Chine Walk?? >

Chine Walk??

Notices

Chine Walk??

Old 11-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bajabob
1to2foot chop the boat is faster !!my buddy runs 85mph and i beat him. smooth water i am slower. i am putting a new carb on this year and a few tricks so i can get 750hp. then a bigger prop. the boat is alot of fun to drive
Are you running a stock bravo?
Old 11-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes i did nothing to it.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a cool looking/sounding pass there Bob.

Looks like you've got her dialed to me.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Registered

I guess in the newer boats there is a good size hook to the bottom of the boat. Were gonna check mine. It is a 98 25 Outlaw.

we just did a 600HP motor for it and testing it we went 68MPH, but on 7 Cyl, had a blown out head gasket on Cyl #6. so were fixing that now.

We raised the drive/engine almost 3-4 inches, and with a 4 blade Bravo 1 26P it wants ot lift the stern, and it wont trim the nose of the boat up, but were gonna tune it first before we send the prop in for work.

I think we were at 5000 RPM or so, at 68 but not positive. Drive is 1.5 with low water pickup on it.

If it goes 75 ill be happy lol.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CDiPrecision
I guess in the newer boats there is a good size hook to the bottom of the boat. Were gonna check mine. It is a 98 25 Outlaw.

we just did a 600HP motor for it and testing it we went 68MPH, but on 7 Cyl, had a blown out head gasket on Cyl #6. so were fixing that now.

We raised the drive/engine almost 3-4 inches, and with a 4 blade Bravo 1 26P it wants ot lift the stern, and it wont trim the nose of the boat up, but were gonna tune it first before we send the prop in for work.

I think we were at 5000 RPM or so, at 68 but not positive. Drive is 1.5 with low water pickup on it.

If it goes 75 ill be happy lol.
Getting to 75 should not be an issue, I have similar set up and am thinking the raised drive height with IMCO lower is hurting speed. The B1 prop in stock form is not good at all it needs to have some additional cup to carry the bow which is needed for speed.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Registered

I have a a 24 outlaw, with 430 horsepower..turning a stock 26 pitch bravo 1 prop to 5000 rpm, and Im running 70 gps..with half fuel and just me in the boat..It would probably run 72 with lower fuel.. The x demsion is raised 3.5 inches. The boat carries the nose so high its unreal. The boat when running wide open and trimmed it runs on like the last 2 inches of the boat, it doesnt chine walk at all.. It might walk past 70 mph, I dont know..but i know at 70 its straight as an arrow..