32 Caliber questions >

32 Caliber questions

Notices

32 Caliber questions

Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
so when he builds engines and finds drives hes looking at another 10-20,000.... thats not that god a deal, and 30,000 for a bare hull???

Lets brake it down. You buy any other boat from this era and you are guaranteed to find rot, none in this boat thats ZERO and never has been. You just saved 10K. The custom Mcleod/Orlandi Performance interior and stringer reenforcement under floor wont be found in any other boat its all one off, 30K spent doing it. Tube swim platform 2K. Shifter upgrade and steering wheel 2K. To start with this was a 20K+ upgrade optioned boat from the factory. Eagle (3) 6500 lb axle trailer in excellent condition has to be worth 3-4K used. hydraulic steering from helm to transom 3K.

Damn it now that I look at it pay for the interior/custom rigging and I will give you the boat and trailer.

Engines and drives as they are would be an additional 50K but I would like to keep them for a 32 Skater project.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

And there are plenty of bare hulls that are good deals and still don't sell.. First of all... Not gonna get financing on a bare hull and guys with 30 cash are gonna buy a better boat.... My cig is dry.... Built stronger and fully rigged besides engines including hydraulic steering for a 1/3 of that 30,000 I understand you did lots of custom stuff... But the money spent does not factor value in resale you know that.... Remember this buyer wants a 20,000 dollar boat.... Not 50+++
Old 01-14-2013, 09:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sad part is boats don't sell for chit no matter what it is unless its apache... Not one other older boat holds value and cig would be next in line... But still not holding value bare or with power
Old 01-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 294 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
Would consider $30K without power or drives.
I love both your boats and enjoy reading your post and threads on here...but...

Your price is way to high. I love the Caliber, owned a very very clean one and sold it for 30k 3 years ago. (pic posted earlier in thread). It was turn key ready.

Yes we understand all the upgrades your boat has but as well all know upgrades do not increase the value of boats. And bare hulls do not sell unless its a very special boat. Baja bare hulls rarely sell for good money.

IMO your boat turn key ready is worth 40-50k.

If your caliber is worth ??? then whats my Outlaw worth? http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...utlaw-fun.html

The OP found a smokin deal that should be bought for around the teens. If the OP PM's me and says he is not going to buy the boat then I WILL, clean it up and enjoy it!

Good luck OP on your search, the 32 caliber, 33 outlaw is some of the best boats out there, I have truely enjoyed both of mine so much I don't even want to upgrade boats!

Actually thought about buying this boat also, its turn key ready. Wonder what Orlandi thinks his OE is worth compared?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o40195-en.html
Old 01-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wow Dennis's old OE is still around... Kinda haha
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand the economics of the deal, what I am saying to him is that a 20-30K running boat could cost him up to 50K more to make right if all is not well and he has to pay to make it right. I have no need to sell the boat and have owned it free and clear for over 15 years. For any thing less than 30K it stays with me and I will use it for family fun. In the spring I am building a 6400 sq ft building just for my boats to get them out of the shop.

I wish I would have bought Pure Adrenaline from the start. It has some issues that have not been talked about but they are common to OE's and the trailer is less than desirable. The Chi-town Hustler was a BIG 75K mistake but the 2nd OE I bought is as sound as Pure Adrenaline. We are painting its new trailer tomorrow and hope to have it on the water for the spring run.

Offshore, I agree that with stock power a good price for my 32 would be 45-50 but forget about that and your 33.......how much for the wife/helper ???
Old 01-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Brian I am not dogging the fact that your boat is amazing, just saying boats with no power don't move well...or even with power....

As far as the other 32 caliber that was Bob's, last time I saw it the boat was spotless and I know he had muchg work done also, was very turn key with smaller power that it has now and half the price of yours running, I agree things add up fast, I do all my own work and tons of dealing to do it cheap for myself, but he wants a good solid boat for under 25,000.... that 32 should fit that bill unless its been completely destroyed in the last 2 years

Last edited by Full Force; 01-14-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 294 Likes on 103 Posts

Offshore, I agree that with stock power a good price for my 32 would be 45-50 but forget about that and your 33.......how much for the wife/helper ???[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliments! I am one lucky guy to have such a great team mate!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoater
Thank you Full Force, you stopped the "well this is better" ordeal dead in its tracks..... I am all for other boats but not 10 grand on over my range, and I have seen lots of threads get out of hand by people going a "little" higher constantly.
Was just throwing other options out there.. Didn't mean no harm.. So your budget is between 20-25g then right? I'll keep a eye out, does have to be a Baja?
Old 01-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
I understand the economics of the deal, what I am saying to him is that a 20-30K running boat could cost him up to 50K more to make right if all is not well and he has to pay to make it right. I have no need to sell the boat and have owned it free and clear for over 15 years. For any thing less than 30K it stays with me and I will use it for family fun. In the spring I am building a 6400 sq ft building just for my boats to get them out of the shop.

I wish I would have bought Pure Adrenaline from the start. It has some issues that have not been talked about but they are common to OE's and the trailer is less than desirable. The Chi-town Hustler was a BIG 75K mistake but the 2nd OE I bought is as sound as Pure Adrenaline. We are painting its new trailer tomorrow and hope to have it on the water for the spring run.

Offshore, I agree that with stock power a good price for my 32 would be 45-50 but forget about that and your 33.......how much for the wife/helper ???
If I was buying.. I would pay 30 for it minus engines in a heartbeat.. I gotta admit it's a damn nice boat.. lets face it any and all boats no matter what make or model is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it regardless of loan value...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.