Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Nice boat, but..... >

Nice boat, but.....

Notices

Nice boat, but.....

Old 01-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice clean boat, but unfortunately, the market is dead in this price range. In a year, when it hasn't sold, maybe someone can get a deal on it. Plenty of clean boats, including a couple of Top Guns, for this kinda money. Most banks won't finance over 10 years old, so youre looking at a cash buyer. Low 60's? Notta chance. Not being mean that's just the way the market is right now on boats in this age and price range. Good luck.

Last edited by Bowtiepower00; 01-27-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jvthundercat
Yeah right! I was not the one knocking someone's ad to begin with. Real class there. I am sure when you go to sell your little 24 footer that you would just love it to have half the forum knocking your price down for you.
It's a two way street you know. Be nice.

Besides, I have bought four boats in the last year and it will be a least one more before I am in the market.
My boat may be little, still, its newer than yours, no offense but you have only had 12 posts on this site and your already attacking people? Generally its a pretty laid back, helpful group in here, not a lot of drama, and most people try and keep it that way.

I simply stated that I thought it was expensive, I wondered if anyone on here was aware of the boats history? MAYBE there was a reason, it was a "one off" or celebrity owned, special lay up, who knows? To me [and apparantly most others] it seemed like a nice boat, but, very expensive, which is why I asked about it.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Wow, you're a little touchy on the subject. Michael never knocked the price at all, I believe he said he felt the price was a little high and I relayed what I would personally do if I was in the market for that boat considering there's been talk of the 2000 33 recently for sale for under half the asking price of this boat.

But since you bring up all this other stuff - Blue book don't mean sh!t! Market value does. If you've bought and sold several boats as you say you have you'd think you would know that.

Find a nice trailer to go under a 33' foot boat for 4k? Is that a joke? You can find them all day long. I sold my Aluminum South FLorida trailer for 3500 when I sold my gun and it was in GREAT shape. Hell, I can get a new alumimum trailer built for 5k to go under that boat.

Where does it say anywhere in the ad about the 2006 that the motor hours are different from the hull hours? And even if they are, who cares if the boat survey's out good? But just to be clear, you're knocking a four year newer boat with same power and less hours for less money because it doesn't have a trailer!? Sorry, you don't have a leg to stand on.

Now, talk about classy....You talking crap about a guys boat? That's some straight up class right there.

When you're the highest priced (by SEVERAL thousand dollars) on the market for what you're selling, it's going to get some attention, even if it's negative. Maybe that's what the seller is doing?

Pull your panties out of a wad man. It is what it is. facts are facts. Really no need to argue. The boat will sell or it won't. All good.
Thanks Tank!

Thats exactly what I thought, and what I meant, nice looking boat, just seemed pricey and I wondered why, not looking to start [or finish] a fight with anyone, I have subscribed to tons of forums for all different forms of motorsports and I have to say I have learned more, and had more input, and made more friends on here than ANYWHERE else. Great group of guys on here, and guys like Tank are the FIRST ones to step up and help by offering advice or input, doesn't matter if you have a 42ft Outerlimits or a "little" boat like me and thats what makes this board so cool.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...-fountain.html

Apples to oranges? Sure, but most buyers for this type of boat are shopping more than one make. As long as dealers are offering these kind of deals, nobody is going to spend 60K+ on any sort of boat in this range. Half the price for a comparable boat with trailer? From a dealer, no less? Personally, I would probably prefer the 33 OL for the extra cabin space, but not for twice the money.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowtiepower00
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...-fountain.html

Apples to oranges? Sure, but most buyers for this type of boat are shopping more than one make. As long as dealers are offering these kind of deals, nobody is going to spend 60K+ on any sort of boat in this range. Half the price for a comparable boat with trailer? From a dealer, no less? Personally, I would probably prefer the 33 OL for the extra cabin space, but not for twice the money.
You want to compare a Fountain, try this one on. 35' 07 w/ same motors but less hours for 10k less and its on a Myco.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o45220-en.html
Old 01-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Registered

And the Fountain is a stepped hull

The price of Fountains, especially the 35 Lightning/Executioners has really dropped off recently, not sure why? Maybe just a lot of them for sale right now, but, there sure are some good deals out there lately.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by n20michael
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o49579-en.html

Yikes! Nice boat, but, a little pricey??
I had no choice but to
Old 01-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I had no choice but to
Huh? I don't get it?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Registered

At the price...
Old 01-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 147 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
You want to compare a Fountain, try this one on. 35' 07 w/ same motors but less hours for 10k less and its on a Myco.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o45220-en.html
I've talked to the owner of this 35....beautiful very well taken care of boat!!!! Super nice guy too. I believe he's wanting to move up as well. I know y'all have seen me comment in the CIGs and Donzi's as well as Fountains...just wish the 35 Fountain was a little bigger for a 35' boat...38's are pricy enough to just step to a 42 which is too much boat for us. But then take into account the 35 ZR in Austin we looked at. 67 hours and $110k.... Is that boat worth $110k? I dunno, I guess it's all perspective to the brand you're looking at. Say my budget is $100k...what do you buy? An older 388 Hustler or GUN that may need 20k in refreshining or would it be 100k on a little newer fountain or Donzi? What is anything really worth? Whatever someone's willing to pay for it I guess. I've had some good offers on my 29 but had strings attached and I've had some that make me question the common knowledge of a person in general....

Keep the site positive...whole reason I stepped away from other sites. Been a member here for a long time but didn't start to post really till now. I thank all of y'all who have made great comments and suggestions to help me and hopefully I've given some feedback too. Unfortunately our sport is a dying breed and it's up to us to keep it going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.