Opinions wanted??? >

Opinions wanted???

Notices

Opinions wanted???

Old 08-02-2002, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Opinions wanted???

my research has shown that 33' Outlaws are selling strong, but within a wide range.

what would you consider a fair "selling price" (not buying price ) for a 2000 Baja '33 Outlaw, Twin Mercruiser 502MAG's/415HP, Bravo drives, Capt. Call, IMCO Hydraulic steering w/ stainless IMCO tie bar, Large K-Planes w/ indicators, York Labbed 4-blade Bravo 1 props, Gaffrig Monster Guages w/ colored bezels, Lowrance Depth Finder, Kiekhaefer controls w/ trim on throttle, Haylon FE system, Shore Power w/ charger, Snap-in cockpit carpet, aluminum swim platform, Galley Package -sink, alcohol stove, refrig., Clarion/Bose Tidal Wave Stereo w/ 6 disc changer, Sunbrella Cockpit Cover, Mulberry & Yellow Boss Graphics, Triple Axle Heritage Trailer w/ Custom Matching Graphics, boat purchased new in 4/01, less than 65 freshwater hours?????

opinions wanted.......
Old 08-02-2002, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may help. Then again, it may not.

There are 5 33 Outlaws (4 1999 and 1 2000) priced between 88.5 K and 104 K on www.boattraderonline.com. None seem to have trailers. So you would probably be well on the high side of 110 K. Especially considering your engine hours and maintainance schedule.

Good luck.
Old 08-02-2002, 04:18 PM
Luxy60

Always tough when pricing a used boat. Lots of variables to consider particularly, age, area of the country, equipment, engines, condition etc... Your's sounds like an A condition boat. Fresh water, low hours, well equiped are all very desirable characteristics. One limiting factor is the engines. Many looking to move up to a 30' + performance boat, especially used, are looking for bigger power....HP500's and better. New boats equiped with these HP engines are prohibitively expensive and many folks look at a well maintained 2 - 3 year old boats as an alternative. (in my case anyway!). To give you some pt. of reference the Baja dealer where I purchased my last boat recently sold 2, 33' Outlaws, 1 a '99 and the other a 2000. Both were equiped with HP500's. Similarly equiped with extra's...the 1999 was an SST and both fresh water boats with approx. 125 - 150 hrs. The asking prices were $125K. Not sure what they sold for but I am sure it wasn't $125K! I'd guess $110 - 115, maybe less. A comparable, A condition, boat with 502's I'd say is resonable at $100K +/- 5. (with trailer + 2 - 3K).

My opinion....

Good luck

Old 08-02-2002, 04:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It's probably worth precisely as much as my 25.
e-mail me when you're ready for me to pick it up and trade!
Old 08-05-2002, 08:10 AM
Registered

I would think that boat is worth every bit of $110,000.You have a lot of stuff on it plus a trailer.I sure as hell wouldn't give it away!
Old 08-05-2002, 09:40 AM
Registered

thanks for the input guys. i had decided not to sell the boat, but i have a guy that has asked me several different times to sell it to him. he called the other day wanting to know if i would sell. i guess anything is for sale for the right price... i think i'm going to end up in the $113,000.00 range.

the trailer is currently at the factory for a total repaint. it had a chip about the size of a quarter on the frame rail. i guess the metal had a spot where it was contaminated w/ oil on the surface. they agreed to strip the whole trailer down, repaint, and replace the custom graphics all for free. mark, the owner of heritage trailers has to be one of the most sincere, down to earth people that i have ever encountered.

Baja Daze- sounds like a deal!!!

chad
Old 08-05-2002, 11:42 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JBK,

Not going to put a price on your boat, but I hope this may help you out, just my 2-cents.

We sold our 272 the first of the year to buy the 36 Outlaw.

When I posted on OSO with pictures and description that it was for sale I had many make comments that it was OVER priced.

I had the boat two seasons, it had 180 hours, a Myco trailer, $2500.00 stereo, VHF and chartplotter.

IT WAS IN 100% PERFECT CONDITION and we asked $63,500 for it.

The very first guy that came to look at it offered me $62,000 but could not get financed. The second guy offered me $60,000, we said no and he came back with $62,000 and bought the boat.

My point is that from what I have seen your boat is in very good condition and well maintained. Everyone is looking for a bargin, but you get what you pay for.

Most of the boats you see advertised are not such a great deal when you really look at the up close.

Don't price it too cheap. I sold mine through boat trader online.

Good luck
Mark
Old 08-05-2002, 12:51 PM
Registered

Mark- thank you for the advice. you are so true! when i sold my '98 272, i priced it at $49K, the first guy that came to look at it offered $48K. i delivered the boat to him the next weekend. at the time, it was top dollar. the owner was impressed when i layed out the maintenance schedule and made a point to show him that i kept it in my heated garage.

anyone that knows my boats, vehicles, house, etc., knows that i'm one anal SOB when it comes to maintenance and cleaning. as a buyer myself, it is worth a little extra to know that the boat was extremely well cared for.

thanks again,

chad
Old 08-05-2002, 02:36 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Geez,

I must be giving my Shooter away at 35K then, huh? I just can't take my wife yapping at me now that we have two boats.
Old 08-05-2002, 04:24 PM
dloftis

Man, it sounds like a complete piece of junk... tell ya what, if you drop it off at my place, I'll get rid of it for you... NO CHARGE !!!

Quick Reply: Opinions wanted???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.