24 Outlaw Question >

24 Outlaw Question

Notices

24 Outlaw Question

Old 11-27-2003, 05:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

skoboat,this is proman i have a 93 24 outlaw. it is on this baja site. it is also on boats for sale. it has a 502 and does 64 gps 70 on speedo. i have raced alot of h2xs. calm water some have beat me but in the ruff you can wave good buy to them. not a whole lot of room and not as long at the front end.still a very nice and affordable boat. i just drove a friends 99 24 h2x a coulpe of weeks ago.very nice but a big difference when i got back in my boat. i like my outlaw a whole lot better. but that is just my opinion. take some time and check my ad out.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:20 PM
Registered

Hey Proman, It looks like the inside of the gelcoat is different color than the exterior. Is the exterior painted and the interior the original color of the gelcoat???
Old 11-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Registered

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all of the information! You gave me a lot of helpful things to look for and I appreciate it.

The boat seems to be in good shape for a 1993 model. It needs to be cleaned up a little and the trailer seems to be a little rough. I has been a one owner boat and overall, I don't think it is bad. I think it will make a nice jump up for us from a 20' Rinker open bow.

THANKS!
Old 11-27-2003, 10:37 PM
Allan4

The Outlaw is an offshore design, the H2X is not. Where on the Ohio do you plan to run? We are in Cincy. I have a 24 Outlaw, 1998 that runs low 70's. I like the boat very much.

It all depends what you want to run and what type of boating you do.

Rhickoff is right...look for bolster bolts pulling out and rotted hatch cover. Also, leaking around the rub rail, stress cracks in the gel on the hull and where the bunks sit and look to be sure the floor is even and the fuel door (middle section of floor) is not higher or lower than the sides. Be sure all engine and related fluids are good. Chekc the play in the gimbal and in the factory steering system and see if it has any hydro steering assist system on it. That is always over looked and many people recomend this for boats over 60 or so. Safety factor, especially for a boat with 10 years on the factory cable steering system.

All things you should look for on any boat, not just a 24 Outlaw. Good luck, they are good baots. They do need more power to move them but in all they can really handle the abuse and make a great little Offshore boat.

Old 11-29-2003, 03:39 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I've been running an Outlaw for going on 10 years now, longer than anyone else here I'm sure. I like the hight freeboard, I don't feel like I'm going to fly out of the boat in rough water. I don't like having to sit down like you would in the H2X. The 260 is wider and has a much flatter bottom. MacDad260 on this board has one and I've ridden with him several times. The Outlaw rides a TON better than the 260.

The Outlaws may not be as fast as some boats of the same size, but being able to leave the throttle pinned to the dash when it gets choppy while others are pulling back on the stick is a lot more fun if you ask me!!!

Now, I just need to put a new motor in mine so I can have fun again next season!!

'Foul
Old 11-29-2003, 08:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

actually the h2x is almost 2 feet shorter than the outlaw on running surface (h2x has intergal platform)
Old 11-30-2003, 09:41 AM
Registered

hey jason,check out the 32 on the fastboats****** web page classifieds.it looks pretty nice.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I checked it out, I will probably look at both but I think the one in Ohio is cleaner and has shorepower and fridge and monster gauges, the way the old swim platform holes were patched on the one on the other sight makes me wonder about other things, they are plugged with screws, I'm kinda scared of buying non stock power
Old 11-30-2003, 02:18 PM
Registered

Waterfoul,

Glad to see that things appear to be improving for you!
Old 11-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Registered

I also owned an H2X for a time. Except for the sit-down seats, I liked it a lot.
Didn't ride as good as the Outlaw, but rode much better than a lot of boats I've been in, especially for a 21 deg. deadrise. More room in the cockpit in the H2X than in my Outlaw, but less room in the cabin. Put some power in the H2X and it goes pretty fast, if that's what you want. If you are in rough water a lot, I would vote Outlaw.

Quick Reply: 24 Outlaw Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.