speed on a 36 outlaw

Notices

speed on a 36 outlaw

Old 12-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: speed on a 36 outlaw

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
2002 model, 500 EFI's completely stock with Bravo 4-blade labbed 26 pitch props.

Fresh water, 5200 RPM the best we have seen on GPS is 74 MPH.

It will run 71 to 72 almost any time except in flat water.

The boat is really heavy, we have almost every option including A/C, plus a ton of accessories, all my wife's stuff, fuel + people and stuff.

When you factor in the weight, handing, ride, room (cockpit & cuddy) and safety it is not too bad for a true deep vee boat!

Hope this helps!

Do I classify as people or stuff?
Old 12-08-2004, 10:06 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drill It--
I'll be happy to get to the upper 80's I have 1.36 ratio drives which I think will run slower. I do not have the cash to go with shorter drives or boxes which will definitely help. I will certainly post up some numbers once I splash it this spring. I am running Whipples at 9 lbs boost. If I get close to 90 I will be very very happy. Like I have said above the 36 is a heavy boat and I talk real numbers with a good load of fuel and people and full coolers etc.
I run in Lake Michigan around Chicago which is cold fresh water.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bigwavz
Drill It--
I'll be happy to get to the upper 80's I have 1.36 ratio drives which I think will run slower. I do not have the cash to go with shorter drives or boxes which will definitely help. I will certainly post up some numbers once I splash it this spring. I am running Whipples at 9 lbs boost. If I get close to 90 I will be very very happy. Like I have said above the 36 is a heavy boat and I talk real numbers with a good load of fuel and people and full coolers etc.
I run in Lake Michigan around Chicago which is cold fresh water.
Bigwavz,
Good Luck. You are correct that you will probably be around the high 80's.You are also correct that the 1.36's will be slower than the 1.5's. When I first ran the boat it had 1.36's and it was slower. Before I made the changes to the shorter drives and the 6 blades I was running about 88 to 90. The shorter drives helped but they were only a benefit with the 6 blades. With my 30 pitch 4 blades I could only run about 86 even with the shorter drives. The props were really slipping because they were so high. The numbers I talked about before were with a 1/2 to 3/4 tank of fuel and 3-4 people. I too run in cold fresh water in lower Lake Huron. The only option I don't have is air. I have weighed the boat with about 80 gallons of fuel and all of my regular running gear (anchor,life jackets, towels, tools, full fridge, ect.) and it weighed 9300 pounds. Keep in touch once spring roles around. If you have any questions of what I have done I would be happy to help you out. These are hard boats to get to run fast.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BURNSMAZZ
I've got a 33'.I thought you were from this area,how did you get hooked up with Lingenfelter?You don't see too many people running his stuff.How do they run? Do they idle good around the docks? Can you tape record the way they sound so I can listen to them in the shower in the morning.
Burnsmazz,
A couple of years prior to buying the boat I had Lingenfelter do a motor for my car. At the time I was looking thru his catalog and saw that he built other motors. As far as running they have been great. Depending on the water they will turn anywhere from 5600 to 6000 rpm. They idle awesome. Out of gear they idle about 1050 and in gear around 700 rpm. They never stall or sputter around the docks. I have been really happy with them. Maybe next spring I can hang a microphone off the transom and get you some great sounds.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 867 Likes on 403 Posts

Heres our 95 mph 36 Baja, wasn't making this **** up, Smitty
Old 03-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 285 Likes on 101 Posts

Wish we could get a hold of him and find out how those drives hold up to the 6 blades? I am in search of new props and Herings seem to be the fastest!