My boat's trashed!!!

Notices

My boat's trashed!!!

Old 05-17-2004, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: My boat's trashed!!!

Originally Posted by steelware
Nice looking crew. Enjoy the good times.
Thanks -

I guess if you're going to have a boat full of people it may as well be girls.

No dude-fests onboard the 29!!!

Old 05-17-2004, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My boat's trashed!!!

Sounds like a good opportunity to teach your guests the "value" of cleaning up their messes.

Enjoy the time on the water that you are able to share with them, and understand that they are only human, not perfect.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Another word of advice - never bring pretzels into the boat. If they fall on the carpet/upholstery and get wet, they dry like concrete. It takes a chisel to get them off.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:09 AM

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...103#post946103

Looks like you need to reintall the swim platform and have some fun!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bcoffield
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...103#post946103

Looks like you need to reintall the swim platform and have some fun!!!
Isn't that a pisser. Right after I pull that thing off, I get my first passengers.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by 29 OUTLAW
Isn't that a pisser. Right after I pull that thing off, I get my first passengers.
Dude I don't know you other then through this board, but I'd be willing to bet you had a big smile on your face when you were typing this.

Last edited by bcoffield; 05-17-2004 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Registered

Okay, here's my advice....

Take lots of pictures. Either develop them or print them out and put them on tables, walls, etc. Keep one in your truck and one on the boat.

Bring juice boxes instead of cans of pop and forget those stupid Capri Suns. The bags of juice (like Capri Sun) make a huge mess with lilttle or no effort on the kids part.

As for the snacks - I'm not sure there is a good snack. Popcorn is a big no no, but then again any sort of chips leave little pieces everywhere. Fruit Roll ups are sticky. I guess something "bite sized" is the way to go, but even then. Definately stay away from things with dye in them.

Keep a little portable vacuum and some cleaning supplies on the boat for some quick spot cleaning. Keep baby wipes on the boat for the kids' hands, but be sure to tell them NOT to use it on the boat to quick wipe something up.

So, here come the pics. While you're out having a good time, check out their faces, the amazement, the beauty and the wonder. It's great. Snap some pics. Then when you get home and you're cleaning out the boat, you're going to grumble...but look at the pics and realize you're making a difference in someone elses life. And they'll have stories to tell their friends - if you can, eavesdrop on one (not that I condone that on an ongoing basis), but I really think it will help when you hear how excited they are when they talk about it.

This, to me, is half (maybe even 3/4) of what boating is all about. Everything has it's ups and downs...just make sure you take the time to appreciate the "up" while it's happening or the "down" won't be worth it.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Saleen367
Welcome aboard the snack, soda, sand and nap ship. You'll have more of that ahead.

The tradeoff is watching how much fun they have and knowing you make a difference in their lives.
Warm and fuzzies for everyone.
Boats always have to be washed anyway. The memories given to the little girls is definately worth it. Mine are 13,11,10 & 2. Talk about a mess!!!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Registered

I have experienced first hand last July when my friends and I took out several of thier small kids. several wanted to ride down below on the way back in and were having fun boucing with the waves. All was good until the exploding bag of doritios. Took me days to get all of the damm crumbs out, but all in all I know that the day was an experience that they will always remember.

Last edited by st31; 05-17-2004 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bcoffield
Dude I don't know you other then through this board, but I'd be willing to bet you had a big smile on your face when you were typing this.
Dude - I've had a big smile on my face since Saturday!!!

Quick Reply: My boat's trashed!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.