Nice boat, but.....

Notices

Nice boat, but.....

Old 01-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nice boat, but.....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o49579-en.html

Yikes! Nice boat, but, a little pricey??
Old 01-27-2013, 05:38 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Since you brought it up.
In blue book world, 67,030 was the top I could come up with for just the boat and not adding covers or bimini as I could only see so much in the ad and it told nothing of it.
Add a generous amount for the trailer 12k = 79,030. Plus concidering the hours were at 283 which should be about half of normal around 50 hours a year, I would say it's a little high, but given these numbers a dealer would be around 86,900 and give you a great deal back down to the 79k.

It's a high starting price, but you can always go down. Try going up on a deal......
Old 01-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 147 Likes on 60 Posts

As I like to say asking prices are just that, asking prices. Offers are offers...money talks, tire kickers walk! People get too hung up on asking prices, if you follow the market and book values and you are smart you should know where things should sell at unless you "have" to sell or move something quick which just FUBAR's the market.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:22 AM
tgi
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o49579-en.html

Yikes! Nice boat, but, a little pricey??
Typical dealer.........

It will sit & sit & sit.......

When the economy dumps, the dealer will unload it in the low 60's.

The dynamics for the market in bajas is drastically changing fast....

The market is in the 30-55k range....Old depreciated out 10-15 year old boats

I commented in another Cig thread that dealer asking prices are back to 2007 levels.

It's always easy to identify "tops" in market & here we are again with people back in fantasy land thinking they are going to get rich "flipping" boats............
Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

I'll take one a couple years older for less than half that price! There's a few to choose from right now.

Or, I don't know, pick up this one that's 4 years newer, less hours for LESS MONEY!!

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...tlaw-101825072

Last edited by thisistank; 01-27-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
I'll take one a couple years older for less than half that price! There's a few to choose from right now.

Or, I don't know, pick up this one that's 4 years newer, less hours for LESS MONEY!!

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...tlaw-101825072
Heck get your checkbook out! Now go find a almost new really nice trailer for 4k. Not!
The hours on the yours is the engines only, the OP's was the whole boat. Oops.
Makes the first one look cheap!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Registered

You can get a decent used trailer for 4-5K, even if you spent 10K on a new one you would only be at 89K for a boat that's FOUR years newer, also, there is NOTHING in the ad about the boat being repowered? What makes you think the boat has more hours on it than the motors.

As for "getting out the chequebook" well, you seem to think its some kind of "deal" maybe you should step up?
Old 01-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
As I like to say asking prices are just that, asking prices. Offers are offers...money talks, tire kickers walk! People get too hung up on asking prices, if you follow the market and book values and you are smart you should know where things should sell at unless you "have" to sell or move something quick which just FUBAR's the market.
In this economy there is a big difference between book values and market value though, besides, the boat is sitting at Outerlimits, there boats are DEFINATELY at the top end of the boat market, so, they might not have a lot of experience with "cheaper" boats
Old 01-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by n20michael
You can get a decent used trailer for 4-5K, even if you spent 10K on a new one you would only be at 89K for a boat that's FOUR years newer, also, there is NOTHING in the ad about the boat being repowered? What makes you think the boat has more hours on it than the motors.

As for "getting out the chequebook" well, you seem to think its some kind of "deal" maybe you should step up?
Yeah right! I was not the one knocking someone's ad to begin with. Real class there. I am sure when you go to sell your little 24 footer that you would just love it to have half the forum knocking your price down for you.
It's a two way street you know. Be nice.

Besides, I have bought four boats in the last year and it will be a least one more before I am in the market.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by jvthundercat
Yeah right! I was not the one knocking someone's ad to begin with. Real class there. I am sure when you go to sell your little 24 footer that you would just love it to have half the forum knocking your price down for you.
It's a two way street you know. Be nice.

Besides, I have bought four boats in the last year and it will be a least one more before I am in the market.
Wow, you're a little touchy on the subject. Michael never knocked the price at all, I believe he said he felt the price was a little high and I relayed what I would personally do if I was in the market for that boat considering there's been talk of the 2000 33 recently for sale for under half the asking price of this boat.

But since you bring up all this other stuff - Blue book don't mean sh!t! Market value does. If you've bought and sold several boats as you say you have you'd think you would know that.

Find a nice trailer to go under a 33' foot boat for 4k? Is that a joke? You can find them all day long. I sold my Aluminum South FLorida trailer for 3500 when I sold my gun and it was in GREAT shape. Hell, I can get a new alumimum trailer built for 5k to go under that boat.

Where does it say anywhere in the ad about the 2006 that the motor hours are different from the hull hours? And even if they are, who cares if the boat survey's out good? But just to be clear, you're knocking a four year newer boat with same power and less hours for less money because it doesn't have a trailer!? Sorry, you don't have a leg to stand on.

Now, talk about classy....You talking crap about a guys boat? That's some straight up class right there.

When you're the highest priced (by SEVERAL thousand dollars) on the market for what you're selling, it's going to get some attention, even if it's negative. Maybe that's what the seller is doing?

Pull your panties out of a wad man. It is what it is. facts are facts. Really no need to argue. The boat will sell or it won't. All good.

Last edited by thisistank; 01-27-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.