Old 07-08-2003, 01:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it all depends on how hard you run them in rough water
Old 07-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Registered

Sorry to butt in, but, stress cracks do not open and close before your eyes. Most boats that are run in big water will get stress cracks in the Gel.....eventually. But a crack that opens enough for you to see the movement points to a bigger problem.

Just my .02.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by h2owarrior
Sorry to butt in, but, stress cracks do not open and close before your eyes. Most boats that are run in big water will get stress cracks in the Gel.....eventually. But a crack that opens enough for you to see the movement points to a bigger problem.

Just my .02.
I have to agree.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:43 AM
Registered

This is JB's wife....

That is exactly what we're worried about.

Baja has told us twice now that they're willing to repair the crack....um NO! There is something structually wrong! Within 2 years the hull warantee is void and we'll have to pay for all these repairs ourselves, let alone run the risk of the boat breaking in half, which is a very real possibility if this isn't repaired properly. Every year it's getting more and more difficult to get them to do the right thing. They keep covering the cracks and it just cracks again, except now they're bigger. There's a clue here!!!! Ya know, I'd understand it if we were running in 8 to 10 foot waves and beating the boat up. We're talking 2 foot chop here - the boat is supposedly made to do that...well, except ours. The boat is well taken care of, not left in the water, washed every time we pull it out (after use), even stored in a heated barn for the winter. Honestly, we couldn't do any more. As for operation of the boat, he's a really good driver, knows how to use the trim tabs, sets the boat down nicely if you hit an occasional swell (backs off on the throttle so you don't go crashing into the next wave). He knows how to drive, we know how to maintain the boat and take really good care of it. I'm so frustrated, they should be really glad they're dealing with him and not me. I probably would have called Elliot Spitzer already.

Not to be a jerk but we're in a poker run next weekend that is covered in Poker Runs America. We're the pace boat (clean water up there ) ....if they don't step up to the plate, they're going to get ALL KINDS of publicity.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:53 AM
Registered

Here's a pic of the crack.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Registered

Or not....I'll try again using a link from a host site.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Registered

Okay - I suck...here's a link. Kinda scary that I'm supposedly the expert in the family at this. LOL

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289719879

Last edited by Bonnie Outlaw; 07-09-2003 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello Bonnie.
I'm interested in seeing those pics. The link you provided returns a message saying that the "Image is temporarily unavailable." Just a haeds-up.

By the sounds of it, the cracks in the corners, I would think that the cockpit sole is not properly supported from underneath. This would allow the floor basin to rise and fall with load and inertial forces leading to the cracks in the corners. There sure sounds like a larger problem underlying the cracking.

Others have said it, spider cracks and gel coat stress cracks are not uncommon, but they are limited to being superficial only.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey BD,

I saw the pic before it went kapuut. The crack is not on the floor. It is on the top of the gunwale at about the 1:00 postion from the throttle. Starts to run under the plexiglass fairing.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Registered

I'm adjusting the on line album...I screwed something up. If you mail me direct, I'll sent you the pics direct. [email protected] (but don't tell anybody my e-mail addy, it's a secret) LOL

Quick Reply: 25 Outlaw Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.