Installing cup holders,in an outlaw with triple rear bolsters

Notices

Installing cup holders,in an outlaw with triple rear bolsters

Old 02-11-2003, 07:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing cup holders,in an outlaw with triple rear bolsters

I can't get them in, I gotta get those ugly plastic ones out, anyone got any ideas????????????????/
Old 02-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Registered

I will come over and yank them out for you if you have a beer handy
Old 02-11-2003, 07:41 PM
JTB
Registered

Cutting torch, sawsall and some ductape should do it!
Old 02-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Registered

JTB your right but dont forget he will need to provide the beer
Old 02-11-2003, 08:48 PM
Big E

Liquid - I had trouble with those. What I did was that I broke the cup holder with a needle nose pliers to get it out. Revove the old one entirely. The new ones are a little big. What I did was I carefully removed the staples that hold the upholstery around the now open hole where the cup holder fits into. Next peel the edges of the upholstery that go into the hole. After that I took a large paddle bit hooked up to a drill and patiently and lightly reemed around the perimeter of the hole, I also used a razor knife to cut out some of the wood. I went real slow so I wouldn't damage the upholtery. It took me about 25 minutes for each of the two holes. I took out just enough wood so the new ones fit real snug. Before you push them all the way down, make sure you tuck the upholtery back into the edges this way the new cup holder will pull you upholstery tight without having to put the staples back in. I am assuming that you are having difficulty with the holders on the port and starbird side between your bolsters and the rear bench seat. Right? I only have two bolster seats, four would make it that much more difficult due to the lack of elbow room. Let me know how it goes. Good luck. Eric

Last edited by Big E; 02-11-2003 at 08:53 PM.

Old 02-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The part I'm having trouble with is the rear seat with the bolsters, the handles are right in the way
Old 02-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Big E

Okay now I understand, I am assuming that you don't have a rear bench seat, you have the kind that has the built in bolsters. When you read my post I think I refered you to as "Mike" I got you confused with Luv n it, he pm'd me Saturday with the same type of question on cup holders. Sorry about that, I edited my post to address you. If you are having trouble getting them out, I would assume you would have the same trouble getting them in. So I probably would advise not to break the old ones out. I guess your seat does not lift up to where you can unbolt the handles? I think I know what your talking about you have like a T grab handle between each seat right?

Old 02-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Big E

Hey Liquid - I think Dock Holiday put new cup holders in his 36, I think he has the triple rear bolsters, he may know. Sorry I couldn't help. Eric

Old 02-11-2003, 09:56 PM
GAMEMAN

LIQUID call Casey

Old 02-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gameman, ask him for me when you see him, if you don't mind

Quick Reply: Installing cup holders,in an outlaw with triple rear bolsters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.