Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Advantage are you out there? >

Advantage are you out there?

Notices

Advantage are you out there?

Old 12-29-2002, 04:26 PM
hirschy77

Default dude

Hey, bro------My financial means declined this year!!! Im just happy to own a boat !!!!

Old 12-30-2002, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark, sorry to hear about your financial squeeze! Are you still employed? What exactly is it you do? Maybe I can help you. Take care and I hope your holidays were fun!
Old 12-30-2002, 11:52 AM
Big E

Hey Derek - I finished up my bezels this weekend, I am working on trying to figure out how to send photos, however, the question I have for you is on the speedometer. When I took the hose off of the back of the speedometer, I actually had to cut the hose to get it off of the male end of the speedo. When I re-attached it I could not get it all the way flush back on. I probably could but I didn't want to chance breaking anything. My question is how much water pressure is in the hose when the boat is running? Right now I have it on pretty good and you can't really pull it off but it is not all the way flush with the barbed fitting at the end of the speedo. I replaced the zip tie around the hose when I put it all back together. Do you think that is good enough or is there a ton of pressure in that hose. I'm worried there is, and I don't want water spewing all over the other gauges. Does this make sense? Thanks - Eric

PS - That was a lot of work undoing all of the gauges and re-hooking them all back up. I did them one at a time because I did not want to get any wires crossed. I hope I never have to do that again, but it was really worth it. Thanks Again!!!

Last edited by Big E; 12-30-2002 at 11:54 AM.

Old 12-31-2002, 01:29 PM
Big E

Thumbs up Bezel Photos

Hey Derek - Here they are, I had to scan a photo and reduce it that is why the photo is so small. Thanks for all your help. Eric
Attached Thumbnails Advantage are you out there?-new-bezels.bmp  

Old 01-01-2003, 12:57 PM
hirschy77

Default money

hey bro---I sell construction equipment to commercial contractors only!!! Been the worst year since i started 8 yrs ago--feelind the 9/11 pinch--hope things come around soon!!!! Mark

Old 01-01-2003, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your job bro! Hopefully the economy turns around for the new year! We can still boat this summer and kick ass on poker runs!

Your gauges are looking awesome! I had similar problems with the fitting on the back of the speedo! I have experienced no problems with mine. What color are those bezels?

Derek
Old 01-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Big E

Derek - They are purple, just like yours, my Faria gauges have the silver trim ring around them like yours too. I had never seen these before (silver with purple) until I saw the pictures in your boat. I had to use a Gaffrig monster bezel for the speedo and tach because they are so large, 4 5/8" diameter. My other guages (fuel, voltmeter, trim, etc) are the standard 2 1/16" ID. I guess because I only have one motor they need to use up the space on the dash so they put a larger than normal tach and speedo. The photo turned out terrible because I had to scan it and reduce it so I could post it on this page. I left my digital camera at home and had to use an old disposable camera I had laying around at the lake.

I also wanted to tell you that I sold my old boat on lakeozarkboats.com. It was a 1996 Baja Islander 252. That web page charges you but for some reason they did not charge me. All I did when I went to post the boat I entered all the information and the photo, when I was done they asked for a credit card number, me not being comfortable giving my credit card number online, I just escaped out of the web page where you post your information thinking that they would not post my ad. Well they did. I had it on that web page since October and a guy called me back in November about the boat, I couldn't meet him down there so I gave him directions so he could look at the boat by himself. He called December 24th and said he wanted to buy it to give to his family for Christmas (nice present). He mailed me 1/2 of the amount (I received it yesterday) and I am meeting him down there Jan. 11 to get the rest of the money. I sold it for $27,500.00 I thought that was a good price for him, but I got tired of owning 2 boats. It was like new, 265 hours on it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the boat, but it still amazes me that someone would buy a boat without starting the motor.
Sorry for this long string, but I thought if you haven't sold your boat you might try that web page. Try what I did, maybe you will get free advertisement too. You have a really nice boat, I'm sure you will have no trouble selling it for sure this spring. Thanks again - Eric