Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Nice boat, but..... >

Nice boat, but.....

Notices

Nice boat, but.....

Old 01-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the price, that 35 is a clean, low maintenance boat with the 496's. I would prefer a 38 for the staggered engines, but you are right, you can get a 42 for the same money, and they are a big boat. There are some decent guns in the same range, but I would be leary of a boat that heavy with Bravos, and do you really want to spend more money updating drives after you purchase? That being said, Guns are very popular, and would probably have the best resale down the road, not to mention the build quality if you can find a clean one. I saw the Donzi you are referring to, and though it has low hours, I think it's overpriced, especially if the owner appears to have deep enough pockets that he was unaware that lake levels dropped and it fell off the lift. If he was that unappreciative of the boat, how well was it maintained? It is a nice boat however. It sounds like you are looking for black motors to keep insurance down, I would take a hard look at that Fountain, or, possibly even one of the 36 outlaws I see listed, some of them appear to be clean for the money, and priced about the same as the 33's on the market.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
I've talked to the owner of this 35....beautiful very well taken care of boat!!!! Super nice guy too. I believe he's wanting to move up as well. I know y'all have seen me comment in the CIGs and Donzi's as well as Fountains...just wish the 35 Fountain was a little bigger for a 35' boat...38's are pricy enough to just step to a 42 which is too much boat for us. But then take into account the 35 ZR in Austin we looked at. 67 hours and $110k.... Is that boat worth $110k? I dunno, I guess it's all perspective to the brand you're looking at. Say my budget is $100k...what do you buy? An older 388 Hustler or GUN that may need 20k in refreshining or would it be 100k on a little newer fountain or Donzi? What is anything really worth? Whatever someone's willing to pay for it I guess. I've had some good offers on my 29 but had strings attached and I've had some that make me question the common knowledge of a person in general....

Keep the site positive...whole reason I stepped away from other sites. Been a member here for a long time but didn't start to post really till now. I thank all of y'all who have made great comments and suggestions to help me and hopefully I've given some feedback too. Unfortunately our sport is a dying breed and it's up to us to keep it going.
You're in a great position once you sell your boat. 100k you have a lot of options right now. I'd even strongly consider buying one of the 33' Outlaws for the mid 40's - 50's and have money in the bank to do minor work when it comes up (or even rebuild the motors in a season or two).

That Fountain is nice. I just don't like the narrowness of the cockpit and the cabin, the low freeboard and the overall lack of length. But that boat will beat anything speed wise in it's size and year range. Fast hull, clean boat. I just think you'll actually feel your 29 was more roomy then a 35 Fountain. Not talking sh!t, I've been in a few 38 Fountains and always felt they were crampt.

REEEEEAL hard to get past some of these Gladiator prices I'm seeing too.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o49534-en.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o49533-en.html

But the Glads are for a very select crowd.
Good luck on your search. This is the fun part!

Last edited by thisistank; 01-27-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 147 Likes on 60 Posts

! Don't tease me with the Glads Tank! That's dirty pool lol! If I wasn't married that listing for the one in Beaumont would be gone! That was listed at $119...then $95 I think and now wow! Like you said in the cig section very niche market...

I've been around and sold Baja for mannnny years in the past, want away from the line as much as I do like them and "dollar for dollar, bang for the buck they are hard to beat"...just want a little more custom and refinement. Never a fan of the 36, talk about needing power to run...but great wave crusher, never a good seller here for us. Wife really liked the ZR but my 29 has more room then that or the 35 Fountain really...almost not enough to make the jump...the 33 OL has gobs of room, great ride and even Baja will tell you it was the best boat they made....but needs blue power IMO.

I wouldn't mind blue motors but yes the ins (if you can get someone on the gulf coast to carry it without it costing 3x note) can be tricky. I really like that 38 LipShip is redoing but over 100k for a 20 yr old boat I can't justify even knowing it will be like new.... Want something we can grow with a Little. Wanted another 33 when we grabbed the 29 but couldn't pass the deal up....now I gotta move it (reasonable offers accepted ) so I can seriously shop.

Anyway...didn't mean to the thread....

Last edited by HOSSMAN; 01-27-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:09 PM
VIP Member

On that '06 Outlaw, what is up with the pointers on the gauges ? All but the speedo is white pointers on white ?? Kinda weird to me..
Old 01-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
On that '06 Outlaw, what is up with the pointers on the gauges ? All but the speedo is white pointers on white ?? Kinda weird to me..
That is strange.. faded? Sb rpm looks like the big end has a touch of orange. Speed is liq filled so no fade??
Old 01-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
You want to compare a Fountain, try this one on. 35' 07 w/ same motors but less hours for 10k less and its on a Myco.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o45220-en.html
This boat is sold. I talked to the owner and he has a deposit on it!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
! Don't tease me with the Glads Tank! That's dirty pool lol! If I wasn't married that listing for the one in Beaumont would be gone! That was listed at $119...then $95 I think and now wow! Like you said in the cig section very niche market...

I've been around and sold Baja for mannnny years in the past, want away from the line as much as I do like them and "dollar for dollar, bang for the buck they are hard to beat"...just want a little more custom and refinement. Never a fan of the 36, talk about needing power to run...but great wave crusher, never a good seller here for us. Wife really liked the ZR but my 29 has more room then that or the 35 Fountain really...almost not enough to make the jump...the 33 OL has gobs of room, great ride and even Baja will tell you it was the best boat they made....but needs blue power IMO.

I wouldn't mind blue motors but yes the ins (if you can get someone on the gulf coast to carry it without it costing 3x note) can be tricky. I really like that 38 LipShip is redoing but over 100k for a 20 yr old boat I can't justify even knowing it will be like new.... Want something we can grow with a Little. Wanted another 33 when we grabbed the 29 but couldn't pass the deal up....now I gotta move it (reasonable offers accepted ) so I can seriously shop.

Anyway...didn't mean to the thread....
Sounds like you need a 90's top gun! Good deals out there on them. Awesome cabin, good resale, wave crushers, very roomy, in your price range!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Registered

My wife likes your thinking Tank lol...

Smitty... Gauges are faded....look at the now pink horn button. Boat looks to have been not so greatly taken care of but nothing that can't be fixed
Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Registered

Hossman,

I was going to link to the super clean Cafe in the Cig section, but looks like you're already hot on the trail... Possibly a little on the high side as far as price goes, but still WAY cheaper than you could build it for...

Absolutely beautiful boat.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 AM
Registered

Broker hit me back last night... I'll post in the Cig section on it.