Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's??? >

question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Notices

question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Old 01-14-2002, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Was reading that other thread from Back 4 more, and the comments that were listed there.
just curious, do you guys get crap from people cause you own a baja? Do you think people are snotty cause we own production boats instead of kabillion dollar custom rides? (granted there are always the few in the crowd that you can never help)
I dont have much experience in this area, cause I used to own a bayliner and a baja is one mother of a step up (19 foot capri br with 125 OB to 30 ft twin 454 baja)
No I would never look down on a bayliner owner cause I used to be there (and man did I want an offshore ride badly then)

Just curious, do the fountain and hustler ect owners act snotty or look down on any of you guys because you own a baja? if so, what was your reaction or response?

just curious cause I dont know what to expect this summer

COME ON SPRING
Jason
Old 01-14-2002, 04:43 PM
Registered

I just trim it up and go by them that takes those cocky ass smirks off there face
Old 01-14-2002, 05:19 PM
Boating Fool

You guys need to come hang out on KY Lake. Talk about Baja country!! I have a photo of all the people we party with at the local hot spot. Out of about 30 boats, probably 20 are baja from different years and models. The outlaw brand is really popular. Kinda funny though we have ours up for sale. My dad bought a Magic Cat instead. I wish I had the money to buy it from him.

Old 01-14-2002, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 3,239 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Traviss, that was funny!!! I'll know that feeling this spring when I get the motor done.

Jay, You will get people talking **** about almost every boat! I always say people talk **** about Baja's because they've never ridden in one! Friends of mine that have Scarabs, Cigarettes, Formulas, skaters, etc. etc. have joked about me owning a Baja but I think it's all in fun and when it comes down to it, we are all boaters and thats all that matters!

ALOT of people on OSO talk crap about baja but then again they talk crap about EVERYTHING! Again, most havent ridden in one. I will put my boat up against ANY boat in the same class in rough water any day! The funny thing is, when we are running offshore with scarabs, nordics, cigarettes and formula's I'm always out front!! Could just be that I'm a fricken nut and never get off the sticks though!

By the way, I've been running my boat in the ocean in big water for over 4 years and I have had no stress cracks or problems with it what so ever.

Tank
Old 01-14-2002, 05:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Jay13,
Just think, you owned a Bayliner, now a Baja, and you wouldn't talk about the Bayliners that way.

The Hustler, Cigarette, Outerlimits owners probably started somewhere too.

If they do, it's one of two things. 1. They are just joking in fun, or 2. They aren't the kind of peeps you probably want to hang around anyway.
Old 01-14-2002, 07:45 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everyone has their own idea about what is right for them. I've owned Checkmates, Eliminators, Fountain's. I really don't think the boat makes the people. Our most frequent boating friends are in a Baja. Great boats, good people to party with, always a good time. My engine builder is currently building a 1000 H.P. blower motor to put in his 272 Baja, do you think that will draw some looks when he go by??
Old 01-14-2002, 07:57 PM
Allan4

JAy....F*** 'em. My buddies give me crap sometimes, but tehy are ususlly joking...I think. I'm with tank. I'm going to push 600hp in my 24 OUtlaw this season. I'd run any vee that size in snotty water and see what happens. I'm not claiming to be the fastest or neatest or most expensive boat on the water by any means, but when it comes down to people bashing my ride, I really don't give a ****...for two reasons. 1. I get 30 times more compliments than negatives, 2. I can usually beat the piss outta the guy giving me crap, friends excluded of course

I'm in N Ohio tonight, going to Bucyrus tomorrow on my way home to check out the Baja plant. Next boat....29 Outlaw, in a few years ofcourse

Old 01-14-2002, 08:35 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Don't take it to heart Jay, There's so many boats out there, and there all great when they run, and they all suck when there broken. . I use to be a Bayliner owner my self. So I to worked my way up. I acctually loved My bayliner. Had a 1985 190 open bow, with a 350 in it. She did 57 MPH. surprised alot of people. Sold it back in 1988, and I still see her running today.
Lets not forget, Baja, searay, Maxum, princecraft, Bayliner, ect... Are all made by the same company. We just need to remember that, before we start criticizing somebody elses boat, Be sure you don't own one built by the same company.
Happy boating everyone

Brunswick boat line
Old 01-14-2002, 09:01 PM
bayou outlaw

I have had nothing but compliments about my 1994 24 outlaw. It is holding up very well compared to more expensive boats of around the same year model. If anyone is bashing it they are doing it behind my back, which doesn't bother me a bit. It doesn't matter what you ride in, as long as it gets you there and back. Andy T.

Old 01-14-2002, 10:40 PM

The philosophy around where we boat is..."You are one step ahead of everyone else who does not even own a boat" Who wants to schlep a cooler, chairs and a blanket across a beach with hundreds of people, Our 25 Outlaw gets nothing but "thumbs up" from almost everyone at the local watering hole. Dont sweat it, buy what you want and can afford.

Quick Reply: question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.