Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Mods for a blower to fit 24 Outlaw?? >

Mods for a blower to fit 24 Outlaw??

Notices

Mods for a blower to fit 24 Outlaw??

Old 10-24-2002, 06:38 AM
merlin540

i have 1 weiand 177 kit and a b&m 250 kit i will sell you and i also have a weiand 6/71 kit if your balls are big enough!!!!!

Old 10-24-2002, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Allan4

Also, I need to talk to you about getting something put together on the river for next weekend. I'll call you this weekend. I'm out of town right now. We missed you up at Alum. Fun time.

Thanks guys for the replies, keep them coming jerkies
Allan, let us know. I would love to do one more outing before the year is DONE! I know I can get another boat to come with me. And, we have always wanted to do the Ohio in the Cincy area, so even if its a small turnout, I wouldn't care. Put something together and start a thread. I know those cats who hang out around the Muskingum/Ohio River want to go too. I believe one of them hang out on OSO. RTBNT is his name?

Get something going man, and start a thread so we can get the news out, nextweekend is coming! Let Chris@Riendel know too!!!!!!

Mike
Old 10-24-2002, 02:38 PM
Allan4

Chaz.......you KNOW they are big enough, the question is are any of you big enough to ride with me....HAHAHAHAAA Just kidding, we'll have to chat.

Luv, I need to converse with my Cincy bretheren, and I am out of town right now, so I'll post something on Saturday or Sunday. I would say unoffically for now next weekend. I'll post on the main board as a tentative plan. Later

Old 10-24-2002, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Balls ? 8-71.........There is NO substitute !!!!!!!!!!

That 9.9 cr. will have to go on pump gas.........
Old 10-25-2002, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 3,240 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Allan,

I got your PM. CLEAN OUT YOUR MAIL BOX!!
Anyway, I put a worked 525sc (comes with the baby wieand blower) but theres also a super chiller on it. Putting out about 650 HP.

Cutting out the back seat is not a big deal at all really.

First you need to pull the back rests out. You'll see it's just a piece of vinyl covered ply wood. Measure the area you are going to need to cut into this. Then cut a hole in it! You will need to cut UP and INto the wood (basicaly the back support and the seat support)

The seat cusions, you will see, come out in three parts. Theres two back pieces and the bottom piece thats on the hindge for the storage area under the seat. I had to cut into the bottom back rest and actual cusion only. Not the upper back rest.

I first pulled the vinyl back by tauking the staples out. Then I cut into the bottom back rest. I thought this was just a bige 4x4 but it's not. It is hollow. After cutting the right amount out (about 2"x4") I stapled the vinyl back into place using a BIG ASS staple gun!

Then I cut the cusion out. Again about a 4"x2" piece. wrapped the vinyl back around and stapled into position. I put everything back checked the clearance....which is only like 1/2 an inch!

You can't see the blower pulley when the seat is all back together but if you lift the rear bench up to get into the storage you can see it. Thats where bigwavs cover comes into play. I still need to have one fabricated, which I plan to do. This will keep towels, shirts, or say little fingers from wrapping up in the belt.

I did it myself and it's not THAT pretty, but then again you don't see it when the seat is all together. But I will take some pics here soon and send them to you or post them on here.

Good luck man, theres nothing like that wieand blower whine on my boat when I"m haulin ass!! I get all my neibors saying they can here the whine and the dry exhaust from our block on the beach when I"m running out in the ocean! It is sweeeeeeeeet!

Last edited by thisistank; 10-25-2002 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-27-2002, 06:12 PM
Allan4

Tank, Okay, I think I have the basic idea. So, the crank blower pulley spins under the seat?? Is that right?? IT looks to me like ther needs to be some carving right below that, is that what you were talking about hollowing out?? Pics would be great, probably better if you post them here if that is okay. Yeah, looks like I may give this thing a go, we'll see. Thanks everyone for hte input, keep it coming if you have any other info. Thanks,....the head humper........

Oh yeah, I'll clear my pm box right now....Take 'er slllloooowwwwwww.

Old 11-01-2002, 01:19 PM
Registered

Allan, Yes the pulley for the blower turns basically into the seat. NO further carving needed than what I stated above. the back seat support (vertical and horizontal) and the back seat cushion (vertical and horizontal) not a big deal.

Tank
Old 11-01-2002, 08:08 PM
Allan4

TIT, okay, think I have the jist of it. Pics would be just lovely. Where the hell ya been???

Old 11-02-2002, 07:05 PM
Registered

Brother, I will get some pics here sooner or later

Just been busy with work...been out of town for 3 weeks.

I'll try to get the pics up asap.

Tank
Old 11-02-2002, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's a picture, but maybe not the kind of blower you had in mind...
Attached Thumbnails Mods for a blower to fit 24 Outlaw??-plenum-front-clearance.jpg  

Quick Reply: Mods for a blower to fit 24 Outlaw??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.