Seasonal Affective Disorder >

Seasonal Affective Disorder

Notices

Seasonal Affective Disorder

Old 11-09-2002, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we are dual sported
Yep, same here. We're in the t'aint season: T'aint summa, T'aint winta. So that means raking leaves and remodeling a bathroom.
Another month or so, hopefully the groomers will be out and then its sled time. At least I can say I've done an honest to god 112 (GPS) on the lake. Of course it was frozen at the time
Old 11-11-2002, 03:22 PM
Allan4

You guys got it figured out. You get to sled and boat. See, in Cincy we get 35 and rainy for our winters. I grew up riding sleds, and miss it badly. It's a flat out blast, as you know

Yep, I'm in FLA for a few days, not sure if I am going to stay down here for a while or not. I know this sounds goofy and all, but to tell ya the truth, I love winter!!

Old 11-11-2002, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh yes. The old days.

I could do quite a back scratch off a mogul, run sleds until my fingers froze off, monsterous snowball battles, even a pick up game of hockey. Raised in the snow belt you could always dig tunnels in the snow mounds.

Now I'm close to 40 (not yet). I take great pride in my snow removal equipment as my skis rust, not enough snow (nor the area) in Akron to ride sleds.

Cincy is kinda like Akron, winter purgatory. Not enough snow to be fun but enough to keep you inside.

I think I'll go play with my kids...my best therapy.

PS I see a few Ohio people on the board. If your going to the islands next year look me up.
Old 11-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Allan4

B-Lion, sounds like we have some similiar pasts here. I played Hockey for about 13 years, have been plowing snow for about 15 years, grew up riding sleds and desperately want to get back to it, and enjoy few things more passionately than pounding thru the bumps on my 195cm Hart F17 bump skis......ahhhh, yes, I really do love winter. However, I have sort of retired from the snowplowing business. Too much headache, plus I sold the landscape business which was a large portion of the plowing package. Still go out and shove some around though, IF it snows. Last year was the first winter since I was in highschool that I did not hook up the plow. Pretty nice blade, Western 7.5 ProPoly and a Buyers 8 bag spreader. Felt really nice to not push snow for a winter..... Looking to get back on the ice, lace up the skates and light up some rubber. I miss playing, ready to get back at it. If you played any competitive hockey and am about my age (30), I may have played against you, spent many winter weekends in northern Ohio, etc.....

Old 11-14-2002, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A4 I grew up about 30 miles south of Erie in Meadville. I did not skate much but I can (could) brutally defend a goal. Your more my brothers age who stated 4 years in high school. The won 2 state championships.

Peak and Peak was pretty close. I went there quite often with the occasional trip to others. Too be young and fearless again!!!

If you get up to the islands looks me up.
Old 11-14-2002, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Allan4
B-Lion, sounds like we have some similiar pasts here. I played Hockey for about 13 years, have been plowing snow for about 15 years, grew up riding sleds and desperately want to get back to it, and enjoy few things more passionately than pounding thru the bumps on my 195cm Hart F17 bump skis......ahhhh, yes, I really do love winter. However, I have sort of retired from the snowplowing business. Too much headache, plus I sold the landscape business which was a large portion of the plowing package. Still go out and shove some around though, IF it snows. Last year was the first winter since I was in highschool that I did not hook up the plow. Pretty nice blade, Western 7.5 ProPoly and a Buyers 8 bag spreader. Felt really nice to not push snow for a winter..... Looking to get back on the ice, lace up the skates and light up some rubber. I miss playing, ready to get back at it. If you played any competitive hockey and am about my age (30), I may have played against you, spent many winter weekends in northern Ohio, etc.....
Im lazy on that snow thing, so my dad bought a snowblower. It is great, i plug a cord into it and into the wall and then push a button and it starts right up. I dont think we have used a gallon of gas in it since we got it 3 years ago. THat money could have been put into my super charger fund
Old 11-16-2002, 11:41 PM
Allan4

Hyper, you got the wrong idea, you need to take that snowblower out and make some $$ for the charger...

Lion, I know a few guys who used to bounce around some of the little hills up by you about 15 years ago, but they were more by Cleveland. they hung out alot at Boston Mills. I have never been to Peak and Peak, but have heard about it. probably just like the 600ft vert hill about 20 min. from my house. I'm not real picky though, just give me a nice bump run with about 20-25 turns and I will beat that thing (I actually take a lot more abuse than the hill does HeHeHe...) for hours on end. Fun Fun.

We did not play many highschool teams, they were typicallly in their own leagues and would not shcedule us. Sometimes we would get an extra game scheduled on a trip, just a one time deal. We usually layed the smack down, highschool hockey in Ohio is not like it is in Canada or Minnesota or Mich, NY....etc. Some good teams and great players, but overall is pretty average. NOt taking anything from your brother by any means. We played AA travel and floated around alot of teams from the Little Ceaser's League in Detroit. Fun stuff, I sure miss it. You goalie bastards are a little nuts!! I have probably played 30 games at Tam-O-Shanter in Sylvania, I'm sure you know the place. Sometimes I wish I would have pursued playing for longer than I did, I really miss it.

Well, I'm sure we will do a PIB trip in 03. We all will have to get together. Later man, A4