Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
All BAJA owners please advise me as to what to do... >

All BAJA owners please advise me as to what to do...

Notices

All BAJA owners please advise me as to what to do...

Old 11-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: All BAJA owners please advise me as to what to do...

In 98 Baja produced both the 24 and 25 Outlaws. If my memory is correct, all the 24s in 98 were the se.

I'm not sure about the hulls, but there is quite a difference in the top deck/cockpit.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 3,376 Likes on 1,088 Posts

Originally Posted by pwam1
In 98 Baja produced both the 24 and 25 Outlaws. If my memory is correct, all the 24s in 98 were the se.

I'm not sure about the hulls, but there is quite a difference in the top deck/cockpit.
Yes, '98 was the first year of the 25' and the last year of the 24'. They are for the most part, two completely different boats. However, the one thing that is the same is their great handling of rough water, they both do very well in the big stuff for their size.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Registered

mobile- what is your price range?
Old 11-16-2004, 08:06 PM

My price range is around 40..

But now after this weekend I am thinking of 1 of 2 things....

1. Take alot of time and make sure it is the right boat......

or

2. Wait until next winter 05 and buy a new boat......

its just that a year seems like a long time and I have waited this long
Old 11-16-2004, 08:06 PM

I just feel really gun shy now
Old 11-16-2004, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just got a 98 24 outlaw se,and looks very clean,a 98 is not that old so i don't see why that one is in the shape you say.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 3,376 Likes on 1,088 Posts

Originally Posted by TURBOED
i just got a 98 24 outlaw se,and looks very clean,a 98 is not that old so i don't see why that one is in the shape you say.
All depends on how the previous owner took care of it. Some people for some unknown reason don't take very good care of their boats.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:31 PM

I agree, if it was my boat, it could be 5,6,7 years old and it would look close to new.... Just like everything else I have always owned.....
Old 11-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are your boatsmanship skills? What kind of water will you be running? Leave it in the water or trailer for many miles? What kind of tow vehicle? What are your mechanical skills? How many times a year do you think you'll use it?

The above are the issues to consider in purchaing a boat. Better to consider them and make a "good" decision.

My perfect boat truned out to be a 1994 32' Baja purchased in 1998. It is an island runner with a lot of cockpit space. Excellent big wave handling. Sits on a hydohoist. Small enough to get into docking areas and can be transported limited distance linited times with my Expedition. I'm 40 and have been boating all my life. My mechanical skills are good (I riged the boat myself). I use it almost every weekend in the summer.

Since then nearly everything has been replaced and upgraded, a personal choice. I'm just not happy unless I can mess with it. Result...probably the hardest running Baja out there that make expensive boats look silly in poker runs. Still idles/docks nice and my 9 year old daughter can drive easily.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by bajalion
What are your boatsmanship skills? What kind of water will you be running? Leave it in the water or trailer for many miles? What kind of tow vehicle? What are your mechanical skills? How many times a year do you think you'll use it?

The above are the issues to consider in purchaing a boat. Better to consider them and make a "good" decision.

My perfect boat truned out to be a 1994 32' Baja purchased in 1998. It is an island runner with a lot of cockpit space. Excellent big wave handling. Sits on a hydohoist. Small enough to get into docking areas and can be transported limited distance linited times with my Expedition. I'm 40 and have been boating all my life. My mechanical skills are good (I riged the boat myself). I use it almost every weekend in the summer.

Since then nearly everything has been replaced and upgraded, a personal choice. I'm just not happy unless I can mess with it. Result...probably the hardest running Baja out there that make expensive boats look silly in poker runs. Still idles/docks nice and my 9 year old daughter can drive easily.
I would say that my boatmanship skills are probably more than average. I am looking for a boat that I can pull behind my 2004 f150.. I will probably use is almost ever weekend and also during the winter. We do holiday crawls and such. The max length I am looking at is probably a 30 footer...It will stay on a trailer seeing that I only live about 10 mins from a very popular launch.. Not far from the Tickfaw which I can be in the gulf in an hour.. I am a very knowledgable auto mechanic and light knowledge on rigging small boats. Very good with electrical... Any thoughts??

Quick Reply: All BAJA owners please advise me as to what to do...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.