Notices

272 opinions?

Old 12-22-2003, 07:41 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by obnoxus
Doubtful
Well lets just say his widow wont ever need to work again!!That boat would get air on a wake fro a zodiac!
Old 12-22-2003, 09:56 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by dyno
Well lets just say his widow wont ever need to work again!!That boat would get air on a wake fro a zodiac!
Are you saying he had a defective hull and that she won a large settlement from Baja?

Please give us more details.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:19 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I didnt mean it to sound like that.. I thought the shooter and the 272 had the same hull,,, and unless there was a defect,,,, the 272 is a very respectable rough water boat.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always thought they were the same hull as well.

Never heard a complaint about the 272 not being able to handle rough water within its size limitations.

There is an older guy down in Jacksonville with a 1994 Shooter that he purchased new. He has some good power in the boat and it is running 80 MPH.

He was in the slip next to me at the FireFighters Poker Run and I just saw him running on the video we just received and he is flying. The boat is very loose but he looks like a pro and has it under control.

Once again, I am sorry to hear that anyone lost their life in any boat. But without more details and with the experience I have had with the 272, I just do not understand what happened.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:15 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again it was the Shooter hull I believe its different than the 272 thats built today. Nobody knows what really happened he was alone in the boat it was flat as a pancake and was thrown from the boat and then hit as the boat made a big circle. He wasn't wearing a kill switchor a pfd bad move on his part. But I drove the boat on several occasions and it was always loose....the widow is not allowed to talk about the settlement but she's not working anymore and they dont build the shooter, You can draw your own conclusions. I wouldn't buy one nuff said....
Old 12-29-2003, 05:28 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Luv'd mine
Attached Thumbnails 272 opinions?-image013.jpg  
Old 12-29-2003, 05:29 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Cockpit
Attached Thumbnails 272 opinions?-image012.jpg  
Old 12-29-2003, 05:31 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

yee haw!
Attached Thumbnails 272 opinions?-image021.jpg  
Old 12-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

The hull is the same as the 272, it's the same boat and don't beleive different. The only thing was the upper styling, I liked the "euro" look. I ran the piss out of this boat at a number of NYC poker runs - if you been on one you know the stomping your boat will take in the hudson and lower bay with 175+ boats around you.

This was on of the boats I can really say I tried to capsize and it just would not. One year I literally was running it on the "sidewalls" after a couple of hairy landings - it's on the Speedvision video. I will say that this boat lightened up over 70mph and you had to know how to drive like luke chinewalker.

I did, however, rip one of the original instatrim junk off the starboard side after an exceptionally robust landing off Sandy Hook point. Put K-planes in place. Luv the 454 blower motor, though.

Alas, my trusty Shooter has moved on to another loving owner...

Last edited by Shooter; 12-29-2003 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Registered

Originally posted by dyno
Again it was the Shooter hull I believe its different than the 272 thats built today. Nobody knows what really happened he was alone in the boat it was flat as a pancake and was thrown from the boat and then hit as the boat made a big circle. He wasn't wearing a kill switchor a pfd bad move on his part. But I drove the boat on several occasions and it was always loose....the widow is not allowed to talk about the settlement but she's not working anymore and they dont build the shooter, You can draw your own conclusions. I wouldn't buy one nuff said....

Hmmm?

I hate to hear about boat related deaths, but this is kind of ridiculous in my opinion. Wonder why she cant talk about it.

Quick Reply: 272 opinions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.