Announcement >

Announcement

Notices

Announcement

Old 04-30-2005, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 1,022 Likes on 421 Posts
Default Re: Announcement

Lightspeed I don't want to start an arguement on this thread but I don,t feel that this is the time or the place to bring up your past issues with the quality of your old boats and to make the assumption that Charlie did or would build an inferior product.Many a product has been P.O.S. as you like to say, after another company has taken over (Harley Davison after AMF bought them out comes to mind)so I feel it is a bit unfair to pee on Charlie,s parade here.

I applaud Charlie and his son for their idea and I wish them the best of luck.

And that is all I'm going to say about that!
Old 04-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 242 Likes on 94 Posts

Lightspeed

You were not one of my customers. If you bought a boat that broke, you bought from the people that bought the small mold from me and they haven't made any of those boats since 1992.

What years did you buy your boats in?
Do you have the hull numbers?

I still have the original layup schedule given me by Don Aronow. He built over 1200 boats using that schedule and never had a hull problem. These new boats of mine will not be the lightest or fastest, but they will be around for a long time.

I still have a 24 that was built in 1976. I raced it and used it over the years in much rough water...it still is in great shape.

Tommy Monza
I do not know the history on that hull. I can ask around from some of the other old timers and see if I can find out for you.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

Thats good news,there is a market 4you classic lines,manny sizes,best of luck Tripps
Old 05-01-2005, 06:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Charlie I have a question that i thought you might be able to answer for me.My dad had a 26 Monza sportdeck from the mid 70's that the hull looked almost identical as the 24 Cigarette hull,did this design come from the same reduced drawings as the old 36 as did the 24.

Tommymonza

Here is some information on your boat.

It was designed by Don and was going to be a 26 foot cabin boat, that's why it has an 8.5 beam. The hull mold was sold to a couple of guys from the food industry before the project was complete.

Bob Saccenti took one of the boats and stretched it to 28 with Don's approval and that became the 28 foot Apache Brave. That boat ran great with twin 454/360 Bravo package doing 71 -73 mph.

That boat was taken by another group and stretched to 30 feet and became the Baja 30.

Eventually almost all deep v's came from Don's 32 Cary, it's like all of us from Adam and Eve.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, Charlie Sr. & Jr.! I wish you the best of luck in the new bussiness. It will be great to see some nice boats out on the water agian that don't depend on their flash to get your attention. I'm sure a lot of other people have been wondering so I'll ask for them. What type of power options are you planning on?
Old 05-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Where did the 28 come from? I have an '85 but I'd love to have 2005. Are you going to build them at Pt. Edgewood. I used to live right down the street from there on Washington when I went to college. That deli across from Shell has the best chicken parm sandwiches ever. It's been 10 years and I still think about them
Old 05-02-2005, 08:30 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Great news, and good luck!
Old 05-02-2005, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that's some good news.
Congratulation and thank you.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 1,022 Likes on 421 Posts

Charlie thanks for the Info on the Monza.

Last edited by tommymonza; 05-02-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
Where did the 28 come from? I have an '85 but I'd love to have 2005. Are you going to build them at Pt. Edgewood. I used to live right down the street from there on Washington when I went to college. That deli across from Shell has the best chicken parm sandwiches ever. It's been 10 years and I still think about them

All new boats will be built in Florida.

Port Edgewood has nothing to do with this line of new boats....please read comments above, we had nothing to do with the people from Port Edgewood.

Quick Reply: Announcement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.