Why trash talk

Notices

Why trash talk

Old 08-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Incognito was one of my favorites!
Yep, it's for sale too, it's freakin gorgeous, and the current owner is a HELL of a nice guy too!

It's one of my favorites, it's really well done
Old 08-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Almost any 36ol will take more than we did to PokerFace at SOTW run. Even PokerFace broke a belt, or the Latham steering within sight of the end of that run because I remember docking it with only one engine and no power steering. The only 36ol I would shy away from is the original staggered 600 that had a badly cracked keel at one time. The factory recall you mention was for 29, 33, and 36ol's that had the Adeptus motor mounts on standard 454's and 502 power. They should have all been converted to the Corsa offshore motor mounts like my 2000 29ol was. Any HP setup was just fine. The layup on a 36 should be more than enough for any HP you want to put in it. IMHO.

XT
Dave was the staggard one the 98 for sale last summer local?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Dave was the staggard one the 98 for sale last summer local?
Yes, Ed's boat and he had Kevin Brown look at just after he purchased it, and I quoted the interior. He was cool with the interior but thought Kevin was trying to pull one over on him with the cracked keel and had it repaired somewhere else near the lake. Not saying it was repaired wrong, but you and I know what Kevin can do and we would trust anything he repairs.

XT
Old 08-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yes, Ed's boat and he had Kevin Brown look at just after he purchased it, and I quoted the interior. He was cool with the interior but thought Kevin was trying to pull one over on him with the cracked keel and had it repaired somewhere else near the lake. Not saying it was repaired wrong, but you and I know what Kevin can do and we would trust anything he repairs.

XT
Ahhh...yea, Kevin took good care of me when he did mine...I was thinking about that boat last summer figuring it would be cool to have at that price...
Old 08-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Ahhh...yea, Kevin took good care of me when he did mine...I was thinking about that boat last summer figuring it would be cool to have at that price...
Tank likes that boat also and it may have been repaired right, but when he said it was the boat he wanted to own for a long time and it comes up for sale with the interior only half redone, that gave me a RED flag feeling.

Last edited by XT-Innovator; 08-16-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 3,240 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Tank likes that boat also and it may have been repaired right, but when he said it was the boat he wanted to own for a long time and it comes up for sale with the interior only half redone, that gave me a RED flag feeling.
Everyone said it needed a lot of work. I was worried about the delam repair too. It was a great price...maybe too good to be true and you know what they say about that!

But I REALLY like that boat!!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost any 36ol will take more than we did to PokerFace at SOTW run. Even PokerFace broke a belt, or the Latham steering within sight of the end of that run because I remember docking it with only one engine and no power steering. The only 36ol I would shy away from is the original staggered 600 that had a badly cracked keel at one time. The factory recall you mention was for 29, 33, and 36ol's that had the Adeptus motor mounts on standard 454's and 502 power. They should have all been converted to the Corsa offshore motor mounts like my 2000 29ol was. Any HP setup was just fine. The layup on a 36 should be more than enough for any HP you want to put in it. IMHO.

XT
Thanks for the info, I'm always looking to learn as much as i can. This sight has been great but sometimes miss info. is posted. If you can tell me anything else that would be great.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by outlawfun
Thanks for the info, I'm always looking to learn as much as i can. This sight has been great but sometimes miss info. is posted. If you can tell me anything else that would be great.
Nobody can tell you more then Dave thats for sure...
Old 08-17-2012, 04:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yea, I noticed that too... oh well, coulda been a swet ride...
Old 08-17-2012, 06:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,166 Likes on 1,409 Posts

XT
Since were talkin about the good ol day's, tell me about my model 2000 33 OL, 502's, any issues that I should be looking for ? doing a repower at the end of the season, thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.