Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's??? >

question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Notices

question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Old 01-15-2002, 02:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually know people have "looked down on me" because I was driving a little Baja. I have seen it. But it never lasts long, because like Traviss said, trim up and I'm gone I have pissed off quite a few people driving expensive boats (5 to 7 times more expensive than mine) buy dusting them. They dont look down on my boat anymore.
Old 01-15-2002, 06:02 AM
MERC575

last year i used to get downed for my 272 buy the guys where i boat but thats okay. we'll see who talks crap this summer when i bust out my new ride(32 caliber)with 1400hp i cant wait to leave them behide me. boat should be out of paint shop next week and if the weather is still this warm i'm going to put her in and find out just how this things going to run.

Old 01-15-2002, 08:19 AM
Registered

well dont get me wrong
I LOVE MY BOAT and I am proud to own it and have it sitting next to my house too.
I have had no one say anything negative but also my boat is broken so until that is fixed im going to be on the pissy side anyway
Well this was just a curious thing cause I know since I have a 1998 Ram Air Trans am, i get talked down by all the moron punk kids in their honda civics and dodge neon's
(yeah keep talkin buddy)
Obviously I ignore them as much as I want to slug them in the mouth with a 2x4 wall stud!!

I figured boating might be the same on a larger scale, I did not spend a kabillion dollars and take out a third mortgage and sell a child in to slavery to get a outerlimits or whatever, but so far I have had only one outing in the baja so I have no experience mixing with others yet (subsequently, that is when she broke)

Well my brothers, Im proud to own a baja, Im going to get that guy on the ebay site to sell me the baja performance logo's and stick them on my pickup truck so everyone knows I own a baja and if someone does not like it -- they can kiss my ass cause as far as im concerned, I have just about everything I have ever wanted in life and im downright happy!!!!!!!!!

Jason
Old 01-15-2002, 08:46 AM
diligaf

Those 40ft outerlimits and skaters and pantera's and black thunder's and Cigs are FEW AND FAR BETWEEN where I am from. My Baja gets more WOW's wherever I go. When I volunteered as a patrol boat and took it down to the NYC boat race, one of the guys from KRYPTONITE racing was checking it out and asking me all kinds of questions. Overall, you get a lot of boat for the money with a Baja..

Maybe when you get rid of that PINK stripe down the side people will stop laughing ....

Just kidding, have fun and enjoy it... not everyone can afford a 300,000 dollar go-fast.

Old 01-15-2002, 08:49 AM
Registered

Hey Chris,
Im TRYING to get rid of the HOOKER BARBIE pink stripe
Problem is YOU KNOW WHO sort of Likes it
Im going to have to come home from work early one day in spring, and have all my stuff ready to go and have the boat primed white by the time she gets home, OOPS too bad

How things going?
Jason
Old 01-15-2002, 09:13 AM
Registered

Jason,
Sorry, guys, hope you do not mind a non baja guy jumping in on your thread. I do not own a baja but I can tell you there may be some joking around on this board about boat makes and models but true offshore boaters do not care what kind of boat you have, just that you enjoy it. If you have not done so yet, join the NJPPC. We are a bunch of guys that go out boating together, have a great time no matter what type of boat we/you/they have. I have a simple philosophy about stuff like this, if you have nothing nice to say, shut the fu-- up. I look forward to running together this summer. Do not worry, when people ask who makes my boat, I say Active Thunder, there response is who, never heard of them.
Old 01-15-2002, 11:41 AM
diligaf

Just whip out the buffing wheel and OOOOOPS I dont know what happend to the pink stripe.. It was there when I started...

Things are going good, how about you...

Old 01-15-2002, 11:44 AM
badbilly

FOUNTAINS ARE VERY FAST, AND CIGARETTES HANDLE FANTASTIC, BUT HAVE YOU EVER SPENT A WEEK ON ONE WITH YOUR FAMILY AND STILL RUN 70 MPH?

Old 01-15-2002, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well put, Thunderdan. I own a Formula, but one of my good boating friends is Bayou Outlaw that posted above (24' Baja). We also have another buddy with a Velocity. It doesn't matter to any of us which brand we have - that's a personal choice. The idea is to get on the water and have some fun (read: spend a bunch of pesos!). We have all had trouble with our rigs. At the Emerald Coast poker run in Destin last summer, the marina there jammed both of my Bravos in forward. What did we do? Loaded up in Bayou Outlaw's rig and made a day of it ( I did catch some flack about my Formula beach towels, though ). As was stated earlier, anyone that gives you any crap about your choice in boats isn't worth hanging around with anyway. Run whatcha brung!
Old 01-16-2002, 02:52 PM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Last year I ran up to watch the Smoke On The Water poker run out of Grand Haven Mi.
On the return leg, most of the boats were passing fairly close,and I would either wave or give them a thumbs up as they passed.Most of the owners in Skaters,Black Thunders,Cigs,and other high $$$boats wouldn't even attempt to acknowledge back.However all baja boaters did return the wave.
And the only reason I can assume why,is that I was sitting in a Baja.So are we snubbed???,most definitely!!!
Steve

Quick Reply: question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.