Towing 25 Outlaw, 272 or 275 >

Towing 25 Outlaw, 272 or 275

Notices

Towing 25 Outlaw, 272 or 275

Old 08-15-2002, 07:50 AM
DJW
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 1998 272 that I pulled with my 98 Tahoe, 350, 3.73 gears, and tow package. It was more than enough truck. I now tow a Formula 311 with the same truck with airbags and stiffer tires. It will do the job but it is asking alot. Hope this helps.
Old 08-15-2002, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boating Fool,
I think you will be surprised by the insurance cost. I have followed a lot of threads in regards of insurance. If you do a search, you will find that State Farm Insurance is very reasonable. I don't know who you have now, but all of my insurance, since I've been 16, and I'm now 32, has been with State Farm. I have never, never, had an issue with them as far as making a claim or anything. My rates have not went up, unless it was a corporate raise across the board or whatever.

Anyhow, I would check with State Farm. For my 96 272 w/502 I pay around 750 and that is full coverage and loan value of the boat.

Dude, you get your boat next year and I would love to come down and hang out with you for a weekend.

Later,
Mike
Old 08-15-2002, 04:55 PM
Boating Fool

Default Luv-in-it

I have everything right now with state farm. Truck, renters, 4wheeler, and jet skis. I will of be dropping the jet skis. I am going to start checking around next summer. I know I can get a 10% discount though liberty mutual because of the company I work for. Anyways I have been with state farm forever too. I after I get my quotes, if they are higher I will threaten with packing up moving to another company. Maybe that will bring down.

Probably won't be next year. I did some math yesterday and I don't think it will happen at least during boating season.

But I don't have to have a boat for you come down. I can talk dad into letting me take the cat and he can go out on his jet skis. If not and he still has the ranger fish and ski, I'll take it.

Old 08-16-2002, 11:02 AM
OutlawBayB

Hey a little late, but won't hurt a bit. We have a 29 Outlaw & pull w/a 2002 Chevy Z71 4x4 Suburban V-8 ntow 10,000lbs. Does good averall, but slow on the Texas hills in Austin. I need to get the transmission cooler to be safe. We haul at least 50 miles each way to get to the lake. But, for the long huals to Austin or anywhere else....we'd need to get a tranny cooler to be safe.

Not sure on this air bag thing ya'll are talking about. Our boat does drop the back end a bit . We were just gonna get some different shocks put on. we definatly have a tricky time if the boat has fuel & we are stopped at a high hill. I'm sure everyone that encounters hills w/ fuel onboard would run into this too. We just fill up the tank in the Z & have the boat on 1/4 or less.

We love the truck & it does great, but we are/would definatley like to get an F-350 for greater ease & capacity, from what we hear. Hope this helps. Don't want an X b/c way too much on fuel & too big for me & my 2 kids, cuz that'd be my everyday vehicle. I'm just fine w/ my Z burb.