Help me find a gauge bezel!!! >

Help me find a gauge bezel!!!

Notices

Help me find a gauge bezel!!!

Old 02-12-2002, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Help me find a gauge bezel!!!

I am looking for a speedometer or tach bezel that Baja put in their boats in the 1987 to about 1992 era. The bezel is square, black, and the gauge pushes through it. Its dimensions are 4.125" x 4.125" x .5" with a cutout for a 3-3/8" gauge. I modified my original to fit a 3-3/4" gauge and now I want to get a GPS speedo, but the hole in the bezel is too large. I called the Baja parts dept and they tried to sell me a new boat. They said they can't get these older parts anymore. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:59 PM
Boating Fool

I would go to the manufacture of the gauge. I know gaffrig carries a big line of bezels.

Old 02-12-2002, 07:27 PM
Registered

All of the gauge mfg. offer bezels with their gauges, but I haven't found one the one that matches the rest of my gauges. Baja had this specially made for them per the Baja parts people, but they can't get em. I'm hoping some Baja owner or dealer modernized their boat and still has one of these left over.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Charter Member #38
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wette,

I have some gauges from an 89' Baja. I replaced my gauges with white face gauges. I have the square black bezels from all gauges.

Interested ??? I can e-mail pics tomorrow ???

Later
Old 02-15-2002, 06:02 PM
Registered

Thanks Hotbeek, but the bezel I need is the type that the gauge slips through.
Old 02-15-2002, 09:00 PM
Registered

Wet Vette
I think you and Hotbeek are talking about the same thing!!
Old 02-15-2002, 09:24 PM
Registered

The guages Hotbeek has have the bezel cliped over the front of the gauge. They are specifically designed that type of VDO speedo or tach. My boat came with Faria gauges, which I have changed out to Stewart Warner, and I used all of the bezels over. I put in a Nordskog speedo which is goes into a 33/4" bezel instead of the 33/8" standard bezel. To keep everything looking the same, I simply took my air grinder out and hogged out the bezel. Now, 5 years later I want to upgrade to a cool GPS speedo and guess what. The cutout for this guage is 33/8".
My bezels work just like the round billet ones from Gaffrig. They are designed for the guage to slip through. I'm sure there is someone like hotbeek out there that changed out their guages and has just what I am looking for. It's worth a case or two of Red Stripe if it makes a difference.
Old 02-15-2002, 09:48 PM
Registered

I wasn't aware that Baja put different kinds of gauges in different boats back then. My 88 and my old 89 had the same gauges (faria). I was lucky enough when I bought my Uniden depthfinder that it came with a bezel that matched perfectly with the rest of my square bezels. I've never taken my faria gauges apart to see how they were held on.

Oh well, you learn something new everyday.
Old 02-16-2002, 12:34 AM
Registered

Oh chit Vette..... I just threw out all my old bezels out of my '89 a couple of weeks ago, but I think Gaffrig or maybe it was in the Glenmar catalog, still sells them. Dave Warden
Old 02-16-2002, 06:09 PM
Registered

I tried Gaffrig and they don't have a match. If nobody comes through on OSO I will try the Glenmar catalog. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Help me find a gauge bezel!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.