Why trash talk >

Why trash talk

Notices

Why trash talk

Old 08-06-2012, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Full Force
that's funny because the person which started this thread did it over in the cig forum...lol

again...show me where I said Baja sucks...... you won't find that.... I do think they are under rated in some cases...
I've been reading these posts for 2 years and have seen alot of negative posts about Baja and don't know why. I don't know if it was you that trashed them on the Cig forum but I thought i would chime in as I feel the 36 outlaw is a good boat with the same parts and building process as the other brands. Maybe i got defensive but wanted to know why the hate when i've never had any problems with mine.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

bigger lake with more swell type water.. I will however say the 38 FOuntain I was on was far less impressive then any other newer 38 foot boat I been on...I can be assured your faster and newer but I would get there with no bruises... I am plenty reliable and very poleased with everythign about my boat, your right, if I wanted a payment I could easily have a stepped hull faster boat but I don't want a payment...

yes I have heard of a Fountain.... I will not go there with all the comments I hear and read about them let alone my experience riding in one...I will say the 42 is a WAY better riding Fountain then the 38... 2 different boats all together... I'm happy with my ride and as far as it slamming I bet anything it lands softer then yours....

I am not gonna go back and forth, I said my opinion you said yours... I know someones always bigger more expensive and faster.... I'm ok with that...
touche, and I will go as far to say I am very impressed with the newer T/S guns vs the old cigs and 35 mistress.

BTW, I am on the east end of Ontario, you know then end that sees wave the most due to the fact that we have a prevailing west wind for the most part. They break, and they get big.....make no question. I also boat on oneida lake, which is an average of 20 ft deep, you would be suprised how rough it can get. White cap swells.

But why argue on the internet. You are gonna say your waves are rougher, and your boat does better in them......blah blah blah.

I love my boat, have never seen anything it can't handle, just get tired of the old cigs guys talking about hitting 8-10 waves that we see maybe once a year.

My tractor can pull a house down, but doesn't make for a great ride to work
Old 08-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was about to question WHY a Cig guy and a Fountain guy where trashing each others stuff on a BAJA forum, LOL

1000 Islands Poker Run is this weekend, come on up and settlet the arguement here! LOL

If either one of you needs a co pilot, let me know, they are BOTH pretty nice rides, enjoy what you got, worry LESS about what the "other" guy has, everyone's happy, isn't that what its about?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawfun
I've been reading these posts for 2 years and have seen alot of negative posts about Baja and don't know why. I don't know if it was you that trashed them on the Cig forum but I thought i would chime in as I feel the 36 outlaw is a good boat with the same parts and building process as the other brands. Maybe i got defensive but wanted to know why the hate when i've never had any problems with mine.
They like all other manufacturers have had ups and downs, some more then others..

I will not say my Baja was a bad boat, but there were a lot of thing overlooked even being older boat compared to others, I also know a ton of guys with them and some have had some issues and some not as much..

I seriously think they are underrated and also think a lot is due to how they are ran and taken care of...

didnt really try to derail thread but you know how that goes...
Old 08-06-2012, 05:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

I'm immune to all the trash talking....I dont care anymore....most of the reasons for have all
ready been covered.

My comments were on the ride quality of a TS top gun vs. a sraight bottom Cig.

Have you ridden in a TS Top Gun ?.

As far as I'm concerned, they ride just as good as the straight bottom cig's I've ridden in,
and do it faster, without porpoising.

The only thing you do notice is some water noise from the water coming off the steps.

Once I drove one, I knew it was going to be the next boat I own.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 4bus
touche, and I will go as far to say I am very impressed with the newer T/S guns vs the old cigs and 35 mistress.

BTW, I am on the east end of Ontario, you know then end that sees wave the most due to the fact that we have a prevailing west wind for the most part. They break, and they get big.....make no question. I also boat on oneida lake, which is an average of 20 ft deep, you would be suprised how rough it can get. White cap swells.

But why argue on the internet. You are gonna say your waves are rougher, and your boat does better in them......blah blah blah.

I love my boat, have never seen anything it can't handle, just get tired of the old cigs guys talking about hitting 8-10 waves that we see maybe once a year.

My tractor can pull a house down, but doesn't make for a great ride to work
I didn't do it as a Cig thing... I did big water with my Baja too
Old 08-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
I'm immune to all the trash talking....I dont care anymore....most of the reasons for have all
ready been covered.

As far as I'm concerned, they ride just as good as the straight bottom cig's I've ridden in,

The only thing you do notice is some water noise from the water coming off the steps.

I agree, no matter WHAT you own, someone is gonna "know somebody" who had bad luck with one [or Good luck with one, depending] The trash talk is really stale and I '[usually] try to stay out of it myself. I know my boat is no "world beater", but, it gets me out on the water, I enjoy it, so do my friends and family, and I dont owe on it.

I guess its like the Chevy/Ford/Dodge arguements, people have argued about the merits and downfalls of each since before I was born, and will do so long after I am gone, but, it really hasn't changed anything, has it?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That does it, i'm going to buy a 38 t/g tomorrow.
Just kidding
Old 08-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
ready been covered.

yes I have... been in ...

35 mistress...

35 Cafe

38 TS gun

46 AMII RR

cant remember if any other Cigs..

All ride great, but the heavy straight bottom seemed to crush more thats all, I ner said TS boats dont do it... its just different..
Old 08-06-2012, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

All ride great, but the heavy straight bottom seemed to crush more thats all,
The same can be said for a 540 Sea Ray

I prefer how they knife through and ride up on top
of the waves though, and in a level fashion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.