Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's??? >

question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Notices

question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Old 01-17-2002, 01:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
That's exactly the right attitude, Jay!
And I also like the way Tank and Steve/Rampage think. It's actually fun and gratifying sometimes!

Anyway, sure I've been snubbed before: You know...the non-wave, some million-dollar dumb ***** sitting on her hubby's boat polishing her toe nails while little foo-foo is licking her to satisfaction and she glances over with that evil look or when some guido-looking dude pulls up and beaches on the island next to me and doesn't even bother to accept my helping hand then walks away, etc, etc. We've all been there.

Although, I've never been able to discern whether it was due to my choice in boat or not, I don't know. Some people are just like that. It happens everywhere...it could be the yuppy dick who pulls up next to you with his Jag or Porsche, or some pompous ******* with the cigarette or some hillbilly with a bigger truck than yours. Whatever More power to the ones like us friendly types who don't think that way!

I'm proud of my boat, I always have been and will never regret my choice. I've worked extremely hard to get where I am, as all of us have I'm sure and I'm proud of it. I didn't buy or decide on my boat for the name, how much it costs or how much recognition I will get with it(except I do like the female go-fast groupie-***** recognition... )

Hell, I didn't even know I ever would be snubbed or looked down upon because I own a Baja until I learned about and joined OSO. There's so many people on here it's amazing. It's great actually. Everyone has an opinion, a taste for certain things and different experiences. That's the beauty of it. Lots of times it's mostly joking around or stereotyping. Some in good taste and fun sometimes not....Oh well. Live and let live, Live every day to enjoy on the water.

When it was time to buy a boat for myself, I spent endless hours sorting, sifting and researching any and all material I could get my hands on. I based my decision on many factors: locality, Styling played a Huge role, engineering, ride quality, ammenities, price and availability. I'm not an impulsive, un-informed or a whimsical kind of buyer either. I took my time looking at everything that I could find, construction methods and of course used my background as a base to examine construction and design. Believe me, Baja's leave very little to be desired as far as design and structure. I may not have all the bells and whistles that other guys have, but that's life. There's always someone trying do out-do the other simply because they can..........

It comes down to a matter of opinion almost always or just plain heresay and rumors. Trust me, most people who have ridden in our boats will tell you the same, they know better and are the more aware. You hear about tradgedy and boat break-up or failure often enough on this board due to it's huge membership and experiences that you should know that it is possible and occurrs with any and all makes or models.

Be proud guys! Bring whatcha brung! And hang with the best!!!

As far as I'm concerned I don't think there's any one single bad boat, boat-owner or boater on this board.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Baja Daze ]
Old 01-17-2002, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You betcha balls I'm proud to own a Baja. You can't dismiss those beautiful lines in our boats brother. Jay, speaking of a Baja sticker my wife bought me one from their website for a Christmas gift. It's a huge sticker which I have put on the back of our SUV. Proud to be a Baja owner.

Have any of you guys thought of putting some custom graphics on your boats? I'm thinking of replacing the "Outlaw" sticker on the wind fairing with something cool. Do you have any recommendations? What about a Team Baja racing sticker?
Old 01-17-2002, 02:30 PM
Registered

Im actually going to attempt the
TEAM BAJA paint scheme from bow to stern
since I can paint and getting some help from Excaliburhawk, I think this task is going to be a total ***** but well worth it
Scheme can be seen at www.marinegraphics.com
Click on Artists,
Then where it says select category,
Click Kangaroo Graphics
Look at the 6th scheme, or the first Team Baja scheme

That is what Im going to do to mine!!!!
I CANT WAIT
WOOHOOO
Jason
Old 01-17-2002, 02:35 PM
Registered

Jay, that looks cool! That Team Baja logo would look cool on a fairing! I can't wait to see your finished product.
Old 01-17-2002, 03:27 PM
Registered

Talking

I never realized that some people look down on Bajas until I joined OSO. It's really kinda' funny. Before that all I got was compliments and oohhs and aaahhhs on the water. As a matter of fact, a water cop pulled me over just so he could check out the boat. When he was done he complimented me on my choice of boats and I know he sees a lot of 'em!!!

We love our boat. It's relatively fast and very good looking. What else do ya need?

Sean
Old 01-17-2002, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 3,239 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Steve/Rampage

Related? Maybe! There's only so many cool mo-fo's in the world like us brother!

Jay,

Those graphics are the sh*t!!! I like all three of the Baja designs. Of course the boat they are on isn't bad either! If you get some type of Team Baja logo to fit across the fairing let me know and I'll buy one from you in purple. Send off some photo's of your project as it comes along.

Baja Daze,

I couldn't agree with you more. Theres just those d*ck head types in the world that think they have better stuff than someone else and sh*t on others because of it! I have a 11" lifted show suburban on 42's and I wave all the time at others in other lifted trucks, weither its a chevy with a 6 inch lift or a ford with an 8" lift, doesn't matter we are all into lifted trucks. And after I built my Harley, I made it a point to waive at ALL motorcyclist that past me no matter what they rode. And let me tell you the suprises I got from others on rice rockets that I waved at them and was the first to do it. We are all riders thats all that matters. I went on the "running of the bulls" (not in spain) here in california with all lamborghinis. some people were dicks and wouldnt even say whats up to others driving other lamborghinis! Some people just need a window implanted in their stomach so they can see what the f*ck they are doing when their heads are shoved so far up their asses!! We are all into offshore style boats or boating in general (I even waive at sail boaters!) and thats all that matters. I'll step off my soap box now, sorry.

Tank
Old 01-17-2002, 05:34 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Don't worry Jay,,, there all just pissed because they spent many times more money, and didn't get much more boat !!!!
Old 01-17-2002, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
We live in Maine and there aren`t many performance boats up here.. When I bought the 280 Sport in 1990 it was one of the biggest and fastest boats in a 60 mile lake And for the two or three times a reallly fast boat comes up our way, my Baja kick butt year after year!

The people where live have never even seen a Cigarette with thier own eyes!

My Baja is just like having a new Outerlimits where I live..
People up here don't know the difference.

Kurt.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Biggus Dikkus ]
Old 01-17-2002, 10:04 PM
Registered

thisistank, if you end of finding a Team Baja racing logo for the fairing let me know. I'll buy one in purple too. Thanks for the help bro!
Old 01-22-2002, 02:23 PM
MIdnightRider

I never post but I have to say this, no matter what you have, there are better, faster, and nicer looking boats just around the corner. People are people, nice ones wave, *******s don't. I had, I'm selling it now, a 250 for 5 years. It was the coolest, best boat for the money then, and who ever buys will have the same fun I did. We partied on it, had girls on it, it was worth every penny. I just bought a 42' fountain, was on a 42 F for smoke on the water last year, and in that crowd, we were, and will be the ****tiest boat there. But we will give anybody a run for the money when its time to party, we might get back a little later then those Skaters, It just means we'll be a little thirstier. Its all about fun, no matter what it takes to be on the water, even if its on a pontoon, or in a bayliner. LOL

Quick Reply: question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.