new to banana!!! >

new to banana!!!

Notices

new to banana!!!

Old 04-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to banana!!!

Hey, nice to find a place where there is some info and other banana owners. I just aquired a banana and was planning on running twin eggbeaters. Any info on a steering setup would be greatly appreciated.
thanks, Keith (Salem MA.)
Old 04-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Re: new to banana!!!

Welcome

There are a lot of guys on here that have twin setups so you should be getting some answers once the work week starts.

It always helps if you could post some pictures and give us the numbers off the transom of your boat. That helps us determine when and where it was made and by whom.

There is a reunion planned for this summer, hope to see you there.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Registered

Thanks TOP BANANA,

Pics will come soon but I am having the boat painted now. I would love to hook up with you guys this summer, sounds like you have a blast. Well thanks for the invite and hope to have the boat in the water it still needs a lot of work.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Registered

Hi Keith,

Welcome to the Banana BB. I'm somewhat of a new member as well. I have Hull #45, an '88 dual outboard version running a pair of Merc Bridgeports. This will be my second season with the boat. I spent last summer playing with the "mechanical" aspects of the boat. (It's never really finished, is it?) The boat runs great and I'm very happy with it.

You'll have to send some pics and information about the boat. Is it an outboard version (single or dual), or and inboard version in which you intend to use brackets for the engines?
Do you have the engines yet? It takes time and patience with the set up, but you've come to a good place for help and suggestions.

Regards,
Dave
Old 04-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome Keith! PM me your mailing address and I'll send you brochure, boat test, etc. like I did for everybody else...

Charlie Jr.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Where ya from?...you're welcome to join us june 11-12 in the CT river/LIS/ no. fork of long island area! we're having a fun run.....good venue, cool people, great time!
C
Old 04-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Registered

I don't have my transom # handy but I believe the year is 1981. It looks like it was originally set up for an inboard but was converted for the use of outboards. The boat still needs a lot of work!! When I bought the boat it had a single merc 225 with teleflex steering and the interior was junk. The boat should be back from paint by the begging of May, but in the mean time I am trying to find a steering setup and a pair of bolster seats.

I am from Salem Mass but commute to Cape Cod

Thanks for the feed back!!!
Old 04-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Registered

Hi Keith,

Welcome to the Banana board!

This is gonna be the best place to get all of your questions answered about your new boat.

A few of us are going to gather in Hyannis for the offshore races on June 11th and 12th.

You're wecome to join us if you like.

Chris
Old 04-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Registered

Keith,

Is the boat on the left the one you just bought?
Attached Thumbnails new to banana!!!-black-banana.jpg  
Old 04-21-2005, 04:50 AM
Registered

Hey Keith welcome to the board. And I'm sure you'll enjoy the boat. Hope to see you out at the cape for the races.

Quick Reply: new to banana!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.