Info on my 33 Outlaw >

Info on my 33 Outlaw

Notices

Info on my 33 Outlaw

Old 07-28-2004, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Info on my 33 Outlaw

The bravo's should work well on that boat. Try spinning the props out first and put a level on the underside. Good luck.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have tried spinning the props out and the difference was negligable. I may try again now that I have more seat time in the boat, but I do know from before that the blow out coming on plane will be the same and the cruise speed will be very similar.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill,

Have a freind with a 2000 33 running 502's and a solid 72-73 mph. Not sure of the props but I know they are 3 blade for sure. Can find out more tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I put a level on the bottom as suggested and as I expected (and was also the case with my 25) there is a hook. It starts about a foot from the transom and using a 4 foot level there is possibly a quarter inch gap.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Keep any info coming.

Bill
Old 07-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Bill 3
I put a level on the bottom as suggested and as I expected (and was also the case with my 25) there is a hook. It starts about a foot from the transom and using a 4 foot level there is possibly a quarter inch gap.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Keep any info coming.

Bill
Bobby Todd that owns "Crayola Crazy" had his hull blueprinted and he said it picked up 4 MPH.

He told me that you need to use an 8 foot straight edge to really see the condition of the bottom of the hull.

They just started adding gelcoat until it was built up and running at it's best. He said you MUST build it up and not remove anything. I am a believer after riding in his boat.

Good luck
Old 07-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is starting down a whole new road, but...... from everything I have learned on here, the Baja's (and others) need that hook in the back to keep the boat under control without using tabs all the time. Is this not an issue when the boats get this long?

Hey Dock, in this thread or another I would like to hear more about your props. What you had that broke and what you got from Throttle Up and results.

Bill
Old 07-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if you have a big hook you could reduce it so you pickup speed but yet still have a little bit of a hook to maintain stability.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:04 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Bill 3

Hey Dock, in this thread or another I would like to hear more about your props. What you had that broke and what you got from Throttle Up and results.

Bill
Bill,

The 36 came with stock 26 pitch four blade bravo 1's. I could only turn the engines up to around 4950 to 5000 RPM. Sent them to Houston Propeller about two years ago now. The first time I did not get any results. Sent them back and the second time I could get the engines up to about 5300 RPM's with the labbed 26's.

Have run them two seasons with no problems. I did get a very small nick in one of the blades next to the one that failed in Jacksonville a few weeks ago. I noticed that right away, but the overall condition of the prop looked great. This could have been the start of the problem, I do not know for sure.

We have run the boat three times since then and all was fine. Was running back to the ramp last Sunday and the blade came clean off. Man will that cause a BAD vibration!

I have heard a lot of good things about Throttle-Up and ordered a new matched pair of 26's from Julie. Bravo 1's same as I had. They use a computer to match the props exactly.

The props should be here next week. I expect them to perform very well.

Dock