Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Timing is everything(for me) >

Timing is everything(for me)

Notices

Timing is everything(for me)

Old 09-10-2002, 05:51 PM
bajah2x105

Thumbs up Timing is everything(for me)

For the last 2 seasons I've been running my boat feeling like my reprogrammed computer was pulling out alot of timing from 4600 to 5150. I was happy with the performance so I never had the balls to push my luck(and motor)for more speed by messing with more initial timing. Well, in light of a winter project rebuild I figured it was time to test my luck. The current stats were set at spinning a 30p QuadIV to 83+mph with 4* initial timing on my ProCharged 502efi. I took small steps in doing this along with a few plug checks but I took the initial up to 10* and gave her a bit more fuel and WAAAALAAAH- I hit 5400rpm at 3/4 of my full trim setting. When the radar gun flashed I wacked out 87.9 mph and there would have been more left but my rev is set at 5400. The plugs are finally tan in color and the fuel was pushing 66 psi under boost. Man did it pull hard from 4500 up. Mabey it's time for a 31 or 32 for next year? Thanks for listening-I just had to share that info cause I'm a happy powerboater right now. That alone pretty much made my Summer. It feels really good when your goals are met. Mabey that 90mph mark is really in my reach but that's another story for next season. Happy Boatering!