Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
outlaw back seat removal >

outlaw back seat removal

Notices

outlaw back seat removal

Old 02-20-2003, 07:21 PM
bayou outlaw

Default outlaw back seat removal

I was wondering how difficult a job it is to remove the back seat from my 1994 24 outlaw. The alternator needs changing, and last time I almost had to stand on my head to get it out. Is taking the back seat out a viable option to get to the front of the engine or is too much trouble and not worth it? Thanks, Andy

Old 02-20-2003, 09:07 PM
Notched Baja

The bench is a little heavy to remove from the boat by yourself, but I had a 24 and I would just take it loose and move it forward a foot or two. Only take around 15 minutes to get it loose.

Just my two cents

Old 02-20-2003, 09:34 PM
Allan4

It seems easy, but mine was pretty tight. I would try to get to the alt without removing the seat. If you do decide to pull it, you may not be able to get it to slide forward, mine was too tight. I had to pull it anyway, I used a wench and a long rope. Becareful, it is heavy. Look for 4-5 bolts/screws on either side and 5-7 screws along the front of the seat, inside, screwed into the floor.

Old 02-21-2003, 04:33 AM
bayou outlaw

Ok guys,thanks for the info. I'm gonna tackle it this weekend. If it is too tight to get out I'll just put the screws back in and do it without removing the seat. Andy

Old 02-21-2003, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just did it last week to replace my carpet. It won't slide forward easily as the grab handles will catch. The seat is in 3 sections, remove the top half, then the middle & finally the base. I had problems swinging the base around as it hit the bolster, It will take a little patience. I went to Home Depot & bought a movers blanket, lay it over the motor & just lay on top of the motor to to access the alternator. Should be only 2 bolts to remove.
I would leave the rear seat in.
John
Old 02-22-2003, 07:24 AM
bayou outlaw

yeah I think that is what I am going to do. I really didn't want to tackle the seat without some help. Thanks John.