B-Nauti is getting a new heart

Notices

B-Nauti is getting a new heart

Old 08-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: B-Nauti is getting a new heart

Ok, it was tight, but it's in. In fact, installing a blower motor in an Outlaw is kinda like jacking off a bobcat in a phone booth.
I was afraid I was going to have to cut quite a large hole in the rear seat back due to the blower pulleys AND the H2O hoses. Once it was installed, I found we got by with just cutting a section for pulley clearances. In fact, OCG printed off some pics that someone had sent her. By the looks of the markings drawn on the seat-back in the pics, it looked like that person was thinking the same as I was. So, after looking at the pics I knew we was already on the right track.
Once we got fuel in her she fired right up. Smoked like a big dawg the first 10 seconds or so but we knew she had been well fogged before she was removed and stored. Everything sounded good and strong on the hose, and although it was pretty late we headed for the lake for a quick test. OCG was like a kid at Christmas, Banker Ron was excited, and hungry.
I knew the 23p Mirage wasn't even close so I put on an old 26p Spinnelli 4 blade for testing. Once on the water she fired right up, idled very rich, but sounded sweet. OCG was about to wet herself. The boat planed off better than it ever had before. It was a little rough under a load at first but was clearing up. We loafed along 53.8mph at about 4000rpm's with lots of throttle left, but it stilled stumbled a little when accelerating above that. Since it was almost dark by this time, I figured why push it. B-Nauti is now back at Gordon Marine, Banker Ron is well fed, and OCG is gonna take up smoking. I'll have a better idea once I look at plugs n stuff, but I'm thinking Ron n Carrie will be Fountain-hunting by Friday afternoon.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

COOL but we need pics
Old 08-17-2004, 07:55 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo
I'll have a better idea once I look at plugs n stuff, but I'm thinking Ron n Carrie will be Fountain-hunting by Friday afternoon.
BITE YOUR TONGUE MIKE!
Love the story...that is exactly what happened. I have not started smoking yet but my HUGE bottle of coconut rum is lighter now. Call me today and let me know how my baby is doing and I hope to see you tonight.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 3,376 Likes on 1,088 Posts

Congrats OCG!!! I made those big drawings on my back seat too! Of course I have the chiller on mine so I did end up having to cut more. She's gonna run like a raped ape!

I've never gps'd mine but I was racing Cig1 in his F-1 T/S in Havasu last April. when we got to the dock he said he was reading between 80 and 85 on gps. That thing is gonna scoot. Congrats again.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:13 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Congrats OCG!!! I made those big drawings on my back seat too! Of course I have the chiller on mine so I did end up having to cut more. She's gonna run like a raped ape!

I've never gps'd mine but I was racing Cig1 in his F-1 T/S in Havasu last April. when we got to the dock he said he was reading between 80 and 85 on gps. That thing is gonna scoot. Congrats again.
Tank, did you not get my email on Sunday that I needed you to call me?
I actually pulled up your instructions from here on what you did. Allan told me there was something out here from a couple years ago. They confirmed what we were planning anyway. Thanks so much.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 3,376 Likes on 1,088 Posts

Hey, I'm sorry! I never got your email.....

Sounds like it all came together nicely though. I thought maybe Gordo was talking about my pics. Before I put the 525 in I was just going to drop the babay wiend and the chiller on the 454 for a while We did some markings on the wood that were WAY off

Oh well, it all worked out in the end. Just got my boat back from the shop Monday. New water pump, thermostat and full tune up! Ready to sell!

Keep us posted on the progress and speeds and what not. If you need anything in the future you can always try to e-mail me again or just call.

[email protected]

805-340-8847

Tank
Old 08-18-2004, 02:30 PM
Allan4

Gordo,

You are ruining this poor little OLCG She is so excited it's entertaining just to hear her talk about it..!! Who can blame her...I'm excited for her too.

Someone remind me, now much power comes out of a 525...having a brain fart here.

Good work Gordo...and your description about the bobcat in the phone booth is just about correct....this is the 3rd motor I have had in mine

Keep us posted, wish I was there to witness the fun!

Old 08-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

HA! Allan funny you say that, Gordo is the reason I have became the way I am. He may try to deny it and say ...Don't blame me, but he was the one who went with me to buy my girl and gave me the thumbs up and towed her home for me that night. Gordo you created this monster!
Oh, and I am told that I will have 500 hp at the prop.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:37 PM
Registered

OLCG, Where is the line forming for first rides?

Hope to see you and the newly repowered beast this weekend.

Dave
Old 08-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Hey Dave! Long time no see!
I hope to have her out this weekend. I have to learn to handle that beast before I put anyone elses life in danger! HA! You will get a ride but it will cost you one of those yummy drinks you make!!!! See you Saturday!!!!

Quick Reply: B-Nauti is getting a new heart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.