Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
anyone seen this rough 38 special from OK for sale??? >

anyone seen this rough 38 special from OK for sale???

Notices

anyone seen this rough 38 special from OK for sale???

Old 07-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts
Default anyone seen this rough 38 special from OK for sale???

Local auction a 2000 38 special is going thru, interior is rough, motors appear to be cobbed and looking at the drives looks like a salt water boat. Has holley commander efi, the auction does NOT even imply that it runs, you bid blindly with assumption it has a rod knocking motor or broken drive, hard to tell what the story is, I threw a real low bid on it BUT I bet it goes much higher. Guys bid on this crap like it runs perfect but they dont even tell you it runs at all, Smitty

http://auction.repocast.com/details.cfm?ID=1316782
Old 07-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be a really nice boat with a little work.
I've always liked the .38 specials
Old 07-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Local auction a 2000 38 special is going thru, interior is rough, motors appear to be cobbed and looking at the drives looks like a salt water boat. Has holley commander efi, the auction does NOT even imply that it runs, you bid blindly with assumption it has a rod knocking motor or broken drive, hard to tell what the story is, I threw a real low bid on it BUT I bet it goes much higher. Guys bid on this crap like it runs perfect but they dont even tell you it runs at all, Smitty

http://auction.repocast.com/details.cfm?ID=1316782
That boat would have probably come off of Lake Texoma which is actually considered freshwater, BUT is does have some salinity. Probably had it slipped without a lift would be my guess. I am with you...you would have to bid on this like it needed new power and drives...otherwise it looks decent.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts

With repocast they tell you NOTHING about running condition, it is a dumping ground for broke stuff and hurt stuff which sucks for the buyer. I know of someone that sold a snowmobile that had a hurt motor, couldn't sell it on CL for 800$, ran it thru repocast and it sold for 2800$, poor bastard that got it paid what a good running one would go for and probably had to dump another $1200 into it, Smitty