Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's??? >

question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Notices

question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Old 11-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Talk to the senior management at Peterbilt factory in Nashville or Denton TX. They used to be all custom made trucks, the old 359 model. When converted from custom to production (model 379) the "fix-it before we ship it" went down big time. Very little warranty work needed before they leave the factory now.

There was a beautiful 40 Outlaw at the Windy City PRA and a great older couple too!
Old 11-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 233 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by a salt weapon
I just recently purchased a Sonic prowler 260 almost bought a outlaw boy am i glad i Didnt !! no offense but a poorly made production boat and everything is a option or add on and the paint schemes are an insult on a baja my 8 year old draws better graphics ..go to Sonics website and look at all the poker run grafics you get No Extra charge Baja wanted to charge me 10,000.0 extra for paint !! and the 26 sonic comes with a shower and head compartment thicker hulls 2 sinks , 2 batteries ect. ect. and everything thats a option on Baja is standard on my sonic ...and sonic only makes 60 boats a year all to customers specifics ..so when you pull into a marina your not surrouned by 3 other boats that look just like yours...nothing personal but baja is abusing thier customers with ugly paint schemes add-ons and poor cunstruction and just out to make money with no regards to re-sale or looks ..
60 boats a year??????????
I think if you read all the threads on the sonic forum you may see SONIC had problems making a couple of boats last year, and some had cracks in the bildge and SONIC was saying it was ok because it wasnt structural problem
you may be in for a big suprise 1st day out on your SONIC 260, I hope you ordered the extra long K plaines
I own a Powerquest but had 3 Bajas in the past and I thought they Great boats.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered

I am a Baja owner and proud of it. I have been boating for as long as i've been able to hold a Corona and have owned many boats. I'm a hard working guy who works a 65 hour week and spends 20 hours getting there and back. When push comes to shove there is not another boat in the 19ft price range that can come close to the 192 Islander that i just purchased this year.I bought this boat loaded up to the max and have yet to go out without getting at least one " wow nice boat" or "what the hell do you have in there". That gives me a feeling of pride that can not be described. The boat was worth every one of the hard earned dollars I used to purchase it. So when I hear people say its no Donzi or its no Formula I say will its my Baja and catch me if you can. W.O.T 62 on the gps. SMOKING!
Old 11-19-2005, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get any crap (anymore). My hull is a 32 caliber with 2 x 650 blower, extensive hull strengthening, off shore mounts, full Marine machine steering, extensive gauges, new interior.

I've always noted that the "other" guys with much more expensive boats say it goes a lot faster than it does. I guess they just don't like getting beat or at leat run with by a 1994 Baja.

I have not rode in a boat that I would like more. OK maybe the new 35' comming out.

If you think a Baja is an entry level boat then talk with Merc Racing or NMMA engineer. I had the luxury to do so during the last Miami Boat Show. The new designs with "FAST" technology (closed mold, almost no wood used) are serious contenders. This is used on the 23, 30, 40 and new 35
Old 11-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Registered

Relax boys, Baja builds a good boat. I owned two of them and enjoyed the hell out of 'em. My first boat was a 208 Islander with a 454 Mag and a custom prop, I smoked a lot of bigger more expensive twin engine boats!
Old 11-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Registered

I have owned 3 Baja's and many others. We have been on evrything else looking to upgrade. We still came back to Baja. It offered us more for our money than any of the others. Enough said.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jchef
I am a Baja owner and proud of it. I have been boating for as long as i've been able to hold a Corona and have owned many boats. I'm a hard working guy who works a 65 hour week and spends 20 hours getting there and back. When push comes to shove there is not another boat in the 19ft price range that can come close to the 192 Islander that i just purchased this year.I bought this boat loaded up to the max and have yet to go out without getting at least one " wow nice boat" or "what the hell do you have in there". That gives me a feeling of pride that can not be described. The boat was worth every one of the hard earned dollars I used to purchase it. So when I hear people say its no Donzi or its no Formula I say will its my Baja and catch me if you can. W.O.T 62 on the gps. SMOKING!

I like the opening line about the Corona!
Old 11-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Registered

Ok so heres my0.02$ I have alot of friends that have all types of boats from big cats to big vs west coast boats upper end and lower end boats and all of us have diffrent taste in boats as well as difering money options and none of us care what anybody else has we just love boating and having a good time I have had really good luck with 2 bajas and for me there fine I mean sure I love to have my dream boat 38 top gun but I will maybe someday get one but im good for now .Now I dont know if i mentioned that I always show up with a cooler full and great looking dock jewelry That could have something to do with it
Old 11-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by dsandman6
Ok so heres my0.02$ I have alot of friends that have all types of boats from big cats to big vs west coast boats upper end and lower end boats and all of us have diffrent taste in boats as well as difering money options and none of us care what anybody else has we just love boating and having a good time I have had really good luck with 2 bajas and for me there fine I mean sure I love to have my dream boat 38 top gun but I will maybe someday get one but im good for now .Now I dont know if i mentioned that I always show up with a cooler full and great looking dock jewelry That could have something to do with it

Hell you can make a row boat look awesome with enough booze and bow bunnies.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Registered

Its all in how you row it

Quick Reply: question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.