Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
What type of waxes >

What type of waxes

Notices

What type of waxes

Old 05-03-2003, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually use Liquid Glass and it always worked great but this year I'm trying Starbrite Marine wax with Teflon on the outside and 3M Ultra Marine Wax in the cockpit (I wax everything thats fiberglass). Teflon adds a lot of advantages to repelling stains the others don't have. I also use a spray on wax (Eagle) occasionally between full on waxes and it seems to keep the shine up.
Old 05-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Registered

Biokleen's Polish & Sealant. Its a non-wax formula that in my opinion gives a much deeper shine and is about 20 times as slick. It lasts about a 100 times longer than wax too.

Polish & Sealant + Less time waxing = More time boating

http://www.biokleen.com
Old 05-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Eternal Warrior

Mequires "Flag Ship" is the best I've found. I am curious about Biokleen's Polish & Sealant.

Zyzzyx2123 - How long have you used it? Does it fill in the inevitable scraches on the hull like waxes do?

Old 05-06-2003, 09:26 AM
djm
Registered

I've always been impressed with Collenite fleetwax. It goes on easy and comes off easy. Their cleaner works awesome.

As far as cars go, I think zaino is the best. I've never used it on the boat though, white is too light a color to apreciate the deep zaino shine.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

djm,

I will second the Zaino for automotive use. Nothing I have ever used is better. I have used it, Z-3, on the boat (solid white 36 Outlaw) and it is good but as you stated not sure at this point if it is better (longivity or shin) than some of the others.

Have used the Collinite and it is very very good and last a long time. I have also used for longer than I care to remember at times J Wax Kit. Very easy application and good shine both auto and for the boat.

Be safe,
Mark
Old 05-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Hi guys,

Since we are on the subject. I'm repairing a ton of idiot dings on my gelcoat - still have tone of Hot lanta and Mulberry if you want some. At 65 a quart, it's free!

Anyway, I want to do the once over so I bought the 3M medium polish, the 3M Finesse, and I'll finish it off with Starbrite Teflon. I don't have any chalk so is the medium a little too much? I think it will do the job and the Finesse will glass it off nice. OR - will I dull the whole dmaned Gelcoat?

Later