Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Chine Walk?? >

Chine Walk??

Notices

Chine Walk??

Old 11-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Besides the prop saying 24pitch, I don't know what it could be, it came with the boat when I bought it. It looks like it has been machined in certain spots.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bajajay98
Besides the prop saying 24pitch, I don't know what it could be, it came with the boat when I bought it. It looks like it has been machined in certain spots.
Can you tell me how much trim you use do you peg it out?
You should try borrow a prop from a friend or have yours check for accuracy. Something is just not right. 3% slip a fast Cat does not even get that.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 AM
DRP
Registered

I said GPS, meaning not my tach. My tach says 78, which is wrong. My gps says 73mph, I've run Next to other boats a dozen times and always comes back the same....I've called the prop guy from mercury racing and talked with him for hours and he says I should touch a thing the boat is perfect.
Tach = Tachometer = RPM.
What was being said is that your RPM's might be off/not at the right RPM.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Registered

I can check the tach and see what's going on... I'm using maybe using right before my limiter is set on my trim up. Not sure angle or degree? Pretty far trimmed out.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Registered

I can check the tach and see what's going on... I'm using maybe using right before my limiter is set on my trim up. Not sure angle or degree? Pretty far trimmed out.

Need to put you drive down Parallel with the bottom of hull. Then mark your trim tab gauge so you know where neutral trim is at on the drive. Then you will know how much trim number you are using pass neutral position. I have found if you go much pass 2-3 numbers on wide open your going to get crazy loose...you can trim higher for lower speed if needed just trim down at higher speed this will help settle her down. If your maxing out your trim that tells me your prop is not carrying the bow or you have a hook in your hull. Here where it will get tricky you can have bow lift added to a prop but I have found this not to work very well on Bravo1 props with V bottoms usually a waste of money. This is why I suggest trying a 5 blade Maximus prop or a 22degree (Bravo style) Hering prop. Don’t listen to people that have not try these prop they have no idea how well they work…usually because of the price.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Registered

What is your drive ratio?
Old 11-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stlliberator
What is your drive ratio?
He said 1.5
Old 11-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok guys i have a 1988baja with 718ponys 136drive and 24pitch bravo one prop 5800rpm doing 82on gps . stock x. if you trim to high i am out of the water to much the boat is out of the water to much.i beleave these guys are rigth about putting a shorty drive on .i think it will put the boat more in the water. i am not shore and do not want to spend$$$$$$$ to find it will not work???? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmnD9...hannel&list=UL look at my boat you will see that not much of the boat in the water
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajabob
ok guys i have a 1988baja with 718ponys 136drive and 24pitch bravo one prop 5800rpm doing 82on gps . stock x. if you trim to high i am out of the water to much the boat is out of the water to much.i beleave these guys are rigth about putting a shorty drive on .i think it will put the boat more in the water. i am not shore and do not want to spend$$$$$$$ to find it will not work???? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmnD9...hannel&list=UL look at my boat you will see that not much of the boat in the water
Looks like you have your dial in pretty good. You have more HP and another 10 mph on these guy so your boat will air out more. Must be nice to run on glass waters.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1to2foot chop the boat is faster !!my buddy runs 85mph and i beat him. smooth water i am slower. i am putting a new carb on this year and a few tricks so i can get 750hp. then a bigger prop. the boat is alot of fun to drive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.