Why trash talk

Notices

Why trash talk

Old 08-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DonziChick
Pretty sure there was a 28' Cig hanging with you that day.

This thread has brought me out of OSO "retirement" I swore I wouldn't be back but it was just to damn absurd and Tony kept laughing about it.

Btw - I resent the comparision to some of the posting sounding like women.
Sucked me right back in!

A drunken text last night included something about this thread being Phsycologist dream study of Narcissism.

Another Text involved my Seadoo being better than any boat made, too funny.

Last edited by Scott; 08-16-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Thats right, I believe you had the white mule with you that day?

Im not sure about the "sounding like women" part.

Wow, alcohol didnt kill any of your brain cells, good memory! Maybe it was an old 235?
The 23 was Kramer's buddy Tim Raddiger I think I still have a picture somewhere of Dave sprawled out on my deck asleep with a beer in his hand at Shooters.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
The only boats to do the entire run were:
36 Apache
35 Cafe
32 Caliber
29 Outlaw
28 Cig
23 Baja

The rest of the pussies trailered to LYC and ran inside the breakwall to Shooters and went right back on the trailer.
It was also a short list that completed the sotw run the year that poker face ran, which is a cool boat

NK
Old 08-16-2012, 05:53 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
It was also a short list that completed the sotw run the year that poker face ran, which is a cool boat

NK
Parn, I think you spent more time in the air then in the water!!! One of the best runs every but not as good as when we came down from Lauderdale!!
Attached Thumbnails Why trash talk-saber-pics-044.jpg  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Registered

One of the members here said they had a vid of my boat getting some big air in great lakes rough water when it was the poker run boat for Baja that year.
Do I have a wave crusher too???
Even WFO I don't think my bow is lifting at all.
I've actually thought of changing her name to Miss Lead 'cause she's so damn heavy.
I've taken some lip a couple times when I said she was the 96 factory boat for the runs they attended that year.
One of the funniest was from a drunk owner who said "I wouldn't be caught dead on a Baja"
All I could muster up is "Bro, you could be dead in the water tonight if you don't get back on the trailer before dark"

BTW, this was a great read, I caught it early and didn't come back until I saw there was hundreds of replies since I last peaked in. There's not only a lot of knowledge here there's a lot of humor too, LOL!!!

See ya,
Kelly
Old 08-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
If you could PM some info on the Outerlimits I would appreciate it, I have actually been looking at Quatro's, but, the 42's are also real nice

You can ping me or post "here"

Thanks!
Michael
Whats your email?

Dont want to clog this thread with this,,,,,,..I derailed it enough already !!!!

Quick pic though
Attached Thumbnails Why trash talk-outerlimits.jpg  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
The question is too general for all the details, even from year to year at Baja from changes made in production. I have my opinions what years were better in the Baja family after 24 years of working in the design dept, but I don't want to speculate on other manufactures that I do not have that experience with.

XT
Specifically the 36 outlaw year 99, how good is this hull and was wondering how thick it was. I see it has beefy stringers and good bulkheads along with bolsa core but after seeing you drive the poker run boat in that big stuff I was wondering if the 36 can take that and how much more power can I give it till the breaking point. I know that 73 early models got beefed up for flexing but did the 99 get that problem solved.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obnoxus
Whats your email?

Dont want to clog this thread with this,,,,,,..I derailed it enough already !!!!

Quick pic though
Jeez., thats nice lookin!!!

One of the things that attracted me to OL is the paint, I dont know who designs/paints there boats, but, they look killer!

PM sent, thanks again!

Michael
Old 08-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by n20michael
Jeez., thats nice lookin!!!

One of the things that attracted me to OL is the paint, I dont know who designs/paints there boats, but, they look killer!

PM sent, thanks again!

Michael
Incognito was one of my favorites!
Attached Thumbnails Why trash talk-dsc_2677.jpg  
Old 08-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawfun
Specifically the 36 outlaw year 99, how good is this hull and was wondering how thick it was. I see it has beefy stringers and good bulkheads along with bolsa core but after seeing you drive the poker run boat in that big stuff I was wondering if the 36 can take that and how much more power can I give it till the breaking point. I know that 73 early models got beefed up for flexing but did the 99 get that problem solved.
Almost any 36ol will take more than we did to PokerFace at SOTW run. Even PokerFace broke a belt, or the Latham steering within sight of the end of that run because I remember docking it with only one engine and no power steering. The only 36ol I would shy away from is the original staggered 600 that had a badly cracked keel at one time. The factory recall you mention was for 29, 33, and 36ol's that had the Adeptus motor mounts on standard 454's and 502 power. They should have all been converted to the Corsa offshore motor mounts like my 2000 29ol was. Any HP setup was just fine. The layup on a 36 should be more than enough for any HP you want to put in it. IMHO.

XT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.