#8000 by Wette Vette

Notices

#8000 by Wette Vette

Old 12-30-2002, 10:54 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are we counting posts?? Count me in!!!

Slippage on a 24 Outlaw? I'd help you out on that one but I've got a raised X on mine, so I'm sure mine will be different than yours. I'm running a 22" 4 blade Powertech and see about 7% slippage.
Old 12-30-2002, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allan, you can't beat it when someone lets you try stuff like that. I really think you will see a gain. Keep in mind the tubular headers and single plane like a little more RPM, which goes in line with my larger cam theory. If you see a gain as is, a larger cam may be the ticket to your 80 HP gain at 5800 RPM. As far as slippage 10 to 15 percent are on par for a v hull from what I have seen. I have also seen tachometers off as much as 500 RPM which tricks people into thinking their slip is much less. My Spinelli 29 runs about 13% at 98 MPH, and my Hydromotive 27 is around 7% for 96.9. Hydromotive told me a 30 Bravo is actually only a 28.5 pitch according to Hydromotives measurements. So what is my 29 Spinelli??? See what I am getting at. The calculations will get you in the ball park, but aren't that accurate.
Old 12-30-2002, 05:09 PM
Registered

Default wette vette,thanks for the formla..

Craig,
Go down on the eliminator post and you will see where Im coming from.. why is it that khadley with his 33 and with sc600s can only go 108,while another guy with a 36 and stock 575s says he goes 115 with a full load. I was just wondering, It just doesn't sound right to me..
I wasnt going to the boat show but we now have a eliminator dealer in Valpo and he said they will have five boats there along with the fact that B-max also will have their man there. I bought a pair of b-Maxs and I have a ton of questions and I want to do some measuring.Yes, my drives are for sale.make me a offer,watch out!you may own them!!
eliminator219
Old 12-30-2002, 05:19 PM
Registered

Default wettevette and boat show..

Craig,
we are going early Saturday right after breakfast,going to try and get back in time for the game. what time are you heading up? Is Mike going with you? If not who are you going with?
We are only interested in the performance boats,Have a nice house dont need to sleep on a boat..Besides it looks pretty good when you are staying at a motel and looking out the window and seeing your rocket!!
eliminator219
Old 12-30-2002, 07:33 PM
Registered

Eliminator 219,
I saw that A&M is an Eliminator dealer. That really surprised me! I hope they sell a lot of boats so the used market will be good around here in a couple of years. I think I will be going to the boat show this Saturday as well, and like you I skip the cruisers and hit the performance scene. I will let you know later in the week, maybe we can meet you there. I will tell JDNCA1 about your drives. He may just make you an offer. By the way Khadley is really doing 108 in his ride W/ stock 600SC's. As for the explaination for how a 36 with less power goes faster is beyond me. I have seen way to many reported speeds 10 MPH or more optimistic compared to my radar readings to really 100% believe anything I read or hear. That is why I bought the Stalker gun. Talk to ya later
Craig
Old 12-30-2002, 08:25 PM
Allan4

It's called the 10mph rule. Not sure why people lie about how fast there boat is. Too me, the fun is in ME knowing how fast my boat REALLY is. Different strokes for different folks I guess. It was fun outrunning a few "80 mph" boats this summer at 72-74 gps........

Old 12-30-2002, 08:28 PM
Allan4

I will post when I am heading to Brookeville. I hope to run in the next 4 weeks or so, we'll see what the weather does. That will leave me plenty of time to pull the motor if I decide to. You know how things change though......

Foul, that raised X would explain how you made that rooster tail on another post.

Old 12-30-2002, 08:57 PM
Registered

A4,
I will be in Cicny on the weekend of Jan 18. I will be in Middletown for a couple of weeks doing some training and will be hanging with JDNCA1 that weekend. It would be sweet to go for a boat ride in the middle of January. If nothing we can grab a beer at Hooters and do some bench racing. At the bar my boat can hang with Corey's.
Later,
Craig
Old 12-31-2002, 12:00 AM
Registered

Default Bad Kitties engines

Allan,
why are you pulling your engines? are you going to sell your boat? please tell me about it>>I might be interested..

eliminator219
Old 12-31-2002, 12:05 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Allan4
I'm closing in on 1500 posts......can't even beleive it. More astonishing is some of the other guys, WOW they are at like 5 and 6k!!!!! EVEN MORE!!! Gotta love it......
I just passed the 1000 mark. Oh wait, Ive also only been here for 4 months LOL.

Quick Reply: #8000 by Wette Vette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.