Why trash talk >

Why trash talk

Notices

Why trash talk

Old 08-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

[QUOTE=1987pachanga22;3747019]Full force, I never once said anything about you and or your brand of boat. I don't have a clue how you got that from what I had satge person who started fge thread posted in the cig thread and then came and staffed this one... that's fine and all good... as far as your post I must have read into it differently and I was just waking up... sorry I do.t mean any harm and just use my experiancss as examples...

my Baja was a great boat... gave me good memories and kinda held up to my abuse... I have nothing horrible to say about any boat or Baja...well maybe bayliners.....

we all love baiting in general and enjoy what we work hard for...
Old 08-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by boatnt
Dude really??
your boat is 27 years old,come on now,,enjoy your boat but dont think you have something you dont..

there nothing wrong with having a older boat ,,the only think you boat has in common with a new cig is the name...

enjoy your boat but please stop telling us how great it is
what do I think.it is that it isn't? you tell me? did I say it is fast? nope... did I say it is perfect...nope...I did say that it takes. cig water better then any 35 footer I been on... and until you ride in one you have no idea... do the research on the mistress... just like I also say my 320 Baja took big water great also for a 32 footer...with my 320 I would often get somewhere before many others with similar boats.....

ride on many different boats in lake Erie then report back.... I am not trying to turn it into a pissing match... there is a reason cig is still building boats and it isn't because they suck and bajas are better....

I'm good with all boats so don't make me out to be so bad... my opinions come from all around first hand experiance with boats I have actually been on from bayliners to Apache and. most in between... not what I read they can do.......
Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

its not even a cigarette thing... if I moved into a 357 formula like I was gonna do I would be saying the same thing......

the Baja used as example against me is a 36 outlaw..... who made the hull? Cig....
Old 08-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
. I am not trying to turn it into a pissing match... there is a reason cig is still building boats and it isn't because they suck and bajas are better.....
you dont want to turn this into a pissing match???really???
you come on here and you keep telling us how great your cig is and you dont think people are going to get defensive????

we all know Cig are great ,,,,but in our little world we think we have something worth bragging about as well ,,so please let us fool our selfs by thinking that..
Old 08-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

that's funny because the person which started this thread did it over in the cig forum...lol

again...show me where I said Baja sucks...... you won't find that.... I do think they are under rated in some cases...
Old 08-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
that's funny because the person which started this thread did it over in the cig forum...lol

again...show me where I said Baja sucks...... you won't find that.... I do think they are under rated in some cases...
in your own special way you are ...
everytime you come on here (Baja section)and you tell us what a great wave crusher you have you in your own way are telling us everything else just sucks..
Old 08-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by boatnt
in your own special way you are ...
everytime you come on here (Baja section)and you tell us what a great wave crusher you have you in your own way are telling us everything else just sucks..
ya ok..... go back a few pages and look for my big water Baja video .... I gave Baja tons of props in that and still do... so take it how.you wanna.... go Wycherley the video..wasn't on a inland boat slop lake... go find.it...its actually a good video and its a BAJA
Old 08-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

I have owned a 24,29, and 36. I think the hate comes form a few things.

1. Cig, or other true offshore companies do not make a 212 bow rider islander that you can buy new for $25k with a trailer. Like it or not that little boat IS a Baja, and many will base their opinion on the cheapest one they make.

2. My 36 had all the opitons- Monster gauges, McCleod bolsters, a/c, latham, kiekhaefer k planes HOWEVER, some things were really cheap as well. Fake offshore mounts, wiring and riging was a mess and not thought out, cabin interior was as cheap as they come, headliner was a POS, back seat back was held in with plastic body fastners, lots of cheap plastic that yellowed over a short time, very small wood screws holding important things on that most thru bolt, etc. As nice as that boat looked it didn't hold up in a lot of ways.

I used to tell people it was the difference between a camaro and a corvette compared to most true "offshore" boats.

I miss the cabin room, and the deck room. The 36 has some of the best lines out there IMO. The boat was a great boat for how 90% of the "performance" boaters use their rides.

I was single when I owned the 36, never ever had a problem getting hot chics on it.......guess they don't know Baja is a substandard brand?

Over all I guess they could have did things better, however then they would hit the price point they were after. Bang for buck they are hard to beat, and look better than others that are at the same price point. My 36 in 2003 had a sticker of allmost $300k but was purchased on a clean deal for $200k, there was only a few other options for a 36/38 ft boat new in the price point, and they didn;t look as good as the OL IMO

Side note.......don't try to make them go fast
Old 08-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 4bus

1. Cig, or other true offshore companies do not make a 212 bow rider islander that you can buy new for $25k with a trailer. Like it or not that little boat IS a Baja, and many will base their opinion on the cheapest one they make.

2. My 36 had all the opitons- Monster gauges, McCleod bolsters, a/c, latham, kiekhaefer k planes HOWEVER, some things were really cheap as well. Fake offshore mounts, wiring and riging was a mess and not thought out, cabin interior was as cheap as they come, headliner was a POS, back seat back was held in with plastic body fastners, lots of cheap plastic that yellowed over a short time, very small wood screws holding important things on that most thru bolt, etc. As nice as that boat looked it didn't hold up in a lot of ways.

I used to tell people it was the difference between a camaro and a corvette compared to most true "offshore" boats.

I miss the cabin room, and the deck room. The 36 has some of the best lines out there IMO. The boat was a great boat for how 90% of the "performance" boaters use their rides.

I was single when I owned the 36, never ever had a problem getting hot chics on it.......guess they don't know Baja is a substandard brand?

Over all I guess they could have did things better, however then they would hit the price point they were after. Bang for buck they are hard to beat, and look better than others that are at the same price point. My 36 in 2003 had a sticker of allmost $300k but was purchased on a clean deal for $200k, there was only a few other options for a 36/38 ft boat new in the price point, and they didn;t look as good as the OL IMO

pretty much my point... and btw...don't get me going on the wiring...lol

we all like what we like and have opinions... no big deal.....I'm good.... I still like Baja as any other offshore boat...
Old 08-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4bus

I agree, Despite what a lot of boaters will tell you, many people with "offshore" boats spend the majority of there time in calm inland waters, tied to a local pier/sandbar and the occasional poker run. In my opinion its a VERY small percentage of the offshore population that boat the MAJORITY of the time in 8-10ft swells. I have done it aboard friends boats, and, yes its fun...........for 15 minutes, would I want to spend ALL day pounding through that slop getting pounded by waves? Nope. And without stepping on anyone's toes you AREN'T gonna sail off the crest off 10 ft waves and NOT feel it when you land regardless of what 35ft boat you own, its just common physics.

So, would a 36ft Outlaw "handle" HUGE swells the way an Apache or Cig would? probably not, but, as a former owner of one, how often did you actually run in 10ft swells? Probably not real often, which is my point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.