Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
antifreeze and winterizing >

antifreeze and winterizing

Notices

antifreeze and winterizing

Old 09-28-2002, 04:57 PM
bajabob

Default antifreeze and winterizing

A friend of mine recently told me I should be using marine grade antifreeze (so called PINK antifreeze) in my block to winterize. I have had boats for years and always used regular automotive anifreeze to winterize. Has anyone heard of this?? Have I been doing it wrong for years??

Old 09-28-2002, 10:21 PM
Donzi22zx

Talking

You should not use any antifreeze this winter in your Baja, that way your engine will crack, and you can get rid of your so called speed boat and buy a nice Sea Ray. Speed Kills!! slow down enjoy life.
Bill

2000 22ZX Donzi 454 Mag 74.1 GPS "all original lets see Baja do that"

Last edited by Donzi22zx; 09-28-2002 at 10:24 PM.

Old 09-29-2002, 08:47 AM
bajabob

What a Jack___,that coming from the guy who tells me he is seconds from loosing control of his (stepped hull) boat @ 72mph. Stick to jetskis!!!! And dreaming of owning a home someday!!!

Old 09-29-2002, 08:05 PM
Donzi22zx

First of all you have the speed WRONG, if you were listening you would have know that we went 74.1 on GPS-Bob! Second of all our house is being built as we speak and it will be worth way more than your house and we are only in our mid 20's. Did you ever get your gauge bezels or wouldn't Lori let you spend your money on them? I don't appreciate your comments to someone who has only been nice to you even though you talk to him as if he is a piece of ****. We all know that your boat is slow so you can stop being jealous of our boat. I think for Christmas I will buy Bill his supercharger. If anyone has anything to say about this posting my name is Patience. I don't understand why you are so rude to Bill when he has given you parts for your boat and tried to help you in anyway that he could. Maybe you should try being nice to him all the time and not only when no one else is around. My question to you is, why won't you take a GPS for a ride on your boat? Are you still afraid of the truth? Please direct all correspondance to Patience.

Old 09-29-2002, 09:27 PM
bajabob

damn, SORRY did'nt mean to get you at the bad time of the month. Nothing worse than a upset women!!!

Old 09-29-2002, 10:19 PM
Donzi22zx

Not that it isn't any business of yours but it isn't my time of the month. I just don't like the way you are treating Bill. He has done so much for you and yet you treat him badly. He actually thinks that you two are friends, but friends don't treat each other the way you treat him. Don't apoligize to me but to him. Bill was just joking with you about the post and you came back with a malicious remark. Maybe you should think about how you talk to him. Patience

P.S. Check out Donzi registry for all the **** Bill is getting there. They don't believe him when he told them the speed he achieved.

Old 09-30-2002, 05:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds to me that there is more going on here than we know. Can someone shed some light we these guys are in a pissing match
Old 09-30-2002, 08:28 AM
bajabob

Can anyone shed some light on the winterizing and antifreeze questian? What is everyone else using?
My apologies to everyone on OSO, who read that other stuff.

Old 09-30-2002, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, here is my thought. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I have always used auto antifreeze and never have had problems. I start up at the house and de-winterize there every year. I am constantly using water, trying to break down the antifreeze, as it drains down the driveway, diluting the antifreeze as it drains into the sewer too. I know I'm not the most enviromentally safe person, but I try.

I believe the pink stuff is the "correct" stuff, because it is politically "correct" and it is the right thing to do. Especially if you de-winterize at the docks or at lakes. The pink stuff will not damage the ecosystem (plant and animal life). Therefore, that is why I de-winterize at my house. Auto-antifreeze is very harsh on the ecosystem. I believe it needs to be recycled/disposed of in a properly manner.

Again, I know I'm not handling my situation "correctly" but that is what I do.

Now, I have shed some light...

By the way, you don't want to get caught de-winterizing at the docks/lakes with auto-antifreeze. BIG FINES!!!!! PATROL WILL KNOW BY THE TYPE OF DISCHARGE TOO! Not that I have been fined, just what I have been told by area marina's!

Last edited by Luv-N-It; 09-30-2002 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Luv-N-It is correct.

People have been using auto antifreeze for decades. "Marine Antifreeze" is fairly new to the market, relatively speaking. Both will do the job just fine, the only difference is the toxicity. Auto Radiator antifreeze is poisonous, while Marine antifreeze is environmentally friendly.

Quick Reply: antifreeze and winterizing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.