Lake Travis accident >

Lake Travis accident

Notices

Lake Travis accident

Old 04-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It can happen in any boat, the driver needs to know how to tab and trim, A liot of people think tabs should be up and I totally disagree, I witnessed a 29 outlaw stand straight up and come down on the stern and have to be towed and the people went to the hospital. I was right next to them at a Poker Run in Galveston in My 24 in my first Poker Run, But I pay a lot of attention to the water,trim,tabs, and throttle and I flew Level. The bad thing was it was a 5 or 6 foot Freighter wake that could be seen obviously comeing with plenty of time to react. That was definatly driver error, however I do not know what happened to the Fountain, There are rumors it hit something, But we saw nothing and it was 100+ feet deep, and the driver told me" it was a big wake and " these boats are made to do this all day" I think mabye that is the wrong attitude, no disrespect to the victoms though.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good point, Liquid. I hear that all the time, "These boats are built for this..."

That's a wreckless attitude, that a whole lot of people share. Always have respect for the conditions and always be prepared for anything even on the calmest days.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't care what size boat you have,,, those 4-5-6 foot rollers that are spaced out preety far, that the big cruise ships and freighters make, will totally F' you up..