New Boat Shed >

New Boat Shed

Notices

New Boat Shed

Old 12-16-2002, 07:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Man, that's sweet. Boat and truck look perfect in there.
Now all you need is a fridge, widescreen, couch, lay-z-boy, running beer taps, Oh sorry, getting carried away again. That's my dream.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:45 AM
Big E

Dock - It looks like you and I have some things in common. We both have the same boat names, Dock Holiday, I was the one who won the October Baja contest, and I also have a golden retriever like yours, mine is 3 years old, it is my second one. My first one died at 8 years old, you are lucky if yours is 13 years old. They are the best dogs. Eric

Old 12-16-2002, 09:10 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by BAJABOAT
Very nice!
How much room do you have in front and back. I have been tossing some plans around for a building and have been thinking 50 feet would be fine. I want it to be able to hold a 38 some day! Would 35 be wide enought to get three boats in?
The building is 20 x 51 feet. The tongue of the trailer to the outdrives when in the up position are around 42 feet. This leaves me with about 4 feet in the front and the back. I would have gone longer, but 51 feet is the longest I could find. Many of the companies that make these stop at 36 feet.

My boat is really equal in length to a 38 with a molded in swim platform. So you would be OK at 50 feet. Thirty-Five feet on the width should be OK as well for three boats, depending on how much room you need between them.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:20 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally posted by Luv-N-It
Very nice indeed, Dock!

Questions for ya, I have a frined who is going to build a pole barn in the spring. At some point he will have a 36 Outlaw or a 342 type of boat. What length would should it be? Your is unit is 51'. He said he would like it to be long enough to just get the boat in someday with the door closed. What is your guess for the length? Also, he is getting estimates in the 15-20,000 range for the polebarn he thinks he needs. How much do you have in yours, or will you have in it? Your storage unit looks more pre-engineered type building.

Email me or private msg. me if you like.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

I looked at many options. As for a pole barn, the size would directly effect the price. For $20,000 I could have got a HUGE pole barn.

We received a quote of $24,000 complete for a 40 foot x 60 foot x 14 foot high metal building. This was with the slab, fully insulated, one small entry door and one 12 foot x 12 foot overhead door.

I just did not have the money at this time so we went the way we did. Also I have an old shop to tear down first where I want to but the permanent building. Actually hope to build one within a year or two, and we are thinking now of going about 60 x 60 and having two overhead doors.

As for what I did, the slab which is 20 x 60 feet was $3000 and the building was $3500 installed. It has been up about two months now and the boat has been very dry and out of the sun.

I am looking for a door system to go onto the front to fully enclose it. Found one online that mounts overhead and rolls up into a ball sort of. I am afraid to see the price though.

Hope this helps out.

Mark
Old 12-16-2002, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,
I think his estimate is for a 30x40 polebarn with all the goodies. You are right, the roll-up doors are quite expensive. We have those here in our plant. The guys out there are not nice to them. It is at a point now, becuase the doors are expensive, that we only repair the sections needing replaced, or savage as much as possible.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Man that looks awesome Dock Holiday. I want one now for my boat.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks nicer than leaving her out in a storage field through the long cold, icy ohio winter
Old 12-16-2002, 05:20 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That is one heck of a deal. Is that barn a "pre-engineered" set up? do they have a website? or did you find some local guys/company to build it to your specs?

Jeff
Old 12-16-2002, 08:52 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally posted by hp500efi
That is one heck of a deal. Is that barn a "pre-engineered" set up? do they have a website? or did you find some local guys/company to build it to your specs?

Jeff
Jeff,

The company is called Carolina Carports. There is a dealer just a few miles from our house. I stopped by on day because they caught my eye and was surprised about how sturdy they are and the price.

I gave the dealer 10% down when I ordered, they were at the house in about two weeks, and you pay them when completed.
There were two guys that showed up around 9:30 AM and were done by 5:00PM. They walked on top of it and that really surprised me. It is very solid, does not sway or move at all.

These have become very popular in our area. Although mine is the largest I have seen, and the largest the dealer has sold.

I have just a little problem with water coming under the bottom rails at the floor from the outside. I plan to seal around the bottom and see if that will stop it.

Let me know if I can get you any other information.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:24 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally posted by bige
Dock - It looks like you and I have some things in common. We both have the same boat names, Dock Holiday, I was the one who won the October Baja contest, and I also have a golden retriever like yours, mine is 3 years old, it is my second one. My first one died at 8 years old, you are lucky if yours is 13 years old. They are the best dogs. Eric
Hey Eric,

Glad to have you on the board and get to talk with you. Congradulations on the win on Baja. We thought we had a rare name and now have located three other boats with the same. The 29 looks good. Welcome to the Baja family. There are a lot of really nice folks on here.

As for the goldens, I cannot believe how wonderful they are. He is really getting old and won't be around much longer I'm sure, but i will have to get another and can only hope it will be half as good a dog.

Take care, Mark

Quick Reply: New Boat Shed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.