Help! Trying to find cabin hatch

Notices

Help! Trying to find cabin hatch

Old 12-06-2002, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Trying to find cabin hatch

Hi Everyone,
I have a 1988 Baja Force 320. It was damaged in a tornado 2 months ago. I am looking for a plexiglass sliding cabin hatch and also looking for a company that make the acrylic windscreens.
I am wanting to replace my destroyed factory windshield with the more modern windscreen. Any help or info is greatly appreciated.
Bajaforce
Old 12-13-2002, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know who manufactured these for Baja in 88 but in 1990 it was Viplex who has since been purchased by Spartech. You can obtain them through Baja but it will cost some relatively big coin. You may be better off having a local company duplicate it for you. I believe your boat has a 4 piece windshield arrangement which makes the curved pieces smaller and easier to make (smaller oven for the curve) You can probable have the windshield replaced for less than $700. I don't know what type of hatch was on that boat but in all likelyhood the company that makes a replacement windshield can also make the hatch.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:34 PM
Registered

Hey, I guess we're neighbors and didn't know it. I live on the south side, also.

Don at Marine Center has been real helpful to me in finding things that are unusual. I'm sure you already know him.

The tornadoes missed my boats by about 100 yards. I had a couple of scratches from debris, but that's all.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:29 AM
Registered

Pwam
Mine had a tree land on it
Old 12-16-2002, 05:04 PM
Registered

It seems to me that there is a fella named Wardey, or Wardley or something similar that had someone make him a wind deflector for a 250. I don't know if they are similar enough to fit, but it might be worth checking out. I think it was last spring that he was posting about it.
Also, you might give Meyer Plastics a call here in Indy. They might be able to make you a cuddy door or at least tell you who can.
Old 12-16-2002, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may try Steller Plastics www.stellarplastics.com/boating.html as they quoted on a faring for my boat last year. There located in Detroit
Old 12-17-2002, 04:46 PM
Registered

PWAM

Thanks for the info.
Baja was a deadend.
I talked to Don at Marine Center. He's gonna try to help me out.

Where do you boat? Lake monroe?

Jeff
Old 12-17-2002, 04:47 PM
Registered

Playn,
How much did they quote?

Jeff
Old 12-17-2002, 06:03 PM
Registered

Check out www.spartech.com. Look under the divisions tab, molded & profile then custom marine. Playn is right. They bought Viplex who manufactured your hatch cover. I've got an '88 235 with the same hatch and would like some hardware for it. Haven't contacted them yet. Let us know how you make out.
Tom
Old 12-17-2002, 08:13 PM
Registered

We go mostly to Monroe, and spend most of our time back in Allen's Creek with everybody else. Usually use the Moores Creek Ramp. Don't like Geist-dirty water, shallow, and can't open up the pipes. Monroe is pretty rough on week-ends and holidays, but it seems to be the closest decent water. Occasionally go to Lemon.

Quick Reply: Help! Trying to find cabin hatch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.