speed out of a 25 outlaw

Notices

speed out of a 25 outlaw

Old 09-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: speed out of a 25 outlaw

hey guys, one more question. what is the difference between a bravo 1 and a bravo x.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Registered

I see this was an old thread, but is inline with my question. I just bought a 02 25 OL with the HO and only got 64.7 mph on gps. I was a little disapointed with that number. I was hoping for a true 67-68, which appears to be the consensus among everyone. Any ideas on what could be holding me back. I have thought about labbing the prop, but am also concerned about the weakening effect. Other than that, it's a great boat. May have to buy a whipple.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:16 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Please don't take offense, but you'll learn to drive it a little faster. Trimming it out just right and in the right conditions will find you another MPH, however you are not that far off from TES at WOT. What were your RPM's @ WOT? If you want to see a good improvement, (for the money) send your prop to Darin at Houston Prop. He knows your set up. He'll get it right. And if you're worried about weakening a prop, I'd suggest not super charging your motor. Be happy with the 25 for now and look to upgrade down the road. You might not think so now, but you'll want bigger.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Registered

This is after owning a few weeks to get a feel for it. I need more time behind the wheel to say I am truly experienced with this boat, although I did have a H2X prior to this boat. My factory gauges showed 4900 rpm, but also read 70 mph, so I am a little wary of those numbers. I think I am going to synthetics this weekend and then may labb the prop. I think I need a couple more mph to get by bajarunner(my bro). I am still not wanting to go bigger, esp with oil hitting $60 today. I enjoy the fuel economy. Thanks for your input.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:37 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

I'd reconsider Darin... he knows Baja's. I have a friend who is on his 3 attempt trying to get it right... still not right. He's going to Darin now... Darin did my old prop, 1st time. He's specializing in Baja. It's at least worth a phone call...
Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ive been running my 02 25 with an ho for a month now. im still learning the sweet spots but the best ive seen is 69.0 on gps and that made me a little better cause i didnt think it would hit that high. i am also thinking of sending my prop to darin for some work. i would like to hit 71-72.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
quote from Yesrej "i hope to be buying a new boat for next season. its come down to 2 boats. checkmate 25 convincor or 25 baja outlaw. if you guys have any info on which would be a better boat or if you have an idea of anther boat please let me know. im looking at spending under 30. you have to remember im only 23 i dont have alot of money. oh yea if anyone knows someone who would be interested in a 1990 201 four winns liberator with a 350 let me know. thanks."

Yesrej,

I copied the above post of yours from a previous thread. Are you still planning to spend under 30,000?
Yesrey,
We own a 2000 Checkmate 259 Convincor. We purchased the boat new (our first boat) and love it. We looked at the Baja 25 Outlaw before buying our boat. In my opinion the 25 Outlaw is a great looking 25 boat, but similarly equipped we saved about 17K by going with the Checkmate. I think both boats will serve you well and if you work for Brunswick and can get a good deal maybe you should buy the Baja. We have seen 65.3MPH (GPS) with a stock 454MAG. No I am not trying to sell our boat, but I do think Checkmate builds a solid 25 ft. boat. The price and the amount of room in both the cockpit and cabin sold us on the Checkmate.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by yesrej
ive been running my 02 25 with an ho for a month now. im still learning the sweet spots but the best ive seen is 69.0 on gps and that made me a little better cause i didnt think it would hit that high. i am also thinking of sending my prop to darin for some work. i would like to hit 71-72.
Sorry about that, didn't see you already purchased the used Baja. 69MPH on GPS with a stock 496MAG HO is pretty damn impressive.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

rjbbc, i did buy the baja. i was back and forth on the check zt28 and the 25 outlaw. i got a good deal on the baja and it seemed like it was built a little better so i went that way. and the zt 28 only had a 496 mag in it.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

listen guys i am very interested to hear what you guys with a 496 ho are running topspeed with the 25. tell me whats the best you got and if you did some work tell me what you did and was it worth it. thanks guys.

Quick Reply: speed out of a 25 outlaw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.