Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

The wiring... LOL
Old 08-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
if they were the same build and quality they would cost similar, I have seen many..my buddy had a 36 outlaw, now has a 38 Gun, the gun crushes WAY better... sorry...and thats a TS gun over the straight Baja hull... TS never ride as good as straight bottom boats..again, I am also referring to our Lake Erie, not inland lakes or oceans....

This video is my Mistress in 4-6 footers we see regularly on the great lakes, newer cigs run it just as good without beating you up... I never said the Baja cant run it, I just said you will feel it a ton more...

http://youtu.be/RkIdBlNuxMM
I watched the video...... Didn't see any 4-6 footers.... Perhaps you're overestimating your wavecrushing ability because you're overestimating the size of the waves? Just sayin'....
Old 08-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by puzzleboy
I watched the video...... Didn't see any 4-6 footers.... Perhaps you're overestimating your wavecrushing ability because you're overestimating the size of the waves? Just sayin'....
Nah, if you were there you would know.... I cant help the boat did just fine, sorry..you cant hang...dont forget 35 foot of boat spans waves pretty well...
Old 08-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by puzzleboy
In his defense video does make waves look smaller.

However, any modern offshore boat of similar size still would have walked him that day. When you can only do 50 mph, your boat and interior are dated, you find yourself talking about wave crushing all day
Old 08-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 4bus
In his defense video does make waves look smaller.

However, any modern offshore boat of similar size still would have walked him that day. When you can only do 50 mph, your boat and interior are dated, you find yourself talking about wave crushing all day
I dunno...I've walked a few modernsin bigger water with my Baja...I'm pretty confident I still can with the cig....

as far as being dated.... I kinda like having the 68 Shelby of the boating world..... a great good looking offshore classic that rides better then a fountain.... Im pretty proud of my boat as I was with my Baja too... if u wanna talk speed...come down here and u can run my buddy's pos 353 formula since you think your the fastest thing on the lake...
Old 08-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

I dunno...I've walked a few modernsin bigger water with my Baja...I'm pretty confident I still can with the cig....

as far as being dated.... I kinda like having the 68 Shelby of the boating world..... a great good looking offshore classic that rides better then a fountain.... Im pretty proud of my boat as I was with my Baja too... if u wanna talk speed...come down here and u can run my buddy's pos 353 formula since you think your the fastest thing on the lake...
353....now there is a nice boat, stepped hull, modern tech, I like it!

Never said I was the fastest thing on the lake, just faster than your wave crusher.

In a way I am defending OSS from the trolling of YOU, the guy that jumps on threads and praises how you have the best rough water boat in the world, and lake Erie has the most treacherous boating conditions in said world.

Did it ever occur to you that in your opinion the two best rough water boats are the two that you have owned?

50 mph in the video you posted doesn't impress me, just think if you could have did 75 mph you wouldn't have even known those wave were there
Old 08-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 4bus
353....now there is a nice boat, stepped hull, modern tech, I like it!

Never said I was the fastest thing on the lake, just faster than your wave crusher.

In a way I am defending OSS from the trolling of YOU, the guy that jumps on threads and praises how you have the best rough water boat in the world, and lake Erie has the most treacherous boating conditions in said world.

Did it ever occur to you that in your opinion the two best rough water boats are the two that you have owned?

50 mph in the video you posted doesn't impress me, just think if you could have did 75 mph you wouldn't have even known those wave were there
I'm not the first person to jump on any thread and like what I own.. I made a point that its a great rough water boat and my Baja was too for what it was...lake Erie is a pretty rough environment over many lakes and even oceans at times so yes.. that is accurate
not everyone needs a newer modern boat to be happy... I get the same place you do... maybe not as fast but with less bruises I can assure that..fountains are so great too.... how's buisness there? oh yea..Reggie's had tough times....

I was not bashing anyone's boats either till you bashed my dated boat... again.. I love my dated old boat... so I'm good
Old 08-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great comparison about the Shelby, I agree there is something to be said for a classic, on the OTHER hand a new ZR1 will destroy a 68 Shelby in pretty much every category, for less money. Guess there are 2 schools of thought here, to each there own (-:
Old 08-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by n20michael
Great comparison about the Shelby, I agree there is something to be said for a classic, on the OTHER hand a new ZR1 will destroy a 68 Shelby in pretty much every category, for less money. Guess there are 2 schools of thought here, to each there own (-:
your right... and the classic always gets more looks....

its all good.. I don't care his much anyone trashes me.. I'm totally fine with what I have... if I wanted a newer stepped hull I woukda just go get a loan and buy one... I can assure it wouldn't be a Fountain though......
Old 08-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 118 Posts

85 Cig Mistress = 68 Shelby?????PLEASE stop it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.