Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Where the heck are you Brad Perry? >

Where the heck are you Brad Perry?

Notices

Where the heck are you Brad Perry?

Old 09-06-2002, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where the heck are you Brad Perry?

How is that wild Hammer running? I know you had some problems, but hopefully you are still a boater. Just curious about how its running. Later!
Old 09-11-2002, 01:44 PM
Brad Perry

Default I'm here

Grudgingly. Just got back out of town. Things have been real hectic, Pops had bypass surgery.

Now I'm staring at a box full of parts. Need to change the transom assembly due to the u-joint failure. I dropped off the drive to get the u-joint assembly changed. He called and said $900 and something dollars. I asked what was the rough breakdown of what needed attention (i.e., what did I break). He instantly got an attitude and said I just needed to come pick it up. Got there and he was above and beyond his normal prick level. I always have had to come in on my knees, but have done so willingly due to his good abilities.

I asked him what his problem was and he started to call the police! There must be something in the water. I have never run into so many arrogant people as I have lately. If in north texas, I can save others many hassles of not frequenting a couple of places....

Started digging here on the board and found a new transom assembly and XR drive. Turned out it was in houston. Great price. Get there and the dude has a XZ drive ready to pick up. He wasn't even going to tell me that it wasn't an XR. Glad I didn't have it shipped. The transom assembly was new but he wanted $250 to change the gimbal bearing to the x size. I took another look at the XZ drive and saw some things that didn't add up. Decided not to buy anything. Don't function well in an environment that feels like a drug deal.

Other than that, I'm back!

The jury is still out on continuing to be a boater.

I plan on destructive testing of the bravo drive, at which point I will proabaly go with an XR from Bam.

Old 09-11-2002, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glad you are still a boater!!!

Most importantly, I hope your dad is doing well. I think after all of that I would take a break and have a re-group session before diving back into it. Nearly all of my boating friends have been having mechanical problems lately, and I am thinking that maybe I will be next. Anyway, good to hear from ya and good luck getting it back up and running. See what happens when you have too much power. Later, Craig