Bad New for my Baja Dealer

Notices

Bad New for my Baja Dealer

Old 10-25-2002, 12:38 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bad New for my Baja Dealer

I hated to get this call from my dealer. But Baja has cancelled the dealer relationship with Carolina Marina that I have purchased three Baja's from.

They have been a dealer for over ten years. I have been concerned because the Baja inventory had gone to amost zero.

The guy I deal with said the owner of the company just did not want to floor plan any boats during this economy and here at the end of the season.

Baja was pushing for inventory, the dealer did not want any and Baja just said the hell with them.

I hate it for the Guy I deal with because he is a very knowledgable on Baja's and has a good relationship with the factory.

The good news is they will still be working with Baja on all warranty repairs through next year on boats that they sold.

I plan to keep all my business with them that I can. They have really came around over the lst couple of years and treated me well. I could call this guy on his cell phone anytime day or night and get in touch with him.

We have told them for a while that they could sell more boats if them did not have to order everything. I guess the owner doesn't understand that you cannot sell out of an empty wagon!
Old 10-25-2002, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dock,

That sucks. I'm on my third Baja from the same dealer (mine is Channel Marine) as well. A big part of the reason why I've bought 3 Bajas IS the dealer. I hope Baja isn't going to start dicking around with their distribution channel.

Hope everything works out.

Last edited by bajadude; 10-25-2002 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:20 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally posted by bajadude
Dock,

That sucks. I'm on my third Baja from the same dealer as well. A big part of the reason why I've bought 3 Bajas IS the dealer. I hope Baja isn't going to start dicking around with their distribution channel.

Hope everything works out.
Dude,

I don't think Baja is the problem. The owner of the dealership just did not want to inventory the product.

Mark
Old 10-25-2002, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dock, guess I kind of mis-read it.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That sucks guys...Sorry to hear it.

So where does that put the nearest dealer now?
Old 10-25-2002, 03:17 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Rumor has it that a current dealer of family style run abouts is getting the line. They are suppose to be located on Lake Norman. This is all I know.

At the time I feel comfortable dealing with my buddy that sold me the boat. Just glad that the dealer and Baja are taking care of everyone that has a boat that is still under warranty.

This dealer is looking for another line of performance boats. They tried Sunsation a year ago and could only sell one boat? It will be interesting to see what they end up with.

Fountain, Formula, Powerquest, Hustler and Advantage are taken in this area.

We will see.
Old 10-26-2002, 11:18 AM
srpbaer

Doc, I had heard this change was going to happen. Sorry to hear it finally has...but every cloud has a silver lining. In this case I had heard that Shadrack's Watersports in Bristol, Tennessee is getting the franchise for that area.It really isn't that far away and the dealership is great. I have purchased a boat from him and he is very responsive to any request I have ever made of them. I will say he deals fairly and is a man of his word. Just bought a 02 H2X back in July and the one thing he does is water test each and every boat he sells. I have had zero problems with this boat and I feel like it is because finds them during this water test.

Old 10-28-2002, 08:05 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally posted by srpbaer
Doc, I had heard this change was going to happen. Sorry to hear it finally has...but every cloud has a silver lining. In this case I had heard that Shadrack's Watersports in Bristol, Tennessee is getting the franchise for that area.It really isn't that far away and the dealership is great. I have purchased a boat from him and he is very responsive to any request I have ever made of them. I will say he deals fairly and is a man of his word. Just bought a 02 H2X back in July and the one thing he does is water test each and every boat he sells. I have had zero problems with this boat and I feel like it is because finds them during this water test.
Thanks for the information. Bristol is not that far, but farther than I really want to have to travel when you consider you have to take a boat in, leave it and make a return trip. Four hours one way for me.

I have it on pretty good authority that a dealer has been selected already on Lake Norman.

As for me, I really like the old dealer. With him being able to handle all warranty issues and his overall knowledge of Baja's, I believe he will be able to take care of my needs well into the future as they arise

Thanks Mark
Old 01-22-2003, 03:38 PM
OneMoreMph

Westport Marina at Lake norman got the baja line. The fellas said they should have a small inventory just after the boat show.

Old 01-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally posted by OneMoreMph
Westport Marina at Lake norman got the baja line. The fellas said they should have a small inventory just after the boat show.
Thanks for the update. I was told that this was going to happen some time back, but things have been quiet since.

I really don't know much about Westport. What do they handle now, and how long have they been in business?

I hear a lot of good things about the Baja dealer in western Tennessee, just out of the way for me, so glad to hear there will be a local dealer.

I have to say that Baja (factory) has been great to work with and Kevin Brady down at Port Jackson Sea Ray/Fountain is first class. Their service has made the trip well worth while.

You have a cool screen name!

Do you boat on Norman? What kind of boat?

Quick Reply: Bad New for my Baja Dealer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.