Why trash talk

Notices

Why trash talk

Old 08-06-2012, 12:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 264 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
if they were the same build and quality they would cost similar, I have seen many..my buddy had a 36 outlaw, now has a 38 Gun, the gun crushes WAY better... sorry...and thats a TS gun over the straight Baja hull... TS never ride as good as straight bottom boats..again, I am also referring to our Lake Erie, not inland lakes or oceans....

This video is my Mistress in 4-6 footers we see regularly on the great lakes, newer cigs run it just as good without beating you up... I never said the Baja cant run it, I just said you will feel it a ton more...

http://youtu.be/RkIdBlNuxMM
A T/S gun rides just as good as any straight bottom
Cigs ride that I've ridden in, and does it about 10 mph faster
too, and without the porpoise
Old 08-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
A T/S gun rides just as good as any straight bottom
Cigs ride that I've ridden in, and does it about 10 mph faster
too, and without the porpoise
it will porpoise at slower speeds... at the end of the video I got into it more and she levels out... guns porpoise more then mistress... read about em... but most of it is how its trimmed and speed in almost all boats... the notched transom in a gun makes em ride with more bow lift...
stepped boats don't ride the same... they are lighter and a lot more hull out of the water... yes faster... but I was nit talking about speeds here... come on... mine runs 63..... but rides good...
Old 08-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the end... thread is a out talking trash.. I never did talk trash about Baja...
Old 08-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slightly "off topic" but, if anyone knows of a Cig Mistress for sale reasonable, please let me know, I have been "casually looking" for a few years now and had little luck, found one for 180K and one for 200K, which is ridiculous in my opinion for a 10 year old, 30 ft boat with stock power. That kind of money would put you in a newer 1075 boat with #6's in this economy. IF I could find one reasonable, I would put the extra cash together and buy it and skip the 29Outlaw I am looking for now, if not, I will buy a 29 Outlaw until I can afford my Outerlimits (which will probably be QUITE some time)

Thanks!
Michael
Old 08-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

it will porpoise at slower speeds... at the end of the video I got into it more and she levels out... guns porpoise more then mistress... read about em... but most of it is how its trimmed and speed in almost all boats... the notched transom in a gun makes em ride with more bow lift...
stepped boats don't ride the same... they are lighter and a lot more hull out of the water... yes faster... but I was nit talking about speeds here... come on... mine runs 63..... but rides good...
Do you know how many times a summer I hear about the old " wave crushing hulls" as compared to my newer twin step hull ??? I have yet to see it, and I still fly by them.

Why does it seem that everyone that has a boat built in the 80's wants to talk about how it is better in the rough stuff? Race courses are about as rough as a see can get, with giant cross wakes added into the already rough seas. I have never seen a race team pull out their 1979 "old faithful" to run on a rough days.

We can respect your hull and the heritage that came along with it, however you don't need to dog the newer stuff to try to make your look better, there is a reason they changed them
Old 08-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 4bus
Do you know how many times a summer I hear about the old " wave crushing hulls" as compared to my newer twin step hull ??? I have yet to see it, and I still fly by them.

Why does it seem that everyone that has a boat built in the 80's wants to talk about how it is better in the rough stuff? Race courses are about as rough as a see can get, with giant cross wakes added into the already rough seas. I have never seen a race team pull out their 1979 "old faithful" to run on a rough days.

We can respect your hull and the heritage that came along with it, however you don't need to dog the newer stuff to try to make your look better, there is a reason they changed them
You cannot compare a race boat to a pleasure boat, stepped boats are faster well... we all know that, that also comes with lighter layup, both sacrafice some ride quality, its a fact...UNLESS you have a full race hull you are not riding as good due to weight alone.... in my case mine is approx 10,000+ plbs... whats yours weigh?? thats right a lot lighter..

I didny say stepped hulls ride bad but they are for sure different... thats all I said... I been on MANY of both stepped and non step... many times

Come to western Lake Erie in 6 footers we can go for a spin...
Old 08-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

You cannot compare a race boat to a pleasure boat, stepped boats are faster well... we all know that, that also comes with lighter layup, both sacrafice some ride quality, its a fact...UNLESS you have a full race hull you are not riding as good due to weight alone.... in my case mine is approx 10,000+ plbs... whats yours weigh?? thats right a lot lighter..

I didny say stepped hulls ride bad but they are for sure different... thats all I said... I been on MANY of both stepped and non step... many times

Come to western Lake Erie in 6 footers we can go for a spin...
Mine is 8900 lbs, 20 years newer, and will touch 90 mph.

I boat on lake ontario, you know....the bigger lake to your north.

Again, I can't get over guys with older boats always falling back on the wave crushing thing as a cry for respect.

If you want to go a spin you better hope for some conditions that somehow slow me down, but yet you ride faster.....otherwise you will be 30 mph behind me. I haven't seen it yet, nor do I expect to see it. My boat does just fine in the rough stuff, ever heard of a fountain?

Bottom line is I don't face conditions every day that make me think about wave crushing capabities. In fact, isn't there something better to do if the weather is truely that bad? I know a guy that captains a 600 ft frieghtliner, I do not argue wave crushing with him, or payload.....and he doesn't argue speed, looks, or fun with me.

My answer to the "my boat is a wave crusher, your new ride is crap is"

Reliability
Fuel
Looks
Comforts
Technology
Speed
Wow factor
acceleration
ammenities
resale
parts availability

Get over it dude, we are all boaters. If you are trying to convince me you are holding on to your 85 cig because you don't like the new cigs....I'm not buying it.

Your video is nothing I haven't seen on the fountain, and maybe it is just a camera mic thing but your boat sounded like a loud smack/crack on every landing.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

bigger lake with more swell type water.. I will however say the 38 FOuntain I was on was far less impressive then any other newer 38 foot boat I been on...I can be assured your faster and newer but I would get there with no bruises... I am plenty reliable and very poleased with everythign about my boat, your right, if I wanted a payment I could easily have a stepped hull faster boat but I don't want a payment...

yes I have heard of a Fountain.... I will not go there with all the comments I hear and read about them let alone my experience riding in one...I will say the 42 is a WAY better riding Fountain then the 38... 2 different boats all together... I'm happy with my ride and as far as it slamming I bet anything it lands softer then yours....

I am not gonna go back and forth, I said my opinion you said yours... I know someones always bigger more expensive and faster.... I'm ok with that...

Originally Posted by 4bus
Mine is 8900 lbs, 20 years newer, and will touch 90 mph.

I boat on lake ontario, you know....the bigger lake to your north.

Again, I can't get over guys with older boats always falling back on the wave crushing thing as a cry for respect.

If you want to go a spin you better hope for some conditions that somehow slow me down, but yet you ride faster.....otherwise you will be 30 mph behind me. I haven't seen it yet, nor do I expect to see it. My boat does just fine in the rough stuff, ever heard of a fountain?

Bottom line is I don't face conditions every day that make me think about wave crushing capabities. In fact, isn't there something better to do if the weather is truely that bad? I know a guy that captains a 600 ft frieghtliner, I do not argue wave crushing with him, or payload.....and he doesn't argue speed, looks, or fun with me.

My answer to the "my boat is a wave crusher, your new ride is crap is"

Reliability
Fuel
Looks
Comforts
Technology
Speed
Wow factor
acceleration
ammenities
resale
parts availability

Get over it dude, we are all boaters. If you are trying to convince me you are holding on to your 85 cig because you don't like the new cigs....I'm not buying it.

Your video is nothing I haven't seen on the fountain, and maybe it is just a camera mic thing but your boat sounded like a loud smack/crack on every landing.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:20 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What were we talking about again??
Old 08-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by haulinvols
What were we talking about again??
trash talk!! I'm done! oops

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.