Well I took some abuse for the dry pipes tonight >

Well I took some abuse for the dry pipes tonight

Notices

Well I took some abuse for the dry pipes tonight

Old 12-09-2002, 07:25 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll keep the corsa switchables, Jersey is such a police state that it would be non-stop hassles. My switchables are illegal here. No cut-outs is the rule. Look at what we are faced with this summer, speed limits...
Old 12-09-2002, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was stopped in lake travis, austin tx @ a marina. The cop said he needed to check my decibal level (this was right after the decibal law passed). He checked it, said it was fine, and said it even sounded good. I asked him, with curiousity, if they were going to start stopping all thru hull boats. He said only if people complained. Someone at the marina said that I was irritating them. Oh well, most people including some cops like the sound

Last edited by BajaRunner; 12-10-2002 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:48 PM
outlawntexas

BajaRunner:

I was told that the law on Travis is if you have switchable exhaust, you must divert when in a no wake zone (i.e. marina's). Now I was told this at the Baja poker run in September. Maybe the organizers just didn't want the hastle. Mine only switch off when I'm on the trailer strapped down!!!

Old 12-09-2002, 02:57 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Shooter
I'll keep the corsa switchables, Jersey is such a police state that it would be non-stop hassles. My switchables are illegal here. No cut-outs is the rule. Look at what we are faced with this summer, speed limits...
Not sure how the law is written there, but i do know here in ohio, the law states you cannot have "switchable exhaust from the helm" What some people have done is have a swich under the hatch that kicks to the open exhaust at 3000 rpm. then kicks back to underwater exhaust below 3000 rpm.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:15 PM
Registered

geez i didn't know it was that bad out there for some of ya.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

outlawntexas

That is true. You must have them down in the water in no wakes unless you dont have switchable. I dont, so I get hassled when I go into no wake zones.

I was at the september run also. Ive got the force 265 with a radar arch
Old 12-09-2002, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cops in Ohio are notorious. If your above 90.000001 Db forget it. Here's the law which most states will probably adopt:

SAE J2005: This measures the engine sound at idle with the microphone 1.0 m away. SAE recommends a limit of 90dbA for this method, which does not account for the speed or power of the boat.

SAE J1970 In realizing the enforcement difficulties of the previous methods, SAE designed this shoreline noise test enabling regulations keeping the boat under 75 dBA at 50 ft. by operation, not mechanics. The operator is responsible for controlling the noise of the boat.

Here's the actual state law:

http://www.ohiodnr.com/watercraft/laws/muffler.htm

Last edited by bajalion; 12-09-2002 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:21 PM
Allan4

Too many unhappy people want to piss on everyone elses parade. Drives me nuts. I don't tell other people what to do, so why do they have to hassel us about harmless noise. Geezzzz, they are outside!!! We are good to go here in Cincy because the Kentucky laws govern the large portion of the Ohio River, and Kentucky is still in 1960 mode, looks like we are okay until the year 2040.

Oh well, Tank, I knew you would get yelled at sometime. Fight fire with fire if it comes down to it, that is the best way to reslove these things. That or have ole' Three Fingered Willie and his lead pipe a bicycle chain stop over for lunch and an afternoon leg breaking session

I don't think 42's on a hd2500 is big enough..... You need help

Old 12-10-2002, 10:31 AM
Registered

What a bunch of ***S!
Old 12-10-2002, 11:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I feal for you guys i think this is a bunch of crap.

Quick Reply: Well I took some abuse for the dry pipes tonight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.