Why trash talk >

Why trash talk

Notices

Why trash talk

Old 08-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
This a great Cigarette wave crushing video, one of my favorites. The waves are spaced way further than lake Erie, so not really just. The video gets good at about 1:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f7ktr3bKdE
Those Evos where top heavy for sure..No delamination after a hard stuff though...
You will also like this Cigarette Vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlqkaUzKJ50
Old 08-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obnoxus
TOAD ( the art of design )

Dean Loucks
I remember seeing that "Sorcerer" boat he painted years ago, I think it was a big skater, really cool looking, paintwork was unbelievable!

Look forward to more info on that OL, Thanks!

Michael
Old 08-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Wow XT, you can drive!

If that doesn't prove how sweet Baja's are I don't know what does!

XT, your welcome to come show me up driving my Baja anytime
I could not hang with Clifford or the 40+ footers that day, but we were not too far behind them.

XT
Old 08-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
I could not hang with Clifford or the 40+ footers that day, but we were not too far behind them.

XT
I knew we were doomed when the helicopter showed up. I think the helicopter increased your speed by 25 to 30 mph, but helped make one hell of a cool video.

The video, by the way does not do it any justice.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Its still boating season, and our season is too short up here. Time for everyone to chill out, keep boating and save up the trash talk for this winter so we have something to yap about!

Soooooo I shouldnt say that I heard that Baja was coming out with a new model called the "Ashtray"?........................................ .................Because it crushes cigarettes!

BAZINGA!

OK, Im done. Didnt mean for that to piss anyone off. Again, sometimes things just sound funny in my head and I lack that filter that most people seem to have.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 65 Likes on 29 Posts

I think bash because they don't know and just base it on what the heard somewhere. Most likely they have never driven or even ridden in a Baja.

That being said, I've owned three Bajas, 20, 25 and 29. They were all great boats and the 29 I had for 5 years and was mostly an Pacific Ocean boat. I ran that thing in some big water a lot. The biggest was a couple years ago in 6 - 8's for a (very) short run, out and back. It was double small craft warnings but I nosed it out anyway. There were some guys on PWC's wave jumping so I had to show them up! Anyway, the boat did just fine, albeit with some rattling but no stress cracks. I did have to push the SS rub rail back in a few times though.

I also owned a 28 Cigarette. There is no comparison between the Cig and my 29 as far as a solid boat. That Cig would crash through waves like it was made of reinforced concrete. Other than the up and down motion you couldn't tell when it came back down on the water after a big wave. It was an 8' beam vs 8&1/2 and you can't compare cabin space (the 29 has a huge cabin for its size).

My buddy had a 36 Outlaw that we ran in the SCOPE poker run one year. It was much more solid feeling than my 29. It is also 8'6" beam and big cabin but didn't rattle as much as my 29. Probably still not as solid as my buddy's Cafe.

We just ran from Channel Island Harbor to Catalina and back in my buddy's 42X. 70/80 mph in mixed 3's with occasional big holes. When we got there my wife looked at me and said our next boat was going to be a Cigarette!

Baja made an excellent product and a practical price point. I think they knew their market well and made a diversified product line. Their customer base is clearly different than Cigarette's (at least for new purchases). I think at the end they were looking a little more to the upscale market before everything went to sh!t with the poker run edition of the 35s.

I would have loved to see a 40 Outlaw poker run edition with half cabin, 700's and NXT's. I know the trend is now lighter layups to go faster but I would have liked a heavier layup 80 MPH boat that could handle big water.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 4,569 Likes on 1,316 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
It was 4 years in the outlaw.....not on the lake...... My offer stands anytime you think you want to compare driving skill
I would not take that bet
Old 08-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Registered

What we gonna let this thread die!

Ok all cig owners walk around with a corn cob up their a$$.....
Old 08-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnAT
Yep!
Oh, by the way ED, Hummers suck
Active Thunder sucks. LOL!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Gold Member

I have never bin into brand bashing because no matter what the brand is these boat buyers are hard working people who spend alot of time and hard earned money for there toys. whether its a baja, fountain, sonic, cig...... Enjoy whatever you choose to buy. I bought a ford because Ive had great luck with ford trucks and buy american. Doesnt make your toyota a piece of sh!t its just what I choose to buy!!!! I think some of the baja bashing is just the plain jane look of a couple of there models maybe? I personally dont care for the look of the 232 252 272 292, islander models, they just look cheap to me. A friend of mine has a 272 1996 and from the pink and teal graphics to the plain ol dash im just not a big fan but he likes the boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.