Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's??? >

question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Notices

question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Old 11-12-2005, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Originally Posted by Jayl13
Was reading that other thread from Back 4 more, and the comments that were listed there.
just curious, do you guys get crap from people cause you own a baja? Do you think people are snotty cause we own production boats instead of kabillion dollar custom rides? (granted there are always the few in the crowd that you can never help)
I dont have much experience in this area, cause I used to own a bayliner and a baja is one mother of a step up (19 foot capri br with 125 OB to 30 ft twin 454 baja)
No I would never look down on a bayliner owner cause I used to be there (and man did I want an offshore ride badly then)

Just curious, do the fountain and hustler ect owners act snotty or look down on any of you guys because you own a baja? if so, what was your reaction or response?

just curious cause I dont know what to expect this summer

COME ON SPRING
Jason
We do not own a Baja. However, we are dock neighbors with a 33 Outlaw w/ twin HP500s. The boat is dialed in. It accelerates, turns, and rides extremely well. I think people at times get to caught up in certain brand names or top speed numbers neglecting the actual overall performance of a boat. Baja makes a well balanced performance boat without a doubt and has been doing it for a long time.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by a salt weapon
I just recently purchased a Sonic prowler 260 almost bought a outlaw boy am i glad i Didnt !! no offense but a poorly made production boat and everything is a option or add on and the paint schemes are an insult on a baja my 8 year old draws better graphics ..go to Sonics website and look at all the poker run grafics you get No Extra charge Baja wanted to charge me 10,000.0 extra for paint !! and the 26 sonic comes with a shower and head compartment thicker hulls 2 sinks , 2 batteries ect. ect. and everything thats a option on Baja is standard on my sonic ...and sonic only makes 60 boats a year all to customers specifics ..so when you pull into a marina your not surrouned by 3 other boats that look just like yours...nothing personal but baja is abusing thier customers with ugly paint schemes add-ons and poor cunstruction and just out to make money with no regards to re-sale or looks ..
Sonic makes a nice boat. I know they have had their share of problems.

If one boat pleased everyone then there would only be one boat builder. Seems there are like a 100 performance boat builders. I would say since Baja builds more boats then all others combined that they please more people. Sorry you don't like them, many others do.

I guess your mother never taught you that if you don't have anything good to say, then it's better to not say anything instead of pissing off those that like what you did not.

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 11-14-2005 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Registered

Who cares!! Anything that FLOATS is fun.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Downtown,

Thank you. You are SO right. But we have these pricks with only 9 posts that seem to have a need to be negative with no real grounds other then their on personal taste.

You have a VERY nice Fountain by the way! The 42 is one of my favorite boats.

Thanks for your input.

Dock
Old 11-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

I have to agree I have as much fun on my custom 20ft cc as I do on my 302.........or 270 sportcraft.

I get soooooooo tired of everyone comparing boats. Especially when it is not apples to apples. I was looking at a sonic 31SS and the cost was obver 60K higher than the 302 with the same power options ect.......sure they had more standard options but you still paid for it. they just included it at the begining rather than allowing you to have them a la carte.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Oh yeah are you refering to the boats or ......................something else that looks like they float/
Old 11-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Registered

All I know is that when I was looking for a bigger (used) boat that it was down to two boats at the same dealership, a Sonic 358 or a 33 Baja Outlaw. The Sonic had more amenities and a splashier color scheme but it also has a six inch crack in the cockpit liner near the cabin door. I asked if Sonic would take care of it the dealer said no, not on used. I said how come the original owner didn't get it covered? He said he didn't know, but between the boats he would choose the Baja. He had ridden on both and said the Baja was a better boat hands down. Oh. and he had no ax to grind he had been sitting on the Sonic alot longer. Long story short I own the Baja and I am happy with my purchase.

Also, I see in the Sonic forums that they have been sold again. So hows the resale going to be now? No worries with Baja, they are owned by Merc.
Who do you think has more capital to put into R&D, Baja or Sonic?
When is the last time Sonic changed their hull or deck designs?
Just because a boat is not a custom one off, do NOT think that the quality is poor. Baja,Sea Ray, Formula,Cobalt, Fountain are all production models and I would put their layup schedules on a par with almost any other mfg.
They did not get to where they are by selling an inferior product.

Thank you, I am done ranting.

P.S. Baja does not paint their boats, The graphics are done in the gel.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:32 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

almost bought a outlaw boy am i glad i Didnt !! no offense but a poorly made production boat
Ya, but no offense.
you get No Extra charge Baja wanted to charge me 10,000.0 extra for paint !! and the 26 sonic comes with a shower and head compartment thicker hulls 2 sinks , 2 batteries ect. ect. and everything thats a option on Baja is standard on my sonic .
Wow, and at what price?
nothing personal but baja is abusing thier customers with ugly paint schemes add-ons and poor cunstruction and just out to make money with no regards to re-sale or looks ..
So know you are saying we don't have any taste? I am glad you like your 260. I am sure it helps you sleep at night knowing you are the coolest guy on the planet with your custom paint and nice little sink. I am curious though, the title of this thread is "do we get looked down on since we own bajas??", why would you even post a remark?

By the way, might want to use spell check, you might be taken more seriously.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Registered

To start off with, I will say that I custom paint boats for a living! Because of this, I get upclose and personal with most all brands of boats, from 16' jet boats to 42' Skaters and MTI's costing over 3/4 million dollars. I get to see (because of the disassembling and prepping process) the way boats are put together from all the different companies and I will say this, THERE IS NO PERFECT BOAT and NOTHING IS FREE!!!! I believe they were all designed for a particular market group, just as I have to design a paint scheme for an individuals taste! Just as you cannot paint a boat that (EVERYONE) will like, you cannot build a boat that will appeal to (EVERYONES) taste and needs! It is all a give and take! If you want speed you will give up comfort! If you want a smooth ride you will give up economy and some speed. If you want alot of attention to detail then be ready to wait for a long time to be built! If you want speed, comfort, and detail be ready to give up ALOT of money! I personally am glad that there are so many different types of boats and options to chose from! I am impartial to any company or manufacturer because they all will accel where others will fall short! It is all in what YOU decide is important to YOU and what suits YOUR needs! I shopped around when I bought mine and at the time the 29' Outlaw filled my requirements the best. I have not regreted my decision! As far as what anyone else thinks about it, I don't give a chit, I didn't buy it to make them happy and I have never worried about what other people thought of me anyway! I have found 95% of the boating community to be great fun loving people with the common interest being boating not what kind of boat. If you don't like me because of my boat grow up and get a life! In the mean time kiss my azz! OK now I"M done ranting!!! P.S. salt weapon, if you would like to bring your boat by sometime I will be happy to point out all of the discrepancies and imperfections in your boat for you. It won't be that hard. (TRUST ME)

Last edited by customtouch; 11-14-2005 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 3,239 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Customtouch, very good reply. Good points.

You guys dont need to bash Sonic because one guy likes it more than Baja. I personally like Sonics, except for those radar arches they put on most of their boats and those bars that run down the deck by the cockpit. Not bashing just prooving a point of different peoples taste.

I think the main point of this thread is peoples misguided opinion of Baja. I said it three years ago on this thread and I say it again, people that have never owned one are usually the ones to talk down about them.

Quick Reply: question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.