Baja 275 with 600 SCi update Projekt >

Baja 275 with 600 SCi update Projekt

Notices

Baja 275 with 600 SCi update Projekt

Old 02-28-2018, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I looks we work very same on our boats!! Great!
My old motor is now in an 25 Outlaw and there only 2 KmH slower than the 525 there was before in!
By the way,from where did ou get the carbon covers on closedcoolingreservoir and steering oil bottle??
Michael

Last edited by Brembofreak; 02-28-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 930 Likes on 398 Posts

Yes very similar l! Got my cooling res cover from a member, see this link WTB Merc 525 efi carbon fiber coolant res. cover

Old 02-28-2018, 01:36 PM
Registered

Ok,i have seen this before and ask in the tread.but no answer! I have send him now an mail also!.
I have also buy an Driveguardian to safe my new XR a bit and hope it will work so for some years!
michael
Old 02-28-2018, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Brembofreak
Here some more pics from the boat! I get it end 2016 in 100% standart like it come from baja.All changes made by me!When engine runs,i like to add hydraulic steerind,maybe ITS and then some more things like big tabs and so!
A boat never real ready!!
Changes 2016/2017:
New Carbonplates for Gauges(smartcraft Gaffrig) switches and so
JL Speakers and Amplifier
Kenwoodmarineradio
Blue bezel at clams,grips and all i can do them
new harness 14 pin smartcraft and all other electric new and so that you see it not in the engine room
bilge and trimtab pump behind see side,so unseen
batterys in the rear seat
and to mayn small changes that can not liszt here like unseen maiswitch for battery.maybe i load some pics more here if wanted!?
Michael

Very clean boat!! I had a 25ol and rode very well.. Hope the mrs doesn’t catch you post her topless pics!! Nice as well!!
Old 03-04-2018, 09:35 AM
Registered

News!
Back from checking the 600 SCi 100%!
Engine looks good and i buy! Put all sparkplugs out and check Cylinder inside and go in exhaust with an Mini Camera for smarthone with light and 5 inch lenght!
No sign of rust or usage.Engine Longblock are only 60 hours and came 2010 new.I check also the colour of the Rockers and there are the new ones in,no Crane Gold!
Next time make all fluids new and clean gas system before make a restart after 7 years storage.
Is there anything to do at the supercharger then make new oil in? The charger has now 179 hours runtime.
Here some pics! Michael
Old 03-04-2018, 01:32 PM
Registered

Next coming Question is how to connet Headers with the endtipps! A siltentcoise is a must have for me.
I have 2 option but not shure if both fit!
First pics show diverter,made from cmi,to use the 600er with same setup like 496/8.2 engines with standart Risers!
Other option is a diverter from Corsa but here i am not shure if it is for same setup! remember the old bigblocks have endtipps some cm lower than the 496 engines.
somone can say some words to the corsa diverters???
Is ist old bigblock endtipp location??
Thanks! Michael

Last edited by Brembofreak; 03-04-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:21 AM
Registered

Some Updates!
The Motor was prepared now first first season!
Waterpump gets new oiland impeller and stailess srews.new spare pump was fit with Hub in right distance,so can easy change if ever problems.
motoroil was drained and new in.I can turn the engine at the big crankshaft pulley with my hand direct,so there is nothing blocked anywhere in the motor.The sparkplugs was out and next step is to turn with the starter to get oilpressure.
nexts days i will drain the complett gas system,as the stuff in is now 7 years old.the waterseperator was half full with it,but the condition from this gas was not to bad.I think the engine will direct start with new gas.
Belt become also new and some other parts.

The Valvesprings,i will be stay next season! engine only 50 hours old and silver grey rockers in it! so not the bad Crane gold ones,i think! Or anyone mean change the springs is a must,as engine has been stored since last 7 years now without turning!!??
Regards
Michael

Last edited by Brembofreak; 03-18-2018 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:32 AM
Registered

Small Update and some pics!
Engine is ready for go in and i do some work at the boat!
I have run outside half an Hours without any problems.Checked with rinda!Make all gas hoses empty and fill new gas in.Starts after 2-3 seconds!
All oils changed 2 times and now new sparks in!Wait only for the driveguardian.
After making new Chargerbelt on it i found sooth running bearings from the small chargerpulles,but they have a bit play! so direct new staninless bearing in them now! i think there are very poor bearings orginal in it,as there no size or manufature on them!Now all new!

The Engineroom becomes some alloy plates.I make them fitting now and let them then powdercoat for longtime nice optic.Also the new watertank for shower that an friend weld from alloy.

Need for engine now an nice whipple Flame arrestor and hope to find an used one next weeks.carbon Cover für waterreservoir is on way!
Michael

Old 03-29-2018, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 454 Likes on 301 Posts

Nice piece of machinery!
Old 04-05-2018, 02:03 AM
Registered

Some optic on the engine!
Carbon cover and many bezel.
also coloured some pulley and so in blue!
I like it!
look now all around for the carbon cover for steering oil bottle! i someone has an idea tell me!!!!
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.