Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
All the 24 outlaw/240 sport guys >

All the 24 outlaw/240 sport guys

Notices

All the 24 outlaw/240 sport guys

Old 03-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Fixxer, what size prop are you running? I think I remember reading you're pushing 550 hp or so? What kind of speeds are you running with it, cruise and wot if ya don't mind sharing? Thanks!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn
Fixxer, what size prop are you running? I think I remember reading you're pushing 550 hp or so? What kind of speeds are you running with it, cruise and wot if ya don't mind sharing? Thanks!
Yah, I have 2 that have been worked on. I have a 24p bravoI worked on by merc racing that I turn anywhere from 5550-5750 rpm WOT. Also have a bblades 3 blade that was a 23p mirage plus. Theyu had it perfect. Was running 5600-5700rpm with it and dinked it. Damn river! sent it to them and it was in bad shape. Now it vibrates a little so i need to send it back in. or throw it away. anyways. Boat runs 69-71 depends on conditions. load, fuel, water. the rougher the better. Best seen was 1-1.5 maybe 2 foot chop ocotober day wearing layers 50 degrees or so and got 75.1 only saw it once and im sure my rpms were higher than above if she got there but i was really busy maintaining control. She gets wonky.

The setup has amazing acceleration. The bravo has a porpouse at the 45mph range. has a hard time carrying the bow. the 3 blade is awesome all speeds. But planing is harder (or used to be) But my boat must be faster than that... There is a "77mph" fountain fever 27 running around near me and i can walk him with 4 people, half tank and coolers.

and i am not saying that bblades did anything wrong. they have been waiting for me to send the prop back that i badly damaged. I'm hoping its a simple balance issue. Hell, now that you made me think about it il think ill send it in this week.

good luck bud. Get at least the add on hydro steering. I cannot even begin to tell you how much better the boat became. All i have is the mayfair add on. I just didnt want to be steering of that tiller arm anymore. I have a buddy that had a baja boss hammer and it pitched a gimble ring while we were running near each other. scared the **** out of me. i thought he was gone. but he kept in the boat and it upright. We did it the right way though. I think i bought a used gimbal ring off a hustler on here. and it was a slingshot so it never had a tiller arm installed. so i pulled the engine and removed the transom assy and replaced the ring. There is a velocity running around here with a 454, has lots of hours and the dude is always beating the piss out of it. one of those guys that will race a pontoon. anyways, he has replaced his ring 2 or 3 times using that cut the transom assy method. they are cracking at the tiller arm. one, i would never cut the transom assy. two, second time.... you need steering. I want to get the other ram and then get the inside kit. But i dont know what my future holds. I would love a thunder or hustler 26. may just run the olde girl for 5 or so more years, pull the engine and build it again. Put a efi 454 or something in it and sell her to someone that would love it. That is if it stays dry. I had to do extensive stringer replacement in the engine bay. and now i have a soft spot in the floor in front of the rear seat starboard side. Sigh

good luck buddy
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
Yah, I have 2 that have been worked on. I have a 24p bravoI worked on by merc racing that I turn anywhere from 5550-5750 rpm WOT. Also have a bblades 3 blade that was a 23p mirage plus. Theyu had it perfect. Was running 5600-5700rpm with it and dinked it. Damn river! sent it to them and it was in bad shape. Now it vibrates a little so i need to send it back in. or throw it away. anyways. Boat runs 69-71 depends on conditions. load, fuel, water. the rougher the better. Best seen was 1-1.5 maybe 2 foot chop ocotober day wearing layers 50 degrees or so and got 75.1 only saw it once and im sure my rpms were higher than above if she got there but i was really busy maintaining control. She gets wonky.

The setup has amazing acceleration. The bravo has a porpouse at the 45mph range. has a hard time carrying the bow. the 3 blade is awesome all speeds. But planing is harder (or used to be) But my boat must be faster than that... There is a "77mph" fountain fever 27 running around near me and i can walk him with 4 people, half tank and coolers.

and i am not saying that bblades did anything wrong. they have been waiting for me to send the prop back that i badly damaged. I'm hoping its a simple balance issue. Hell, now that you made me think about it il think ill send it in this week.

good luck bud. Get at least the add on hydro steering. I cannot even begin to tell you how much better the boat became. All i have is the mayfair add on. I just didnt want to be steering of that tiller arm anymore. I have a buddy that had a baja boss hammer and it pitched a gimble ring while we were running near each other. scared the **** out of me. i thought he was gone. but he kept in the boat and it upright. We did it the right way though. I think i bought a used gimbal ring off a hustler on here. and it was a slingshot so it never had a tiller arm installed. so i pulled the engine and removed the transom assy and replaced the ring. There is a velocity running around here with a 454, has lots of hours and the dude is always beating the piss out of it. one of those guys that will race a pontoon. anyways, he has replaced his ring 2 or 3 times using that cut the transom assy method. they are cracking at the tiller arm. one, i would never cut the transom assy. two, second time.... you need steering. I want to get the other ram and then get the inside kit. But i dont know what my future holds. I would love a thunder or hustler 26. may just run the olde girl for 5 or so more years, pull the engine and build it again. Put a efi 454 or something in it and sell her to someone that would love it. That is if it stays dry. I had to do extensive stringer replacement in the engine bay. and now i have a soft spot in the floor in front of the rear seat starboard side. Sigh

good luck buddy

Thanks alot for all the advice, I have a full dual ram Zieger setup sitting In the shop and as soon as it gets warm enough to uncover its going on and the motor has to go back in. Only had 3 of them in it in the last season lol. Can't wait to run it with the new setup.

I'm surprised that it was that bad to plane with the 3 blade. I have a set of k planes going on it but I had some Bennett sport tabs on it and with my old worked 21 mirage it seemed to come on plane pretty easily with no tab. I'm still not sure if a 4 blade would suite me better or a 3? If I have a 4 worked to carry the bow better would that be the way to go?

Guess I gotta call bblades again. He always likes taking my money lol.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok i got a 1988baja stock x. i run 136gears in the bravo drive. 540 dart motor with 718dyno . run a 24bravo prop at 5600running mid 80. trim tabs at top speed did nothing for me! the boat has so much power it lifts the boat out of the water.i put 28in tabs on and the tabs would not let me trim the bow up .so i put the 12in back on. a lot better for my boat. i never try a shorty drive .some guys say they work ?? let us no if it works for you??i put new air vents and bigger carb and new setup on my motor this year. hear my boat running 82mph racing two supercharge wave runnersand thats with a 23mirage prop. good luck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmnD9VV_jB0
Old 03-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Registered

Thanks bob, I was waiting for you to chime in. What did you do to your vents? Your boat seems to be dialed in good. How much of a handful is it to drive at 82 ish? Ill let you guys know the outcome soon as I can get it together. Shooting for early may late April.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input stilliberator, I have a set of 28" k planes I just bought as well for the boat. Parts keep piling up lol. Is your best ever speed 70 or is that a number you can hit with some frequency?
I can hit 70 whenever Im by myself in the boat. With 4 people in the boat I can hit 67-68 no problem.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks bob, I was waiting for you to chime in. What did you do to your vents? Your boat seems to be dialed in good. How much of a handful is it to drive at 82 ish? Ill let you guys know the outcome soon as I can get it together. Shooting for early may late April.
iput http://www.boatpartheadquarters.com/...sea-331200.htm and took the inside out so the air will flow better.it handle good as long as you don t trim it to high. on my 3blade prop i took the cup out and it handle better i dont use a plus mirage prop i find that the old style mirage works better. i like the bravo one prop. i will be testing more in may

Last edited by bajabob; 03-05-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Registered

Id be happy to be in the 70mph club. But honestly I think until I get it dialed in ill prob be in the real high 60s... Maybe run her with a nice tail wind and some chop on fumes for 70 lol.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:14 AM
Registered

Id be happy to be in the 70mph club. But honestly I think until I get it dialed in ill prob be in the real high 60s... Maybe run her with a nice tail wind and some chop on fumes for 70 lol.
i just sold my 88 240 sport, had a 97 454 mag with a B&M blower, ( basically a 525sc clone). spinning a 26 4 blade bravo @ 4900 i would hit 68-70 consistent on gps. best i ever saw was 72 one time. but could hit 70 most every time out. i had stock X dimension, i think you'll be in the 70 mph club!
i would open the hatch and close it down on 2 bumpers and make a 10" gap, not sure if this helped, but was fun to hear the blower screaming louder with the hatch cracked!!!

let us know how it runs when you get it out!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajabob
ok i got a 1988baja stock x. i run 136gears in the bravo drive. 540 dart motor with 718dyno . run a 24bravo prop at 5600running mid 80. trim tabs at top speed did nothing for me! the boat has so much power it lifts the boat out of the water.i put 28in tabs on and the tabs would not let me trim the bow up .so i put the 12in back on. a lot better for my boat. i never try a shorty drive .some guys say they work ?? let us no if it works for you??i put new air vents and bigger carb and new setup on my motor this year. hear my boat running 82mph racing two supercharge wave runnersand thats with a 23mirage prop. good luck Picture 090 - YouTube
hey bajabob, was there an advantage to running a 1.36 instead of a 1.5? my buddie just got a 240 sport, and we were playing with props, and discovered his has a 1.36 instead of the 1.5 we thought?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.